Milo Yiannopoulos - I Hope this is of Concern to Christians

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Media_Truth, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Media_Truth

Media_Truth Well-Known Member

Looks like Christians are getting more than they bargained for, with Trump. This is the gentleman (and I use the term extremely loosely) who was scheduled to speak at UCal - Berkeley. Trump felt it important to interrupt his presidential day by lambasting UCal for this speaker.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...=90a3f4362fce0e2345fd3e41a1d2e3fa&action=view

BTW, Milo was a writer for Breitbart News. Trumps campaign Manager, and right-hand man, Steve Bannon was the founder of Breitbart, the most bigoted name in news in the US. Yiannopoulos is a very popular campus speaker, handsome and intelligent, who is brought onto campuses by the Young Republican student groups. I would ask Christians, if they want this individual influencing their daughter or son?

2. Maxwell

Maxwell Banned

The point is not whether we agree with him or not. The point is his right to speak freely on a college campus.

3. DPMartin

DPMartin Active Member

absolutely correct, these so called freedom people don't like people who use politics or media and the like to speak against what they may believe, but yet the same Christian oriented society they constantly accuse, are the ones that let and protect their right to speak freely against them and Christian precepts, as the OP has just done.

oh yea not only is Hillary Clinton not your President, she's not anybody's president.

4. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

I should hope that, as he pointed out, people should look at multiple sources and make up their own minds about their values are....and BTW anyone who condemns him has, in fact, been influenced by him. You don't have to agree with someone to be influenced by them. In fact, people you passionately disagree with likely influence you more than the people you 100% agree with.

5. Media_Truth

I get that, and so does the chancellor a UCal-Berkeley. Here's his statement:

http://news.berkeley.edu/2017/01/26...7/01/26/chancellor-statement-on-yiannopoulos/

I asked 2 questions:
    1. Aren't my fellow Christians horrified by the message of this popular and charismatic speaker? This is disgusting propaganda, similar to that which led to Nazism in Germany.
    2. Why does Trump make this so important to his agenda, that he wants to harp on it. Could it be that he wouldn't have won the presidency without the "hate" voting bloc? And thus he is indebted to Milo, Bannon, Breitbart, and FOX?

- - - Updated - - -

So are you a Christian? Do you agree with Milo's message? His lifestyle? The way he conducts himself on stage?

6. Media_Truth

I certainly agree with this. I believe this man especially appeals to young college-aged women. He's handsome, intelligent, and articulate; and many of them will overlook the fact that he's a hateful bigot.

7. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

Having a British accent probably doesn't hurt him.

8. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Breitbart not agreeing with the progressive left's agenda is the only thing that makes it bigoted. Not unlike the bigoted MSM.

9. Media_Truth

Everything about Breitbart is bigoted and biased, starting with the way they construe their opponents on their website, with either B&W photos to hazy/shady photos. Their Conservatives are always pictured in vivid, living color. What a crock. They're even worse than FOX News, and the perverts, O'Reilly and Ayles, and their sexual harassment cases.

10. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Like the MSM. Check.

11. Maxwell

Maxwell Banned

Everyone is a bigot. It's the latest cuss word used when someone disagrees with you. It's the pull card for the ignorant masses with limited intellect and vocabulary that have been nurtured in the government indoctrination centers, popularly known as public education.

12. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

He would be a better influence than the criminals who rioted and destroyed the property of others outside of where he was to appear to exercise his right to free speech.

Those Christians you speak of, unlike the faux modern liberals, do not want muslims to throw gays like Milo off of tall buildings for (*)(*)(*)(*)s and giggles. The hatred of the left is so great they would side with the muslims when it comes to gays, if the gay to be killed was Milo. That is how evil these faux liberals are. I would think Milo is no where near the evil his haters are. So he would be more acceptable to Christians.

You know the faux liberals have gotten too extreme, too crazy, too irrational when gay people become conservatives.

13. Media_Truth

Strange - I haven't heard any liberals talk about throwing Milo off a building. But maybe that's what you're advocating?

14. Media_Truth

I would classify Milo's statement- "I'm not a White Supremacist, because I suck black (*)(*)(*)(*)" as bigotry. Wouldn't you?

15. Maxwell

Maxwell Banned

There are leftists (liberals) beating up Trump supporters and rioting.

16. Maxwell

Maxwell Banned

Do You have a source for that quote?

17. Media_Truth

Milo himself. Listen to the attached video on the first entry on this thread...

18. Maxwell

Maxwell Banned

I hit the link and there are a bunch of videos. Which one?

19. Media_Truth

When I click, it goes to the bunch, as you say, but then it opens the correct one. If it doesn't look for the one with this title:

MILO OBLITERATES Student Who Called Him A "White Supremacist"

20. Media_Truth

Show me this news about all these leftists beating up Trump supporters. Did they also take their assault weapons away from them? Shame on them for being such bullies. But I heard that David Duke, the leader of the KKK, is very enthusiastic about the Trump victory. Maybe his gangs will take care of these violent tree-huggers.

21. YourBrainIsGod

YourBrainIsGod Well-Known Member

I see Milo as an attention seeker who's purpose is only to be provocative. For this reason I find it wrong to protest him as it will only embolden his agenda.

22. Media_Truth

I agree, I posted this in the Religion area, because I thought that morally religious people would be totally outraged by this person. But evidently, as long as he brought votes to Trump's camp, it's irrelevant how he did it.

23. Media_Truth

OK, so when Milo says he is not a white supremacist, because he sucks a lot of black *****, you classify that with everybody's everyday bigotry?

24. Thingamabob

Thingamabob Well-Known Member Past Donor

Interesting.

Me? I would ask Christians, if they want the Church influencing their daughter or son? Seems to me that the main Church priority is to amass great wealth, just like in the good old days. Interesting that Putin comes under fire from the west for allegedly re-creating the power that was once the Soviet Union, while the Church is below the radar of scrutiny in its plan to become a great global domination.

[video=youtube;2uxtcy4FpN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uxtcy4FpN8 [/video]

25. Maxwell

Maxwell Banned

Words aren't bigotry.