Guiding economic growth.

Discussion in 'Economics & Trade' started by Brett Nortje, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

I was reading about uganda, and i found that they have a e.c.g. rate of five to five point two percent. this made me wonder how quickly the population was growing, so i asked google, and it said that the population growth rate is three and a half percent. this looks good for uganda, yes? i mean, everyone needs a economic growth rate that exceeds their population growth rate, of course.

So, after some more searching i found that many places have this 'winning formula.' then, i saw some that did not have the good news shared with them, and i started to worry, how can the population growth exceed the economic growth rate?

Then, i thought about it some more, and realized that this growth was not enough - there are too many people without jobs, of course. how do we deal with economic growth so as to better it for every country?

I need answers. if we were to observe that economic growth can be bettered by the banks, maybe with the state placing some funds into the bank, that would be good. then i thought why even use the reserve? all the money should be placed in the banks so that they may lend it out, or, the reserve should make a state bank with special rules for entrepreneurship and so forth, this is probably the only way to ensure that the reserve, the people's bank no less, serves them.

If i was a reserve banker, and under pressure to stimulate economic growth, i would make it much easier to lend money based on the taxes that the person will give to the state through the means of where they will be appointed based on where they will work for the bank if their business fails. if there is a fail safe, say the economy previously grew by a certain amount, we could use that figure for opening up new businesses and then see to it that these funds are made available, with plenty of pay backs for the state.

Then, it really dawned on me! if the person was to put their house up as collateral or surety or whatever you call it, then they could get the money from their house as a loan. if it works, great, no problem. if it fails, the bank grabs the house and the person pays rent, yes? i think this is a risky plan for some of the entrepreneurs but hey, it is better than nothing.