Record debts under Liberals/Nationals, soon to hit 500 billion !!!

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by m2catter, Jan 30, 2017.

1. m2catter

m2catter Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I am really wondering why no one is talking about it, our record debt under the Abbott/Turnbull government.
    Not that Labor didn't rep up any, but to double it in such a short time, and given all the self credo from Abbott and Turnbull?

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...tles-towards-500-billion-20170128-gu0iin.html

What could be done? Tweaking a couple of % here and there, is that Morrison's answer?
    Regards

2. LeftRightLeft

LeftRightLeft Well-Known Member

Because we are too busy worrying about all their other blunders, what a nothing government

3. garry17

garry17 Well-Known Member

Might I point out the projected debt was to be 600B+??? So reducing the projected debt is actually good. Unfortunately, I cannot give kudos to Morrison for the actions taken that reduce the trajectory debt were done under Abbott. Turnbull has been considerably weak on economic issues but that too is not a problem as long as he does not spend.

But, as this is simply a thread to hate, I have said my piece; I won’t even bother with the other one...

4. m2catter

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Some people I don't get, why would you comment and in the same token state that this is a thread to hate? Very strange....
    Tata

5. truthvigilante

truthvigilante Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'll say it again...it is more and more evident that the coalition are not the economic managers everyone was hoodwinked to believe. It highlights how mislead the people were regarding the Howard era!

The article clearly states for what it is worth that under Labor the annual increase was 36bn, while under coalition it is 60bn. Some nincompoop stated that the coalition had to slow the big economic ship down gradually but that there big ship has gathered phenomenal speed. No excuses for these clowns, they've been in power now for 5 years. Labor arent riding this wave like so many other coalition furphies started by none other than honest John! Surely the writing is on the wall regarding this current mob and their modus operandi.

Sadly nothing is being done, there is no real growth, vision or planning....just sit on your hands and do nothing politics. Yeah, tell lies and repeat it often until everyone believes it! People are too stupid to see what these fools are doing to the country and then you have Hanson who contradicts herself shamelessly but again people are seeing the world and country through petty emotional minds. I hope Hanson gets in to be honest because unfortunately we deserve her as PM!

6. garry17

Simply stating the obvious. The heading states it all. The bigotry of blame for a debt created through greed. Attempt to blame for a fiction of how the debt issue is actually travelling... Nothing but hate...

Misleading and fabricating confected outrage over the debt situation because it simply sounds good to the hateful...

My comment simply demonstrates the hate is driving force of the thread and should anybody wish to oppose expect irrational thought and simple insult will be the result...

Given all the responses that could have been made, this is what was made. Could have ignore, could have addressed the premise of the thread, no simply drew attention to the statement about the hateful aspect of the comment and feigned being mystified. Just expected…

After all, if you start with hate, fabrication and ignorance no decent discussion can be had… Again simply stating the obvious…

7. truthvigilante

Is there a rock somewhere you could find....seriously! Go somewhere else if you don't like the discussion. This isn't a Garry forum FFS!

8. garry17

Oh dear, I am guessing the point has just hit home...

9. truthvigilante

Judging by this response I hope it is hitting home for you. Just comment ffs if you want to comment but just cut out your garbage.

10. garry17

As we see, when people post with hate and venom all you attract is people of the same ilk. I continue to point out that no decent discussion can be had with people who start with hate, fabrication and ignorance. Eventually the point will hit home...

11. truthvigilante

Go away with yourself and grow up buddy. Don't comment, it's that simple. We or I will comment how I/we like and if you don't like it then bad luck for you. By the way go and tell billy goat your problems. He probably won't want you butting in there, he has found his own little world of relevance that makes him as happy as a pig in mud. He is happy and that's all that matters lol!

12. truthvigilante

Getting back to the thread. I think you'll find that Morrison and Turnbull will have to start looking at cuts but you know where they'll come from? Pensioners, the disabled, health sector and education. Yep, won't bite the bullet on negative gearing and super. We will be heading for a serious recession shortly and you know who they'll blame.......of course they will blame labor and everyone who are stuck ons will be convinced it's the red teams fault!

13. garry17

Oh the Irony...

I do believe it is YOU who is trying to stop rebut of comment made by another to another, If you don’t like, it why interject??? But then as all can see commenced with hate and attempt at insult all from the first comment. I also do believe it is you who attempts to insult as many as you can, to placate that hatred and self-loathing I would assume. If you don’t like why interject your own form of hatred to protect the hatred of others??? Oh the irony…

Again no decent discussion can be had with people who start with hate, fabrication and ignorance. Eventually the point will hit home...

14. truthvigilante

I care about freedom of speech on this site, not someone else's pedantic and eccentric thoughts on how discussion is had. Go and look in the mirror and stop pretending with your nonsense personna. Also toughen up princess and take it on the chin. We are all passionate about the cause we stand for in this rough and tumble game of political discourse.

15. garry17

More Irony...

For somebody who cares about freedom of speech, previous posts made must be fabrication of the worlds, as they cannot be comments intent on shutting down others comments. No, perhaps you wish to attempt to say your account was hacked??? No, maybe something else???

As we see, when you start with hate, fabrication and ignorance demonstrations such as these attempts to insult others they disagree with... The irony and the lies float to the surface like the effluent often forth coming from hateful people...

16. truthvigilante

You got it all wrong! You say what you want but don't expect someone to be all comforting and nice if they disagree. It's simple. I don't give a rats if someone throws insults at me, it's part and parcel of a robust discussion. Get over it and move on. If you don't like the direction of a thread then don't comment. Go and make your own. Your shenanigans drives people up the wall to be honest!

17. m2catter

Yeap,
    I think you are right, however all the savings won't create a new and lasting direction.
    What have we got except for mining? Which are our products, being highly sought after? In which fields are we competitive, leading?
    I think we are even loosing out in tourism lately, at least our corner has declining visitors to mention...
    Regards

18. LeftRightLeft

Is that the Southwestern Corner?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh there is an actual thread going here is there?

19. garry17

I have it wrong??? It was you who claimed to be for free speech while attempting to close down somebody else’s comments. I think you have it wrong.

For example, it is obvious you don’t care if people toss insults at you, because you consider politics is your place to simply insult anybody you dislike. I would say disagree but the truth is your bigotry has you insulting everybody except your nearest Troll friends.

Robust debate, discussion or whatever you want to say is not simply a disguise for saying Trolling. IT is not a guise to say if you don’t agree then you can shut comments from others down because YOU don’t like it, as with your interjection in this case.
    And what was that about free speech.
    Apparently only when you approve of such… I see the usual detractors are there.

Clearly, you missed many points, here be one very important one. When you attempt to close down debate such as the way you have chosen here, how do you suggest to say, you care about free speech???
    Again the irony speaks volumes.

20. LeftRightLeft

Oh thank God, I was beginning to think this thread was about Record debts under Liberals/Nationals, soon to hit 500 billion

21. truthvigilante

It's an open forum for all to respond and comment. If you want to have a private conversation then message whoever it is you want to speak with without interjection through private messages. I think you are quite delusional to think you can set the tone for how issues are discussed or debated.

And no, if you make what I think is an outrageous comment be it marlarkey, glib, duplicity etc. I want to let you know. Other posters may think the same of me but I know that they are wrong :O. It isn't about closing down someone else's comments, it's about pressuring posters to be honest about their commentary. So just comment buddy and stop being foolishly controlling, it just doesn't cut it here if you haven't already noticed. Just post and shut up with your carry on.

22. garry17

Then WHY are you trying to shut down my comments??? Oh wait, I see, It isn't about closing down someone else's comments if you agree. if you don't then it is open slather. Insulting, creating animosity is just robust debate that is about making people HONEST. I love the way trolls justify their activities of trying to shut down anything they don't agree with...

Who are you to decide what is honest and what is not??? Oh wait, I keep forgetting, your right because you say so...

You have interjected and demanded another poster STOP commenting, that is trying to shut down other posters no matter how you justify it to yourself. You have decided that when somebody displays ignorance to the comments imposed it will be YOU who judges the intent and clarification of others while trying to shut down comment,

Accordingly, YOUR display shows direct contrast to your claim of accepting free speech. It is clear you do not…

23. truthvigilante

Give up! You were arguing about the manner of discussion and not the content. You're the one that attempts (I mean attempts) to shut down people's commentary through your endless whinging about menial things. I like many others have lost patience with your foolishness and if you aren't getting the message there is certainly something missing. (Yeah I had to say it because it's being honest). I've got nothing more to say on this issue. I think it's pretty clear.

24. garry17

Give up what???

So when you said,
    and
    and
    That is ME trying to shut down comment... I do believe the world can see your lie.

Obviously, your continued attempts to troll the forum is being noticed and your now trying to justify your hatred by attacking others. Poor you, it turns out the world see a different world than your picture you try to paint...

25. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

Oh don't worry, the world can certainly see who that is.....

Both you and m2 know perfectly well you both are spouting distorted views to present some fake version of reality. This very point has been explained to m2 by myself at least once. So either its a case of dementia or fake populism... but that is the standard modus operandi for the political left - as is attacking personally anyone who disagrees. At least remember to act surprised - you don't want to appear rote, it undermines the credibility of your charade.