Most Europeans want to STOP migration from Muslim countries, study finds

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by Jim Nash, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Well-Known Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eans-want-end-migration-Muslim-countries.html

The graph is both surprising and not surprising. Surprising after the decades-long brainwashing from the media about how Muslim immigration is tantamount to The Second Coming, but not surprising in terms of my own estimation of what people really think.

The orange is the number who don't want more, the green those who do want more. You don't even need to look in detail, a quick glance is very revealing.

2. Jim Nash

Since the chart includes undecided, here are the decideds-only figures for no more Muslims:

Poland 79%
    Hungary 73%
    UK 61%
    Austria 79%
    Italy 67%
    France 73%
    Spain 61%
    Greece 64%
    Germany 65%
    Belgium 75%

3. SvenO100

SvenO100 Member

Those numbers are not correct, anyone that looks at the image provided in the article can tell that your percentages do not add up. You can not promote your own view with inaccurate information, edit your post to show the real numbers. I am on the side of stopping immigration from Muslim countries but that does not mean you can mislead people.

4. Jim Nash

Those numbers are entirely correct, and anyone who can do mathematics can tell they are. Anyone who cannot do maths should learn.

Poland: 71/19/9.

90 decided respondents (9 no answer)

71 out of 90 = 79%.

Etc.

5. SvenO100

SvenO100 Member

The options are to agree, disagree or to not agree or disagree. The latter means you are on the fence about the issue and can't clearly say whether you are for or against it. If you look at what you did for Spain you can see that the amount of people that agreed stands at 41%, you've decided to crank that up to 61%, explain that.

6. cryaotis

cryaotis Member

Are you serious?

7. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Notice that the question was, "should it be stopped." That many people support COMPLETE cessation.

What do you think the percentage is for a large decrease while still allowing some?

Yeah. Yuuuuge.

8. Jim Nash

For heaven's sake. 41% agree and 26% disagree. Excluding undecideds, that's 41 out of 67, which is 61% that agree. 39% disagree. It's not difficult.

9. SvenO100

SvenO100 Member

No idea what you are trying to say here. If you then look at the image and the percentages provided on that image, Spain has 41% saying agree, if you then look at what is posted above in this thread you will see that he made it 61% and he also did this with the percentages of other countries. The information he presents to us is not correct and I therefor asked him to change his post to include the correct percentages from the article that he himself is quoting. If you believe me to be incorrect, please explain.

10. SvenO100

SvenO100 Member

You are not allowed to ignore the undecided part because that presents a falsified image. You briefly mention the "decided" only figures but present it in such a way that it appears as though the percentage of people wanting Muslims out is much higher.

11. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Or maybe he just looked at another one.

You miss the big picture.

When asked the question "do you support a complete cessation to these people immigrating", 55% (the average) of all these countries said yes. Very small numbers said "no".

Now the magnitude of that question is large, considering the response.

They didn't ask "do you support LIMITING immigration", they asked "do you support STOPPING immigration". That's a pretty clear cut line in the sand for how they feel.

12. Sushisnake

Sushisnake Active Member

Here is the actual report the Daily Mail cites but doesn’t provide a link to, perhaps because the report goes on to detail just how greatly the Europeans overestimate the size their Muslim population and the extent of immigration.

https://www.chathamhouse.org/expert/comment/what-do-europeans-think-about-muslim-immigration

Here are a few more links on how greatly Europeans overestimate the extent of Muslim immigration.

http://www.politico.eu/article/europeans-overestimate-muslim-population-poll/

(*)https://www.theguardian.com/society...ely-overestimate-muslim-population-poll-shows

(*)http://europe.newsweek.com/islam-mu...-media-population-number-muslims-531722?rm=eu

If you google it yourself you'll get pages of the same.

And all the OP and the DailyMail have told us with these figures is Europeans are afraid of Muslims. Big shock. Who saw that coming, 16 years into the War on Terror?

13. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Watch and see if you can find it mentioned in MSM. ha ha ha.

Personally I think the real numbers are higher than the 55 percent. For some people will not tell the truth if they have been conditioned to think it is horrible to reject a culture of people. When it is intelligence in operation to reject a culture that does not assimilate well, and is unenlightened, primitive in their beliefs and values. But faux liberals, if it were possible to bring the entire mongol empire into America, they would do it in a heart beat. And holler and scream racism and every other kind of "ism" if someone with some damned sense objected.

I say this as a FDR liberal, a liberalism that is almost 180 from this modern faux liberalism which is a collection of beliefs that one can only hold if there is a disconnect from reality. Space Cadet beliefs. And if not for some common sense being left in America, and if not for laws that protect idiots from themselves, these faux liberals would self destruct their own gene pool. We do not allow evolution to work it out. And it can threaten the rest of us for we have to live in the society these people have created.

14. Jim Nash

There is nothing "false" about eliminating from a survey the people who didn't offer an opinion. It simply presents an accurate picture of the people who answered one way or the other. In the Spanish example, 69% answered favourably and 31% did not. This is a perfectly legitimate use of the data, and arguably a more useful one, since it eliminates what is basically irrelevant noise.

However, anyone who's that interested in the undecided vote (few, I suspect) can look at the chart. Anyone who is interested only in the people who offered an opinion can use the figures I posted (and subtract them from 100 to get the Muslim-favourable number). I would imagine my figures are infinitely more useful, and I can't imagine that anyone here is remotely bothered about the people who couldn't decide.

Anyway, this is a semantic distraction. As Vman said, the numbers are huge.

15. aenigma

aenigma Well-Known Member

I bet alot of the Blue undesided voters Are just afraid to admit IT out of fear for being called a racist to

16. Jim Nash

Specifically, as noted above I simply left out the undecided respondents. It might be vaguely interesting to some folks to know "how many people can't make up their minds", but it doesn't interest me and gets in the way of the real figures.

Also, when the figures are close things can get very misleading when you include the undecideds but don't mention them. It would be accurate to say "47% of British people don't want any more Muslim immigration", which can lead people to say "OK, so 53%, the majority, want more, right?!!". No - only 30% want more, the rest are the undecideds. But that 47% looks like a minority, which it very much isn't.

17. SvenO100

SvenO100 Member

That does not make it right to present information the way he did. We have enough questionable news in this day and age as is, everyone should strive to present accurate and unbiased information at all times. We're all the better for it. I myself want Muslims gone and I want a stop to immigration, yet I will still go against information that is presented in a way similar to right now. I don't let my own personal feelings get in the way. Anyway, i've had my say on the matter so I will drop it for now.

18. Thehumankind

Thehumankind Well-Known Member

Time will come that the isolation of the Muslims will be complete and the triumph of ISIS ideals will reach its pinnacle,
    and the billions of them will be against the world. What a horrible sight that would be.

19. SvenO100

SvenO100 Member

You describe why you should leave the undecided vote in. Then you'd get, with Spain for example. (Going from what I remember.) 41% is in favour, 26% is undecided and 33% is against. You would still have the majority in that instance and you also have the clear majority in the overall image (Though it lacks countries like The Netherlands, I'd like to see a list of all European countries, but that is something else.) If you did it that way you completely shut down any opposition someone can give you. If you present it in any way that can be interperted as not being completely honest, you'll get people against you. That is why it's so important to present accurate data, especially if you're already correct.

20. Jim Nash

Hence why polls consistently underestimate the social conservative vote. UK general election, Brexit, Trump...all way off. Even speaking anonymously, people just feel guilty about not adhering to the multi-culturalist, diversity-embracing opinion that a tiny vocal minority tell them it's oh so uncool to not adhere to.

21. Jim Nash

The figures are all there. People can look at the undecided votes in the chart, and they can look at the numbers with the undecideds left out, as I gave them in the follow up. If people accuse me of dishonestly manipulating them, I will explain exactly what I did and other people can then decide if it's valid - which it is here.

This is a semantic distraction from the point, which is that a substantial majority of European nations want no more Muslim immigration. I would be seriously delighted if we could stick to the relevant matter at hand. If you want to carry on about how I've legitimately presented the figures, feel free to PM me about it - it's adding nothing of value to the thread.

22. Mr. Swedish Guy

Mr. Swedish Guy New Member

it might not be false, but it's not very helpful or informative either... the relative sizes between yes and no isn't important... their relation to the whole population is what's important. Just imagine if 90% were undecided. What the remaining 10% thinks about anything is completely irrelevant. You can't just ignore the undecided. Their lack of opinion is important information as well.

23. Merwen

Merwen Well-Known Member

It's easy to overestimate the numbers of a group that practices dominance by building enormous edifices near sites others of their kind destroyed; tacitly accepting violent jihad; and wearing unusual clothing to remind everyone of what their kindred has put everyone through--not to mention strategically placing themselves in every country they manage to begin to occupy.

24. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

The opposition of Muslim migration is especially strong in Eastern Europe, France and Belgium. Poland cannot accommodate any refugees in the first place because it's economically struggling after the end of Soviet rule, while France and Belgium experienced recent terrorist attacks. Austria has a long tradition of right-wing extremism since the 1930s and whopping 80% of Austrians oppose further migration from Muslim states. Notably, less than 50% of people in Britain and Spain are against Muslim migration, 47% and 41%, respectively.

[​IMG]

25. Sushisnake

Sushisnake Active Member

It's easy to overestimate numbers when you're scared out of your mind.

Can you name one place where a mosque was built on the site of jihadist terror attack anywhere in Europe please?

As for the rest, I take it you're in the scared out of your mind group, so terrified " unusual clothing" is a stress trigger for you. I suggest you avoid Halloween and costume parties, they'll give you panic attacks.