"Human Trafficking"

Discussion in 'Women's Rights' started by Tommy Palven, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Tommy Palven

Tommy Palven Active Member Past Donor

Can anyone point me to an article that debunks the "human trafficking" scare, scam, hoax, lie, or whatever it is?

To me this relatively new-sounding cause is just the same old Carrie Nation morality crusade along the lines of combatting alcohol consumption or Reefer Madness.

Kidnapping constitutes coercion and is unethical and illegal everywhere, but this anti-human trafficking is focused much more on the prevention of voluntary prostitution than kidnapping or involuntary servitude.

I've searched a bit in Wendy McElroy's site, tried a google search that included Greta Christina and COYOTE, but so far haven't found what I'm looking for.

2. Tommy Palven

3. Tommy Palven

The paragraphs below came from links Stu Swirsky sent me since Ms.Susan Ert-ker sent me off on this thankless quest for knowledge a few days ago.

Three arguments against the conventional wisdom that human sex trafficking a major world-wide problem:

1. According to the Amazon.com. review of Sex at the Margins by Laura Maria Augustin, "This groundbreaking book explodes several myths that selling sex is completely different than any other kind of work; that migrants who sell sex are passive victims; and that multitudes of people out to save them are without self-interest."
    https://smile.amazon.com/Sex-Margin...1486566400&sr=1-1&keywords=sex+at+the+margins

2. Zbigniew Dumienski (2012): Myths and Reality of Human Trafficking: A View from Southeast Asia.

From the introduction:

"Human trafficking is commonly seen as a heinous transnational crime affecting millions of migrants from all parts of the globe. According to the US government there are as many as 12.3 million victims of human trafficking world-wide and trafficking is a tremendous, multi-billion-dollar business run by both small networks of traffickers and, increasingly, by “large polycrime international criminal organizations” (US Department of State 2010). One could say that these are very alarming developments and that the authors of the preceding claims should be thanked and congratulated for bringing them so forcibly to public attention. The only problem is that it is difficult to find evidence that any of the above is true..."

3. From an article titled "...human trafficking?" in Spiked news on line by Natalie Rothschild, July 10, 2007:

"What may look like a benevolent rescue-mission of young prostitutes and "domestic slaves" actually amounts, ultimately, to a clampdown on immigration itself."
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/3580#.WJs7uPWcGUk

4. Tommy Palven

Thursday I was given a large slick magazine-type booklet with the scary title International Trafficking in Women to the United States: A Contemporary Manifestation of Slavery and Organized Crime.

There are no credits whatsoever on the booklet as to author, publisher, etc., and the only identifying statement is at the bottom of the last page- Made in the USA, Lexington, KY, 20 February 2017.

I did a google search to this site:
    https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for- ... icking.pdf

If you go there it will tell you that neither the State Department, the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, nor the Central Intelligence Agency endorse the material contained in the booklet, and yet they apparently published it.

While this doesn't prove that the booklet is BS propaganda, I cite it as evidence.

With further research on the web I ascertained that there are actually more people who have been abducted by alien spacecraft, sexually abused, and returned to Earth, than people who involuntarily engage in the sex trade while on Earth.

5. Tommy Palven

6. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Big problem in Atlanta.

Take action to end human trafficking of women and girls.

Search Results

Goldie Taylor—The Sex-Trafficking Victim Next Door - The Daily Beast

www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/01/.../the-sex-trafficking-victim-next-door.html

Jan 21, 2016 - When Annika was 13, she was snatched off the streets of Atlanta ... In Georgia alone, an estimated 200 to 300 girls are trafficked each month.

Human trafficking brutal and widespread in Georgia - CBS46 News

www.cbs46.com/story/24425994/human-trafficking-brutal-and-widespread-in-georgia

Atlanta is one of the largest hubs for human trafficking in the country. January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month, and those who try to save these girls and ...

7. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

So...the OP is pro human trafficking?

Merwen likes this.
  8. Tommy Palven

I'm still not buying the human trafficking narrative, Margot.

The CIA publication in the link in my post above is dated Nov, 1999. I have that identical publication in front of me right now in slick magazine form and no other identification as to author or publisher or any other identification except on the bottom of the very last page it says "Made in the USA Lexington, KY, 20 February 2017.

That was last Monday!

So this is not news. The CIA has been promoting this narrative for at least seventeen years.

Why?

Look at this link below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dguiAWrUGMM

I post It is to show that the US mainstream media will take press releases from the Treasury Dept., State Dept., Pentagon, etc., and run them as real, not fake, news

It is hard to prove a negative, but it is my assertion that a loose association of the powers-that-be and latter-day Moral Majority-type Carrie Nation wannabes have cobbled together a phony narrative that "The World's Oldest Profession" is being controlled by a vast shadowy underground network that I say doesn't exist.

They are promoting this conspiracy theory! I'm trying to debunk it.

9. Tommy Palven

10. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

The links I posted are about the sex traffic in under-aged girls.

11. Tommy Palven

Yes. That's always been illegal, but has it really morphed into a monstrous world-wide crisis despite the best efforts of the CIA, FBI, Interpol, and local police agencies in the last 17 years?

Probably we should define our terms to know what we're both talking about.

To you does "human trafficking" just involve prostitution, or also include offering employment picking apples or tomatoes, or teaching English in China?

12. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

I would say prostitution.

13. Lil Mike

Well aren't we talking about women and girls being imported into the country illegally for prostitution? I mean, even if there were legal prostitution in all 50 states, I still kinda think kidnapping a 14 year old girl in Guatemala to pimp her out in Miami would still be illegal, right?

14. Tommy Palven

Kidnapping has always been illegal, and slavery has been illegal since 1865, so why do we need a new term called "human trafficking?"

Well, from what I've been able to find on the web, the word first showed up in the late 1990's. I haven't found out if the CIA invented the word or just promoted it, but it sure sounds like a Newspeak word used to generate fear. and promote the belief that Big Brother and Uncle Sam love us and want to protect us from these bad traffickers.

Or, maybe I'm just overly suspicious, paranoid in questioning the actions of our secret police, and should know by now that our secret police are as pure as the driven snow compared to other people's secret police.

15. Lil Mike

The CIA? I've no idea what you're talking about there.

If you have a better term to describe someone being kidnapped in another country, and sent to the US to be forced into prostitution, I don't know what it is. Both kidnapping and slavery seem to be insufficient by themselves.

16. Tommy Palven

It was the CIA that published the booklet International Trafficking in Women to the United States: A Contemporary Manifestation of Slavery and Organized Crime. in 1999 and reprinted it in 2017.

The term "human trafficking" was first used in the late 1990's as far as I can determine from the web, but whether the CIA invented the term or just promoted it, I don't know.

But it seems a stretch that the warriors at the CIA who drone people and send captives off to various places to be tortured have suddenly become Social Justice Warriors.

The War on Drugs has been hyped up for years (Check out Reefer Madness), and then the War of Terror, and now the War on Trafficking.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a little war-weary.

17. Lil Mike

If you're weary just surrender and become a hash smoking radical Muslim who keeps slaves. Problem solved!

18. Tommy Palven

One last try Lil Mike.

1. The CIA just reprinted its 17-year old document which contains no identification as to author, publisher or date of first publication, that says that the US is being attacked by "A Contemporary Manifestation of Slavery and Organized Crime."

2. Hermann Goering, Nazi Luftwaffe Commander, said "(although) the people don't want war...(they) can always be brought to do the bidding of their leaders...All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked. It works the same in every country..."

3. Hitler's propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels said "the truth is the mortal enemy of the State."

4. Our secret police are telling us that we are under attack by internationally organized crime.

I wouldn't want to try to connect any dots here. Just sayin'.

And now that I've invoked Godwin's Law with my Nazi references, I should be truly done with this topic.

19. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Interpol busts 40 human traffickers, saves 236 children...
    [​IMG]
    Interpol: 40 human traffickers arrested, 236 children saved
    24 Nov.`17 — Interpol says 40 suspected human traffickers have been arrested and nearly 500 of their victims freed in a vast police operation in five African countries.

20. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Well-Known Member

Yes, children of ages from 3 - 12 and younger and older have been rescued from sex slave traders in many Countries.

Many stolen on order from their homes or from Hospitals, some newborns, very shocking.

Stolen on order as if ordering a pizza, the people ordering specific traits as if toppings on a pizza.
    Hair and eye color, race etc....

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  21. Tommy Palven

The CIA is not a friend to foreign women and children.

Steven Pinker made a great case that there is more peace and freedom in the world today than ever before as evidenced by a myriad of such things as fact that we no longer applaud the drawing and quartering of heretics or burning witches at the stake.

However, the US government doesn't seem to have gotten the memo, continuing to drone emerging politically incorrect leaders in the Mideast and Pakistan, with recent expansion into sub--Saharan Africa.

And along with increased US incursions abroad, there is an apparent increase of political control of US citizens:
    The exposure of Operation Mockingbird showed that the CIA had been operating WITHIN THE US to influence media and control free thought for decades.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird

But, despite the old adage that if "it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck" that it might be a duck, the CIA has been omitted from the Wikipedia list of secret police agencies.

It makes one wonder just how much effort the CIA public relations department has made in order to keep the CIA and Mossad off the Wikipedia list which has Bahrain and China on the list; that is, it actually seems more damning that the CIA is not on the list.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_secret_police_organizations

With Operation Mockingbird in mind, can we CONNECT THESE DOTS:
    . On March 12, 2013 James Clapper, as head of all 17 secretive policing agencies, testified under oath before Congress that the CIA handmaiden, the NSA, did not collect information on “a single US citizen.”
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Clapper

. Two months later Edward Snowden released Top Secret documents detailing that the NSA spied on over 120 million US citizens.

. US Senator Lindsey Graham expressed shock that the secret police collected information on him and that he could not obtain the information they had gathered.
    http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/339670-graham-gets-emotional-in-public-unmasking-debate

. A federal court ordered that the remaining undisclosed Kennedy murder documents be released on Oct. 26, 2017, 54 years after the event, with only the US President allowed to block the release of any documents. Trump said that he wanted to release the remaining thousands of pages of documents, but the CIA refused and he “had no choice” in the matter.

If Snowden hadn’t released the top secret NSA documents, would we be aware of NSA spying on US citizens today?

Would we know after 54 years?

Do we really know whether the secret police spy on US citizens now?

Maybe it doesn't really matter, but does the US have the kind of government that Washington, Jefferson, and Madison had in mind?

22. drluggit

drluggit Well-Known Member

I'm so confused. So what TommyPriven is advocating is legal human trafficking? And they are justifying this because they believe that the CIA is behind it and that we have kidnapping and other laws that otherwise regulate this, even though they believe that it's ok?

Let's just admit to a few things here. Human trafficking isn't just prostitution. It's indentured slavery for those who pay off their illegal transport into this or other nations because they have no other way to pay for their transport. This is men, women, and children.

And let us be super clear here. The open boarders efforts of democrats only further exacerbates this phenomenon. Which, of course, it the intent of it.

23. Tommy Palven

There are ALREADY lots of laws on the books outlawing involuntary servitude and kidnapping which I favor.

What we have been seeing seems like just another scare-tactic power grab by the secret police to improve their image and increase their funding.

If the CIA really cared about women and children it wouldn't be killing them on an almost daily basis as collateral damage from drone-fired missiles in the Mideast, Pakistan, and now expanding into sub-Saharan Africa.

24. drluggit

drluggit Well-Known Member

Which seems so immutably conflicted. Paranoid, and ill informed seems a dangerous mix..

25. Tommy Palven

I posted Wikipedia links for my previous assertions.

All you seem to have is ad hominem innuendo and a kind of "My secret police, right or wrong" attitude which went over big for a while during the Third Reich.
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...5148EE619FB8B7014D415148EE619FB8B&FORM=WRVORC

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017