US quietly sent $221M to Palestinians in Obama's last hours

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Pollycy, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Pollycy

Pollycy Well-Known Member

We on the Right have been accused of many things, including hating Obama because he is Black (half-Black, 'mulatto', whatever). Some people who have hated Obama are racists, but the vast majority of those who came to despise Obama did so because of the dirty, underhanded way he lied over and over, and because of doing things exactly like THIS: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...21m-to-palestinians-in-obamas-last-hours.html

Hey, we didn't need TWO HUNDRED TWENTY-ONE MILLION DOLLARS FOR ANYTHING ELSE... RIGHT?! So, right before we would finally be rid of him, Obama allocated this money to what? Detroit's water? Widows of U. S. military personnel killed in wars he promised to stop, but never did? Crumbling roads and bridges that never were fixed with his "stimulus"? A hundred other things right here in the United States of America that desperately needed additional funding?! Oh, HELL, no. Instead, Obama lavished it on a hateful bunch of Islamo-Nazis who had been given their own country, but refuses to live in peace with the very neighbor that GAVE it to them! This spiteful give-away to Israel's determined enemy is just the last in a long series of Obama stabbing Israel in the back!

And the worst part is that, like a cockroach, Obama did this final 'piece of work' in the dark. Silently. Secretly. Like his "midnight visit" to Afghanistan in May 2012, in which he deliberately made commitments to keep the U. S. in Afghanistan until the year 2024: http://www.commondreams.org/news/2012/05/02/obamas-midnight-deal-will-stretch-afghan-war-2024 .

Remember this final act of treachery the next time you come up short trying to pay your bills... after all, you didn't need the money for anything else, did you...?

[​IMG]. "The Muslim call to prayer is one of the prettiest sounds on Earth."

2. SiNNiK

SiNNiK Well-Known Member

I guess someone should call Israel and let them know to expect incoming rockets fairly soon. :(

3. For Topical Use Only

For Topical Use Only Well-Known Member

If only he'd sent them $38 billion in plain sight all this faux cloak and dagger outrage could have been avoided.

4. War is Peace

War is Peace Banned

Obama sending money to our enemies? I'm shocked I tell you............shocked!

5. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

The US has donated $115 billion in foreign aid to Israel since World War II, making it the largest post-war recipient of aid. That compares to $4 billion committed for the Palestinians in the same timeframe.

The money is for very different reasons.

6. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

How dare you throw facts against the accusations of the Obama haters and Trumpeizdas?

7. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

If your Hamas this sounds like missiles to me. Political and security reforms? Good governance and rule of law? LOL

Agency for International Development and is to be used for humanitarian aid in the West Bank and Gaza, to support political and security reforms as well as help prepare for good governance and the rule of law in a future Palestinian state, according to the notification sent to Congress.

8. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

9. goofball

goofball Banned

10. YouLie

YouLie Well-Known Member

No, the appropriation process is what's different. Congress approves the aid to Israel. It's in the budget every year. There's nothing secretive about it.

11. Electron

Electron Well-Known Member Past Donor

President Electron's budget includes no foreign aid.

12. Latherty

Latherty Well-Known Member

From the article cited in the OP:
    "Congress had initially approved the Palestinian funding in budget years 2015 and 2016, but at least two GOP lawmakers — Ed Royce of California, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, and Kay Granger of Texas, who sits on the House Appropriations Committee — had placed holds on it over moves the Palestinian Authority had taken to seek membership in international organizations."

...Doesn't sound too secretive to me... and with the blessing of Congress.

13. Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yay! Palestinians can finally make payment toward that half a billion dollars electricity debt they owe to Israel! Tis is great news indeed!

14. shades

shades Active Member

This does not surprise me. Obama knew his legacy was non existent so he figured he would lay as many booby trap's as possible on the way out he door. His only hope now of any legitimacy is for trump to stumble.

A sad man this Obama guy, a sad sad man

- - - Updated - - -

hey goofy, it's the timing... pay attention or go away, quietly

15. YouLie

YouLie Well-Known Member

You left out the part that says usually the executive doesn't spend the money once the legislative branch, which appropriated it to begin with, places a hold on it. He did it without permission. It's akin to Iran-Contra.

16. gc17

gc17 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Israel is an ally , Palestinians are the enemy and terrorist, there is no good reason to give them anything.

17. Thirty6BelowZero

Thirty6BelowZero Well-Known Member Past Donor

You knew this worthless son of a (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) wasn't going to go out without a bang. Sure he was gonna appear classy on camera even though it took all he had to smile. But in a last effort of destruction, he had to get his last salty "gotcha" in. Reminds me of the time I was 12 and rode a bus home from school. I left dough on the seat of the bus and the driver called my mom and told her about it so my mom drove me to the bus driver's house and made me clean the dough off. As bad as I didn't want to, I had to. So before I left home, I snuck two eggs in my pocket and stuck them in places on that bus that they would never be found. That was my childish, immature way of getting back at doing something I was forced to do. It would appear Obama still possesses the mind of a 12 year old because that's basically what he just did, but on a grander scale.

18. Thirty6BelowZero

Israel is our ally. That's good that they got 115 billion in foreign aid. Palestinians have been bombing them nonstop, they didn't need even $1 dollar.

19. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Banned

LOL, Israel is the devil.

20. Thirty6BelowZero

And that's already a fail... Trump's just on his 4th full day and has done more to help than Obama did in 8 years.

21. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Banned

Alt-Leftist funding terrorist and making excuses for it. It's no different then Obama supplying and supporting ISIS.

How many innocent lives will be destroyed in terror attacks funded by this money? The blood is on the hands of The Obama and his worshipers.

22. Questerr

Questerr Banned

That would be like charging prisoners in prison for their electricity.

- - - Updated - - -

Israel is barely an ally. New Zealand is more of an ally than Israel is.

23. Latherty

Really? I thought it was "secrecy" that was the issue. What's with the timing? Its not an FX issue is it?

24. Latherty

"usually" does not imply that "permission" is required. The "hold" seems to be from two obstructionist individuals, rather than the "legislative branch". Its nothing like Iran Contra

25. therooster

therooster Banned

Not only a supporter, probably a member of the Muslim Brotherhood. Thanks Democrats!