Trump Repeats Lie About Popular Vote in Meeting With Lawmakers

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Amazing. Truly amazing.

The president of the United States claimed, with not a single bit of supporting evidence, that millions of folks vowed illegally for him.

Mind you this is not the same incident when he posted the blatantly untrue tweet.

Apparently, whilst meeting with congressional leaders at a reception, Trump repeated the long debunked lie.

It amazes me that not only did Trump behave in this juvenile, dishonest way as a candidate, but as a president his insecurities are so great that he needs to lie to folks who know he is lying.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/us/politics/donald-trump-congress-democrats.html

President Trump used his first official meeting with congressional leaders on Monday to falsely claim that millions of unauthorized immigrants had robbed him of a popular vote majority, a return to his obsession with the election’s results even as he seeks support for his legislative agenda.

The claim, which he has made before on Twitter, has been judged untrue by numerous fact-checkers. The new president’s willingness to bring it up at a White House reception in the State Dining Room is an indication that he continues to dwell on the implications of his popular vote loss even after assuming power.

Mr. Trump appears to remain concerned that the public will view his victory — and his entire presidency — as illegitimate if he does not repeatedly challenge the idea that Americans were deeply divided about sending him to the White House to succeed President Barack Obama.

Mr. Trump received 304 electoral votes to capture the White House, but he fell almost three million votes short of Hillary Clinton in the popular vote. That reality appears to have bothered him since Election Day, prompting him to repeatedly complain that adversaries were trying to undermine him.

Moving into the White House appears not to have tempered that anxiety. Several people familiar with the closed-door meeting Monday night, who asked to remain anonymous in discussing a private conversation, said Mr. Trump used the opportunity to brag about his victory.

As part of that conversation, Mr. Trump asserted that between three million and five million unauthorized immigrants voted for Mrs. Clinton. That is similar to a Twitter message he posted in late November that said he would have won the popular vote “if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally.”

2. Sage3030

Sage3030 Well-Known Member

There is only one way to see if he's lying:

check every single vote in all 51 elections.

That hasn't been done, so the best one can say is he's stating an opinion.

3. Think for myself

An opinion?

I disagree. The president is a small man, intellectually and morally, so he needs to bolster himself, to gain a modicum of confidence by winning. Now, he won where it counted, the electoral vote, but he lost the popular vote, and this is eating away at him, so rather than simply move on he lies about winning the popular vote, lies to make excuses why the majority of American think he is a royal assbag, a blooming idiot, a man-child of the highest order.

In short, he lies fully knowing everyone knows he is lying, because he is so challenged inside that he does not care if everyone knows, as he is only trying to convince himself.

Now that is an opinion.

4. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think part of his reasoning behind this and his crowd size spat are to trigger the left. Trump will use the far left to push his agenda forward, similar to how Obama used the far right to drive his agenda forward. The more they protest, stir up violence, and verbally attack random strangers the more unhinged they appear.

5. Think for myself

Really? Watch this.

Trump is lying about illegals voting.

There is not a shred of evidence that millions of illegals voted,. Trumps is speaking out of his ass, a petty human being needing to bolster himself up. The fact that he is president makes it sad and appalling that he would state such nonsense.

6. Fisherguy

Fisherguy Well-Known Member

Repeat a lie often enough, and eventually a majority of Americans will believe it. It certainly worked with the Iraq invasion. Many of the same people who were duped then, were duped into voting for Trump.

7. Genius

Genius Active Member

I would say that there may be a point to be made if those three million votes didn't come from 2 counties in all of America simply because they have overwhelming populations of people who all think alike.
    Trump won real America by millions of votes.

8. Think for myself

Real America. Classic.

Because one has to vote for trump to be a real American. Fall into lockstep with the man-child president or you are not an American. Praise Trump or you are not an American. Worship trump or you are not an America. No dissenting opinions, no alternatives, no disagreements on principles. You either like Trump or you ain't no 'merican.

9. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

Let's not forget the recount uncovered massive fraud in Detroit. Who's to say the same kind of fraud isn't occurring in other DNC strong holds.

10. ChiefSeattle

ChiefSeattle New Member

He's doubling down on his lies.

11. Think for myself

Oh, massive fraud in Detroit?

Was that the millions of undocumented folks voting that the president was talking about?

Or simply made up nonsense to excuse the stupidity and dishonesty of the president?

12. ChiefSeattle

ChiefSeattle New Member

Trump is worried about how he will be viewed because Trump knows we know he lies every day, while his supporters live in fantasy land believing everything he says.

13. Ctrl

Ctrl Well-Known Member Past Donor

There is plenty of evidence that illegals vote. You are speaking out of your ass. Yes you can can of course say anything you like. You can say you are a leprechaun. Nobody can say, with any credulity, that Trump is wrong, because the measures to prove so are cost prohibitive. Nobody can say, with any credulity, that he is lying, because it is a belief he holds. You are skeptical of that claim... that does not make you right.

14. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Well-Known Member

The Novelty Act's whining about objective assessments that did not take his vivid imaginary people into account was par for the course.

[​IMG]

However, his pleasuring his own ego was exhibited at CIA headquarters, in front of a wall commemorating fallen heroes, before dedicated public servants whom, in one of his hysterical, paranoidal outbursts, he had raved were using "Nazi!" tactics against him. Him! (Of course, he pretended not to have said what he said, rather than apologize in manly fashion.)

Some self-indulgences are better indulged in as concupiscent tweeting in the wee hours in the privacy of the boudoir.

15. Think for myself

Millions of illegals like the president claimed? Please present it, prove I am speaking out of my ass.

16. ChiefSeattle

ChiefSeattle New Member

17. dadoalex

dadoalex Well-Known Member Past Donor

Oh my. Not lies..."Alternative facts."

But, a question...

If the words of the President are not to be believed that what about him is to be believed?

18. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Well-Known Member

In that case, you can easily present documented evidence of the millions allegedly voting and the preferences of their secret ballots.

If you can't, you can still pretend, of course.

19. Genius

Genius Active Member

Trump just chose a cabinet full of people who don't think like him on many issues. Get back to me when the left is as willing to do that.

20. Electron

Electron Well-Known Member Past Donor

Someone needs to tell this jerk he won the election, he's President, it's time to govern the country not recount the votes. Trump has a serious ADD problem.

21. Sage3030

Sage3030 Well-Known Member

Here, let me cut off most of you say to make a point as well:

Do not cut off my full quote again.

You stating that about trump is not factual btw. Did you or anyone count and check out every single vote? No? Then you can't say it's true without being full of it.

BTW:

Non citizen voting more than 20 times-https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdny/pr/cheektowaga-woman-arrested-charged-voter-fraud

Illegal voting:
    A subsequent investigation revealed that Azada allegedly voted nine times in primary, general and consolidated elections between 2003 and 2009. According to the arrest warrant, Azada allegedly falsely claimed to be a U.S. citizen on two Illinois Voter Registration applications.
    https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/illegal-alien-arrested-charged-voter-fraud

guavaball likes this.
  22. ChiefSeattle

ChiefSeattle New Member

They didn't do this the first time when asked, and they won't do it this time. It is a 100% made up fabrication, and they do not care about accurate news or the truth. This is what we will have for the next four years. Brace yourself. Lying is all they know.

23. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

Illegal voters are illegal votes. All that fraud and she still couldn't pull it off.

24. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump is worried about how he will be viewed? Lol! That's the last thing on his mind or he would never have run for president as a Republican. Republican presidents are always associated with Hitler first and the KKK second. It takes a brave person who can take the slings and arrows of the MSM. They're even making horrible remarks about his 10 year old son.

/.

25. Think for myself

Wow. One voter in 2009 was the millions of illegals in 2016? Is that your evidence that Trump is not blatantly lying?