A Time to Kill

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by bricklayer, Feb 1, 2017.

1. bricklayer

bricklayer Well-Known Member Past Donor

There is a time to kill. The questions then become: Who kills whom? When? and Why?

On one hand, it seems that innocent unborn babies are not the right people to kill. On the other hand, if not for Roe V. Wade, there would now be another fifty five million people in the U.S. all raised by mothers who would have just as soon killed them had it been legal. So, perhaps abortion does kill the right people.

I once talked someone out of an abortion. Then, I stepped up and raised the child myself. In my opinion, if one is going to talk another out of having an abortion, that one better be prepared to step up and raise that child them self.

The fact is that we are all born sociopaths. Empathy, and the like, must be learned from example. Unloved babies become the most dangerous people in the world.

AlifQadr likes this.
  2. RiaRaeb

RiaRaeb Well-Known Member Past Donor

The time to kill is when some stuck up busybody goes sticking their nose in another's business because they want power over others. So get on with your own life and stop pretending you know (*)(*)(*)(*) all should be everyone's motto.

3. Pork_Butt

Pork_Butt Active Member

My goodness!

4. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

I like how Pro Life people try to tell me the baby and the mother are separate, and not one entity, when they are one entity. That baby would not be kicking, or moving about, or developing without the mother. Read my cyber lips. Without the mother. We should be more concerned about killing our own in war, over "killing" the supposed unborn, who until they take their own breath of life, are simply a extension of the mother.

VietVet likes this.
  5. Maccabee

Maccabee Well-Known Member

Without human care that baby after its born wont survive either. You can't argue against science as even they agree that the unborn child is a separate entity.

The Mandela Effect likes this.
  6. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

It eventually comes down to this. Do you want this child to suffer or not, being an accidental life brought into the world? Most people would say no, so abortion prevents this suffering.

7. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

bricklayer wrote: I once talked someone out of an abortion. Then, I stepped up and raised the child myself. In my opinion, if one is going to talk another out of having an abortion, that one better be prepared to step up and raise that child them self. Unloved babies become the most dangerous people in the world.

An excellent point.
    :cool:

Sallyally likes this.
  8. bricklayer

You are right. If those who monger wars were as willing to get as up close and personal with the actual killing, wars would get the same level of respect that abortion now enjoys.

9. Maccabee

Maccabee Well-Known Member

So all those suffering now should die?

10. Thehumankind

Thehumankind Well-Known Member

Sometimes I could say right is an illusion,
    prospering your right and trample another right is not really rightful,
    Only the law of the land and those behind it give it some form.

11. For Topical Use Only

For Topical Use Only Well-Known Member

Once the armed citizenry have been manipulated enough to start shooting anyone who dares get in the way of their manipulators, that's when the killing begins.

XploreR likes this.
  12. LiveUninhibited

LiveUninhibited Well-Known Member

Fortunately it's simpler than that, at least for abortions before ~21 weeks. They're not people because they have never achieved consciousness. When they lack any kind of mental existence, it is insane to equate that to a person.

13. bricklayer

A person is a being with intellect, emotion and volition. Babies are human long before they are persons.
    Murder is not the unjust killing of a person; it is the unjust killing of a human being. Unborn babies are human from conception.
    At no point is a baby non-human. From a the earliest point in development, those cells are distinctly human.

AlifQadr and ChemEngineer like this.
  14. Pycckia

Pycckia Well-Known Member

So it is OK to kill someone when they are deep asleep and lack any kind of mental existence?

AlifQadr likes this.
  15. LiveUninhibited

LiveUninhibited Well-Known Member

Well cancers that arise in humans are "human" too but we don't even think about giving them rights because they do not have an independent consciousness. The abortion issue is confusing to pro lifers because a fetus resembles a baby and they do not have a basic understanding of brain development. No, a fetus without any kind of consciousness is not a being at all and thus deserves no rights.

16. bricklayer

Cancer cells are cells that fail to become human. They copy errors.

The Mandela Effect likes this.
  17. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

A BORN human can be taken care of by anyone.... an UNBORN fetus may be a separate "ENTITY" but that doesn't make it a person

with the right to use another person's body to sustain it's life....

if you think it's "separate" then have one taken out and put on a shelf to grow and develop on it's own...go ahead, do it!

OKgrannie likes this.
  18. Thingamabob

Thingamabob Well-Known Member Past Donor

1). Did someone talk you out of having sex?
    2). Are you a gay man?
    3). Are you impotent?
    4). Is your wife sterile?
    5). Is there no woman in your life?

Please excuse my nosiness. Naturally I do not expect you to answer any of those questions and it's none of my business anyway. But I have a strong feeling that the story you've just told us has a whole lot of gaps in it that you don't want to tell us.

19. bricklayer

1). yes, twice, many years ago
    2). no
    3). no
    4). We have six daughters and one son. We also raise the now young man I mentioned above.
    5). My wife Denise, my six daughters and my eight sisters fill my life with strong women.

The young man I mentioned is now seventeen. He is a in the tenth grade. Three of his five classes are on-line college courses. He is on par to have an associates degree by the time he graduates from high school. He is on the Ac.-Dec. team and student counsel. He takes jiu-jitsu and maintains a rather profitable little business buying and selling fancy tennis shoes. He is a well balanced young man. He is a good man. All of our daughters and our son are as well accomplished.

We raised them to understand that the vast majority of people have no will to employ themselves let alone others and that they had a social responsibility to employ them. We reminded them often that others were just as intelligent and capable as they are but that others simply are not willing to do what they must do to employ themselves. We raised them to be leaders.

20. FoxHastings

Yes, a fetus is human from the moment of conception in a human. However , it is not legally a person.

Murder is the killing of a person.

Now, IF a fetus is deemed a "person" with rights, it also has the same RESTRICTIONS any other person has, it cannot use another person's body to sustain it's life. You can't, I can't, no one legally can.

So be careful what you ask for.

21. Fedor50

Fedor50 New Member

Whether someone chooses to adopt a baby or not does not change the fact that an unborn is a human being and human beings in this country have the right to live. Your argument FAILS.

AlifQadr likes this.
  22. FoxHastings

The unborn are human beings but they are not persons, they have no rights until they are born.

I do agree that ""human beings in this country have the right to live.""'.......even women.

23. Thingamabob

In that case, I highly compliment you!

[​IMG]

24. FoxHastings

That's fine but what about all the other thousands of kids who don't get adopted?

Some kids actually "age out" of the system without a pro-"LIFER" adopting them.

And going through a pregnancy and giving up a baby for adoption isn't as easy peasy as some people think.

25. Thingamabob

I've never adopted a child so I cannot answer that question.

That's not my fault.

How would you know that?

Look, I have travelled overland through some extremely poor places across continents such as Asia and Africa. When you've seen as many destitute people as I have you get to understand that as an individual there's nothing you can do about it. I can give you instances when I've taken the high & mighty moral ground but it didn't help and it doesn't mean shyt. Such problems need to be dealt with on a governmental level. If politicians are not stepping up to the plate for their respective population then you either have to suck it up or revolt.

My country doesn't have this problem. Why do you think that is? That's a rhetorical question, the answer is obvious.