Relationships

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by bricklayer, Jan 24, 2017.

1. bricklayer

bricklayer Well-Known Member Past Donor

In relationships between equals, one's responsibility for oneself extends from one's authority over oneself. These are "free-will" relationships. free-will relationships can only occur between equals. However, in relationships between sovereigns and subjects, such as between a creator and a creature or between an author and a character, the subject's responsibility for them self extends from the sovereign's authority over them.

It is almost impossible for a sovereign to be "fair" with a subject. The only way a sovereign can be "fair" with a subject is if the sovereign, like an author, writes them self into their novel work. An author can write herself into her novel work, as herself, and her character will be no less a character than any of the other characters except that it will not be novel. The author is no less the author because she has written herself into her novel work. In deed, the only injustice she could possibly commit, if her intent is to reveal her nature, would be to misrepresent herself in her own character or to misrepresent herself in her over all novel work. It is not "fair" that she authors her cast of characters, but neither is it unjust.

No matter what you think of God, or what you think of yourself, God is more and you are less.

2. sdelsolray

sdelsolray Well-Known Member

Stockholm Syndrome.

3. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

Wow.

What a load of crap.

AA

4. bricklayer

Power, any type of power: electric power, political power, economic power, absolutely any type of power is the same thing. Power is the ability to affect change. People who feel powerless to change the things in their lives that they want to change are akin to one falling from a tree grasping at any branch on the way down. People who feel powerless will grasp at any opportunity to change another's mood, or impede them, or otherwise affect change upon them. They don't do it out of malice for the object of their derision. They do it because they feel powerless to change the things in their lives that they want to change.

On the other hand, I have everything I want and I want everything I have. I'm done earning money. I'm done building my resume. There comes a point in life when a man stops building his resume and starts working on his eulogy. I sincerely hope that your life fills with better things than logging on to the internet to, as the kids say these days, troll.

This will most likely seem like a strange idea at first, but have you considered giving? It works! Whatever you want... If you're lonely, go visit someone who's lonely. No matter what you need, really need, give it and in giving you will receive.

No hard feelings. I'd really would like to read your argument. Go ahead, pick it apart. I am willing to entertain ideas with which I do not agree, and I am able to agree, or disagree, with ideas rather than people.

5. AboveAlpha

I will explain why I believe this is crap.

Not everyone is like this.

I am an extremely well educated, wealthy and I guess you could say powerful man be it monetarily, mentally, intellectually, physically and influentially.

I am lucky as I was born with a number of Genetic Gifts that allowed me to become like this but still I NEVER am so petty as to use these gifts to subjugate those without such gifts.....unless I am doing a JOB with my Team overseas.

You state that...."free-will relationships can only occur between equals."

Well the fact is that is not always so.

I am more than able to acquiesce any advantage I might have out of respect for my fellow human beings.

The fact is the so called Powerless are actually not as all it takes is organization and leadership.

In my time I have helped bring down governments, agencies, corporations and those supposed Powerful were always brought down when a few good people decided to help the so called Powerless.

In reality power is illusory as we all have it coming.

It's just a matter of time.

AA

6. bricklayer

Dear AA

Odd, what with all of your accomplishments, that you failed to accurately infer what I implied in my OP. You fail to notice, or perhaps simply did not recognize the significance of, the fact that I referred to how the objects of the subject "feel" about how powerful they are. I agree with your observations; however, they are not germane to the topic at hand.

Please, reread the OP. I would like to read your opinion on what I'm actually saying.

7. Imnotreallyhere

Imnotreallyhere Well-Known Member Donor

[sarcasm font]As always, modest to a fault.[/sarcasm font] Also as dishonest as ever.

Maybe on your Xbox in your mother's basement.

Acquiesce means accept reluctantly without protest. I assume that here you mean you will give up the advantages you claim. (But do not actually have, as your misuse of words here tends to disprove your intellectual claims). In giving up your advantages you become equal to others.

Bringing down gov'ts etc. on your video game console doesn't count.

In reality power is real as we all see each and every day. If you don't believe in the reality of power, try breaking a law. Make no effort to hide your crime. Demonstrate your contempt for the power of the legal system at every turn. See what happens. Stupid platitudes like this demonstrate your immaturity and lack of thought.

8. AboveAlpha

Oh I read it.

You posted...."It is almost impossible for a sovereign to be "fair" with a subject."

Now the word sovereign can refer to many things but in this case I believe you are referring to those with power.

I have power.

But just because I do does not mean I don't do my best not to deal fairly.

I find that those who SEEK POWER are flawed. The fact they have this needs means they are compensating for something.

I have never sought power as it was thrust upon me.....so I do my best to respect the position I am in.

AA

9. AboveAlpha

Are you still here??

I thought the membership had embarrassed you enough?

LOL!!

AA

10. atheiststories

atheiststories Active Member

See, how come you can do this, but when I start saying stuff like, "why did god allow a bunch of people to die in the natural disaster?" I am told that I could never understand god's will?

11. sdelsolray

sdelsolray Well-Known Member

Because Bricklayer has special access to special secrets that only special theists have, at least according to Bricklayer.

12. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yea but I hear you throw like a girl

13. AboveAlpha

LOL!!!

I used to be a Pitcher....a Quarterback....Captain of the Tennis Team.....and I also was a Goalie and a Goal Tender.

Some of these sports would cross over each other but as I did not have to start every game as a Pitcher my manager let me go when I was not pitching.

My Football Coach and my Soccer Coach...well that was another thing as they absolutely HATED each other!! LOL!!!

One would say.....with a Portuguese accent....."Why you wanto play dat game der? Dat izzz not Futbol!!?"

The other would say....."WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!??? WHY DO YOU WANT TO PLAY THAT GIRLS GAME???"

LOL!!!

AA

14. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

One near death experiencer stated that there are 14 Elohim,
    seven male and seven female.....
    These are the beings who made Adam and Eve in their image......
    (there were lots of humanoid creatures on earth before Adam and Eve....
    but we blew the earth and much of the universe up before Genesis 1:1 and 1:2

.. but anyway..... the original Creators are very fair....
    because all of us volunteered to incarnate down into four dimensional
    space time....... again and again and again and again....
    as many times as the period of time during our lives is replicated....
    as a new Multiverse / alternate time line is spun off.....

All seven billion people on earth at this time has one of these Elohim....
    at the core of their being...... An Elohim is their 'Over Soul" as Mellen Benedict termed it....

http://www.near-death.com/science/research/pre-existence.html#a02

One of the reasons why we volunteer to come down here is boredom.....
    another one is to learn how to help others by learning more empathy and compassion
    by screwing up in entirely new ways......

I think that Christian Andreason met his Elohim / Over Soul
    within during his NDE.....

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...an-andreason-he-onto-something-important.html

15. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

P. M. H. Atwater had three near death experiences back during the 1970's
    She got good at the out of the body state and went to the scene of
    the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack.....
    What she describes is actually pretty encouraging.....
    and shows that some sort of plan is being worked out.....
    that will eventually make sense.

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...souls-those-who-died-september-11-2001-a.html

What happened to the souls of those who died on September 11, 2001?

16. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Nope. There is no, "yourself" separate from God. The material universe flows from God, and fragments of its consciousness is embedded into matter, or matter resonates with it. In higher life this manifests as self awareness, or consciousness is aware of consciousness. There is no you other than this fragment of consciousness which is God. So I am pretty (*)(*)(*)(*)ing great. Or as the Upanishads say, Tat vsam asi. Thou art That.

A much more sane way to look at this question. Non duality is nice. Duality is division and division is conflict. No conflict at the Ultimate.

17. AboveAlpha

And you know this....HOW exactly?

This is but your OPINION!!

You cannot even prove a GOD or GODS exist!! LOL!!!

AA

18. atheiststories

Souls are not real

19. bricklayer

God does not merely "allow" anything. Indeed, God can no more "allow" His creatures to do something than an author can "allow" his characters to do something other than exactly what the author authored them to do.

20. ibshambat

ibshambat Banned

Not even Stalin?

Duality does not have to be division or conflict. In good marriages there is duality but no conflict.

21. atheiststories

Such a terrible counter argument.

22. Imnotreallyhere

The deflection here is transparent. Once again, nothing substantive to say. Your claims to be a scientific, military, financial, and musical genius make me suspicious. Are you Donald Trump?

DennisTate likes this.
  23. Imnotreallyhere

Now a genius athlete too. I'd be impressed if I believed you. As it is, I'm kinda embarrassed for you. It's almost like there's toilet paper on your shoe and not only do you not see it, but you keep adding more. Don't you see how implausible your statements are to anyone paying attention to you?

24. Sushisnake

Sushisnake Active Member

Isn't there some doctrine about bad things have to happen or good things can't? Like, if the baby didn't die, the family wouldn't have discovered the loving support of their community and their son would never have been at the local talent show and discovered by Keith Urban. It was all according to God's Plan ( and his ledger. He has a balance sheet. Is it just me thinking "trick or treat"?)

25. atheiststories

Lmao no