Trump is tearing our country apart

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Sandy Shanks, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Sandy Shanks

Sandy Shanks Banned

We were a divided nation before Trump became President. Because of his impetuousness, because of his lack of patience, and because of his inherent narcissism which causes a ravenous desire to be front and center of media cameras, Trump is exacerbating the divide rather than healing it. In point of fact, with the approval of his cheering and adoring fans, he is making no attempt to heal the division while loving all the attention he is getting ... even if it's negative.

And it is, indeed, negative. On Friday he signed executive orders that indefinitely banned refugees from war torn Syria, placing that burden on poorer countries. The order also barred entry to the U.S. from seven Muslim countries for 90 days. He plans to add other Muslim states. He suspended the refugee program for four months. Proving that he lives in a world all his own he said that chaos created in our airports was caused by Delta Airlines and only 109 people were involved. Spicer actually told that to a room full of savvy reporters. Fortunately, reporters are paid a lot of money not to laugh at Presidential press secretaries.

As a consequence of his orders, chaos ensued in airports across the country, and protesters entered the frey. Thousands upon thousands are protesting on the streets of American cities and cities around the globe. Four federal judges issued injunctions against Trump's orders. Two state attorney generals have sued Trump. Trump fired the acting attorney general. Prominent members of his party have voiced opposition to Trump's orders. They include Senators McConnell, Graham, McCain, and House speaker Paul Ryan. It goes without saying Democrats in Congress were in rebellion over the orders, and one Senator wept in dismay. Another Senator already has proposed legislation to stop the executive orders. The leaders of the U.K., France, and Germany have condemned the attack. A petition to cancel Trump's visit to the U.K. has gotten over one million signatures, and the issue will be discussed in parliament. All this has transpired in four days, imagine that, four days!

Trump's own government is deserting him. Along with the acting attorney general who felt the orders were unconstitutional, which they were, and she was fired, Senator Sessions, Trump's pick to be his attorney general, in testimony before a Senate committee, denied any role in the executive orders. Spicer told state department people, “They should either get with the program or they can go.”

The people detained and handcuffed, which included seniors and children, and others, including refugees, who were denied travel to the U.S. were in compliance with the law, Trump is in violation of our Constitution and our laws. Trump is giving signs of paranoia. He is afraid of Muslims and wishes to punish thousands of innocents because of his paranoia.

Instead of saving us Americans from some ethereal terrorist threat, Trump made the threat worse. Al Qaeda, ISIS, and other Jihadi groups are thrilled with Trump’s executive order on immigration targeting Muslim countries, describing it as proof that the US is at war with Islam. They are referring to his orders as the "blessed Muslim ban." Many Americans fear that he has presented our enemy with a powerful recruiting tool.

WE ARE AMERICANS. WE ARE NOT AFRAID OF THESE PEOPLE. WE WELCOME THEM. WE DO NOT LIVE IN FEAR.

HereWeGoAgain and Sushisnake like this.
  2. Maxwell

Maxwell Banned

So angry muslims will proove they're a religion of peace by joining terrorist groups to kill Americans?

3. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

The left didn't care when Obama divided the country. But now they're concerned about Trump dividing the country?

Sorry, it's too late. I don't care if Trump divides us like it's 1860.

TrackerSam and Smartmouthwoman like this.
  4. ImNotOliver

ImNotOliver Well-Known Member

And just think, Donald the Turd is just warming up. When I was a kid my dad regularly listened to radio stations that thrived on conspiracy theories - UFOs, the illuminati, Jews, the Trilateral commision and the like. <Mod Edit>

5. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

Word. Ever since he called his opponent's supporters "Deplorables" it was clear there would be no healing....oh wait....

Smartmouthwoman likes this.
  6. Borat

Borat Banned

Is he? 2 years of smear during the campaign, more smear, ugly violent protests, "he is not my president", stupid recounts, disgusting harassment of electors, slanderous attempts to paint his presidency as illegitimate.. all that before he even set foot in the oval office was not tearing our country apart. But him delivering on his campaign promises that got him a landslide electoral victory is? Who do you think you're kidding?

TrackerSam likes this.
  7. Wrathful_Buddha

Wrathful_Buddha Well-Known Member

I can tell you're a "glass half empty" kind of guy . Relax, everything will be fine.

8. ImNotOliver

How was it that Obama divided the country? By being half black? The greatest divide in tbe country has come from the right wing mis-information sources making Republican voters incredibly mis-informed. <Rule 3>

9. Sam Bellamy

Sam Bellamy Well-Known Member

He's got a long ways to go if he's going to catch up to Obama.

10. logical1

logical1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

No it is the butt hurt democrats in Congress that still hasnt got over the fact that they didnt get the president they wanted, that is tearing the country apart. It is time they sucked it up and got on with the business of the country.

11. Borat

Borat Banned

Yep, who would have thought he could pull it off but he actually did, the country is way more divided today than it was in 2008.... I suppose 10 years of his, his surrogates, his party's endless race baiting, smear, PC insanity, "if you disagree with Obama you're an ignorant racist" slander bore the predictable fruit.

RedStater likes this.
  12. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

No, the corporate propaganda outlets of the globalist super rich are. They are largely successful because the educational system has been teaching student to hate the United States and glorified malcontents and anarchists as enlightened heroes. The media controls those drones. They literally have people protesting that M.I.T. denying 12,000 Americans enrollment on behalf of Iranians - most who leave and are the basis for Iranian's missile and nuclear weapons programs - even just delaying it for 90 days.

Most universities brag how many slots they deny to Americans on behalf of non-Americans - calling it "diversity."Diversity used to mean minorities. Now it means denying admission to Americans for non-Americans. Rich non-Americans to be specific.

13. slackercruster

slackercruster Banned

Well spoke recount of the facts more or less Sandy. But facts don't always tell the whole picture. Maybe you do not live in fear, but believe me I am Islamaphoic - I want to keep my head Sandy....

https://www.google.com/search?q=isl...ved=0ahUKEwihlPOT2u3RAhWCyyYKHQQsD5cQ_AUICigD

Now Sandy, the delusional dems that think they know everything under sun are under the most danger. For they have no guns to try and protect themselves or their family. One day when Sharia law comes to CA, that seceded from the USA, you will find out about the importance of guns and of the concept of keeping aware of dangerous threats. I'm really surprised that as an ex-marine you don't know this Sandy.

You see Sandy, the Muslims start training kids to kill the infidels at an early age. They are in training as you read this to behead and kill you and your family Sandy.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=....0j35i39k1j0i67k1j0i8i30k1j0i24k1.1h_xNfQMZ1Q

After they kill you Sandy, they will take you wife and any female children as sex slaves. They will rape and beat your family like dogs. If they don't put on a burka there will be harsh penalties Sandy...

https://www.google.com/search?safe=...0....0...1c.1.64.img..7.5.730...0.GxKgIuyA3ZE

Sandy, this is still a free country and you can do as you like, But if I was you, I would take the fact that you are an ex-marine off your profile. Have you forgot your motto?? You are a disgrace to the service Sandy.

therooster likes this.
  14. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

The left is all about division with identity politics dividing the nation into special interest groups.

15. ImNotOliver

It is the right-wing mis-information that is causing most of the division. It occurs to me that most conservatives hate me for reasons that have nothing in common with reality. I hate them for lacking the intelligence to see through the crap that they are fed.

16. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

The left is evolving to the Corporate fascist pro-war anarchy party.

17. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

This group certainly made history. Never before have we seen banana republic behavior from the democrats in DC, and antidemocratic behavior from the democratic voters, fired up by propaganda, pissing all over our election, in their anarchy. That their are more americans that like what trump is doing and stand for he has haters means nothing to these people. They believe the minority should rule and to hell with the majority. This convicts them of a against out form of gov't. They want to shove their beliefs down your throat, even after losing a huge election where America was fed up with their ways of doing things. Where do that guys get off? They reveal the base side of human nature and seem to wallow in it, gratified by its vulgarity. This Dark Side, no doubt.

Smartmouthwoman likes this.
  18. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Well-Known Member Past Donor

Soon enough the Trump presidency and its illegal behaviors will implode and the United States will redefine itself.

Regards,

Jason Bourne

19. Borat

Borat Banned

Dude, I gave you undeniable facts, you response was platitudes and insults. But you're informed and your opponents are "lacking the intelligence", let alone racists and misogynists. What's new.

20. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

He has the gall to say after 8 years of the most nation dividing president we have ever seen.
    Too funny. How about we make the separation complete and you guys form your own nation? We dont need you and you dont need us so whats the holdup? You can even have california and every leftist actor you can find.

TrackerSam likes this.
  21. Hedgology

Hedgology Well-Known Member

I don't remember Bush's DHS labeling his opposition a domestic terrorist group, even when they had justification for doing so.

Obama was not the uniter he was made out to be.

22. Genius

Genius Active Member

and I think it's awesome! Those leftie protesters are not americans in spirit anyway.

23. ImNotOliver

The vast majority of Americans lack the intelligence to get into MIT. In any case they are a private institution and have no obligation to educate Americans rather than non-Americans.

I am of the opinion that colleges, at least the better ones should be difficult to get into and thrive. That is what gives a college education value. To allow admittance to any other than the the best, regardless of national origin, is to delute the institution's reputation.

24. Mircea

Mircea Well-Known Member

Can you show us how that violates the Constitution?

Why are you opposed to better vetting processes?

25. thinkitout

thinkitout Well-Known Member

We were already aware that Trump's reign would be characterized as "my way or the highway" long before the "Coronation".

I will "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN". . . .(You may not trust me, but you WILL obey me!!)