To Racial Minorities: We Should not Depend on the Left

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Cherub786, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Cherub786

Cherub786 Member

Now more than ever we racial minorities in America are vulnerable and insecure because of the right-wing populism that has taken the Whites by storm. The so-called “Left” or “progressives” have always been soft, compromised, and generally weak. On the local level at least, we need our own political parties and leaders. We can’t depend on Democratic congressmen to speak for us. At the end of the day, its not a leftist White guy that is in danger; its non-White people namely us. We are in danger ever since Trump became President. We have to start organizing to defend ourselves. Leftists are too busy worried about climate change, wearing funny pink hats, and carrying on business as usual. Meanwhile we are threatened in our neighborhoods and on the streets. The only leftists I appreciate right now are the Black Bloc (antifas) because they mean business; but the mainstream leftists don’t understand the peril that we minorities are in on a personal level. We have to look after our own interests and be independent of leftist politics.

2. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

But you could move back to your country of origin and feel better about yourself.

3. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

You want to separate minorities into their own parties, separate from white Democrats?

That's absolutely brilliant! I say go for it!

4. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;8LlWRa7Pxa8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LlWRa7Pxa8[/video]

The Black Bloc is a group of anarchists and smashing storefront windows will not achieve anything. These black-clad protesters resemble the 'stormtroopers' or Brownshirts.

5. Cherub786

Cherub786 Member

First let White people move back to Europe

6. Hotdogr

Hotdogr Well-Known Member Past Donor

The democrats take minorities for granted, so you get no love from them, only lip service. The republicans have written minorities off as a lost voting bloc, so no love from them either. Your community's persecution from within for any political diversity has done you a disservice.

This was LBJ's plan, and it has worked to a tee. He probably WILL "...have those (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)s voting democrat fo the next 200 years", just as he said he would, and the only way for you to break those chains... are from within.

7. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

Let Muslims move out of Europe. Plus we can let Blacks move out of the Cape. American Indians can go back to Siberia.

8. Cherub786

Cherub786 Member

Why should American Indians go back to Siberia? American Indians were the first people to settle in the Americas. That means it historically belongs to them and no other race. White Europeans invaded in 1492 and forcefully colonized the Americas through genocide and war. Similarly, White Europeans forcefully colonized south Africa and instituted a system of apartheid to keep local blacks suppressed.

In America, White Europeans have no moral ground to determine who can and cannot come to the continent which they themselves stole. If White Europeans tell others to go back home, they are the first to whom such a directive would apply. They should leave North and South America, Australia, Hawaii and South Africa and go back to Europe. They did not come legally to any of those places.

9. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

As determined by whom? You? Laughable. The African cape was largely unoccupied. Stone age cultures don't rule and Dark Age religions like Islam don't do well in a modern society. The world's been conquered ten times over. Where do we start? What year in history determines ownership? What you don't like is that if it wasn't for Whites you'd be living in a cave thinking about eating your mother in law for dinner.

10. Cherub786

Cherub786 Member

Hmmm you've obviously never studied history. Cavemen were White Europeans living in caves, interbreeding with Neanderthals. Neanderthals themselves were basically White skinned Europeans. Civilization arose from Asia and the Middle East. The Nile civilization (Egypt), the civilization of Euphrates and Tigris (Mesopotamia the cradle of civilization), the civilization of Indus (India/Pakistan). All of these civilizations predate European civilization, which was rather late.

The first European civilization was on the tiny island of Crete. Europeans were barbaric cavemen while most of the rest of the world was civilized.

Also "largely" unoccupied still doesn't mean unoccupied. Europeans only advanced through theft and genocide of other people. They never advanced with their own efforts unlike other civilizations. Europeans follow a religion that came from the Middle East, and worship a man who was a Middle Eastern Semitic Jew. They read a book (Bible) that is written in Hebrew, and condemns Europeans as "Gog and Magog".

Right now Europe is economically declining. Countries like Greece, Spain, and Portugal are virtually bankrupt. Meanwhile, countries like China, India, Malaysia, Vietnam, Bangladesh, are rising fast, soon to overtake Europe, if not already having done so. Even in Africa, many African countries are rising fast like Nigeria. Mexico and Brazil are also rising fast.

In America, racial minorities are growing and becoming more politically influential. White people will no longer be the majority in America very soon. Europe will not be able to compete with Asia. The eclipse of the white european is pretty much over. This is why anti-immigrant, right-wing groups are getting popular in Europe. Such groups only rise in a society is in decline, like when the Nazis arose in 1930s Germany.

11. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why? What special representation do American citizens or residents who happen to be of a racial minority need that white American citizens and residents don’t? Why not just be people in America, part of the vast diversity that incorporates yet working together for a common goal of health and happiness?

I’m mean, you’re half way to being an American by spouting off on the stupid binary left/right division and blaming national politicians for your individual problems. :cool:

12. Cherub786

Cherub786 Member

I think perhaps you live in Britain and so if you have to ask "what special representatives do minorities needs that white citizens don't?" you obviously don't live here and are not a minority.

Don't forget that at the height of the civil rights movement in the 1960s, a vast majority of white people polled said that there is true racial equality in the country (in the 1960s!)

The fact is that White people always think that there is equal treatment for minorities, even when it is self-evident that there is not.

When the mainstream political parties are not representing the political, social and economic interests of minorities, it's obvious that minorities should not vote for them. Minorities are discriminated in housing, employment, schooling, and in the judicial system.

13. therooster

therooster Banned

Democrats and their conspiracy theories. Wow, tin foil hat stuff here.

14. Cherub786

Cherub786 Member

In America, whites and non-Whites constitute two separate nations with very divergent political interests. It makes no sense for these two separate peoples to be regarded as a single polity or constituency. A rural White person from Alabama has nothing in common with a Mexican-American living in SoCal. No political party can represent both of their interests fairly. What ends up happening is that the government, whether Democrat or Republican, ends up favoring the Whites over the non-Whites. The most crucial thing is to first and foremost recognize that whites and non-whites are distinct polities and can never be unified as a single community. This fact must then be reflected in America's education system and judicial system. If the mainstream Left does not recognize this, then it will be their downfall among minorities. Minorities require accurate political representation of their unique and separate interests from the White majority. For example, minorities are favorable toward greater free trade, less restrictions on immigration, and reformation of the public education system in minority areas to reflect needs of minority students. It makes no sense to import White teachers from the suburbs to instruct minority students. The two are living in completely different worlds.

15. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

What exactly are you in danger of having happen to you? What peril are you in?

The anarchist groups only terrorize leftist, liberal cities - which is ironic. They cannot do that sort of thing outside of those cities because it simply won't be tolerated outside of those cities. And by the way ... they don't care about minorities. All they care about is anarchy and destruction. They aren't looking out for you. No chance.

16. Cherub786

Cherub786 Member

The danger faced by us minorities is political marginalization. Btw I'm not talking on a personal level, but collectively as belonging to a minority community.

17. Battle3

Battle3 Well-Known Member

This is the end result of 50+ years of "progressives" balkanizing the USA population. "progressives" did it as a prog power play, but eventually all the little groups decide to go their own way.

But even though the "progressives" lose power, it still works for them because their goal is to either take over the system from within, or collapse the system (which is what this balkanization process leads to) and take over in the ensuing chaos. Typical communist tactic.

18. HonestJoe

I’m a minority on a number of grounds, just not (currently) race and I’m not sure what’s special about being in Britain compared to America (I’m assuming you’re not talking about discrimination in Saudi Arabia :cool: ).

You never answered my question though. If I’m really so fundamentally incapable of understanding, you’ll need to explain rather than assert.

I never said I believe there is equal treatment – there clearly isn’t. I asked what special representation is needed for minorities that isn’t for whites.

Why would minorities have any difference political, social and economic interests to other citizens, especially considering the wide diversity in those things of a national population in general?

19. Cherub786

Cherub786 Member

In academic discourse, the term minority refers especially to non-White racial minority. I'm sure if you are bald guy with no hair on your head you are a minority, but not a minority for our purposes :cool:

Secondly, there are huge differences between Britain and America with regard to race and structure of the society. Britain is in Europe and traditionally associated with English and Scottish people. America, however, is fundamentally different (and superior) in the sense that it is a multiracial society with no single ethnic group able to claim a heritage of domination over the rest. This is a very important difference which British people must appreciate when it comes to America.

Because minorities and White people tend to live in different areas. It's a sociological reality. The issues effecting White areas are different than the issues effecting non-Whites. Whites have different economic interests than minorities. Take for example the recent debacle over Standing Rock. The Indigenous people clearly have different interests than the White population over the construction of a pipeline on their ancestral lands. If you are a White person, you have no economic or social interest in standing with Indigenous people over this issue other than morality.

Take the issue of affirmative action, especially in housing, education and employment. The interests of Whites and non-Whites are clearly divergent on this issue (i.e. the allocation of resources). This is basic stuff really.

Take the political parties themselves. The Republican party goes out of its way to appeal to the base of their party (White people). The Democratic Party, not to be outdone, uses the same tactics though mostly on a local level; thus giving the minorities the short end of the stick.

The issue of "illegal immigration" mostly effects Mexican and Mesoamerican descent people. Deporting them means breaking up their families; something that doesn't affect White people.

So it is so obvious that people of different races have widely divergent economic, political and social interests.

I would imagine the same is true in Britain btw. Whites and Asians (Pakistanis, Bangladeshis) have divergent economic and political interests.

20. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

Cherub, everyone is at risk of political marginalization. And nobody across the political spectrum gets everything they want all the time. Nobody gets to win every election.

Welcome to real life.

Ya learn to roll with it.

Putting on a black mask, destroying cars and plate glass windows, assaulting and terrorizing people, ...

... is a loser.

21. Cherub786

Cherub786 Member

Losing an election is not what I mean by political marginalization. There are much greater issues than losing an election.

22. Wildjoker5

Wildjoker5 Well-Known Member

Can you even explain that in any sort of coherent way?

Also, this idea you have about segregating yourselves from the white population, why is it that you think it will be a good thing when your grandparents faced dogs and fire hoses and the democrats KKK to fight to end segregation? Do you also think that the wealthy blacks/minorities will follow with you? Do you think they have the same misgivings about the GOP/Dems that you have or do you think that all you will get are the poor minorities who provide nothing to society that will have no one to leech off of in this new segregated "utopia"?

23. Cherub786

Cherub786 Member

First you wrongly assume I am a Black person. I am a Brown person of Indian descent and a minority in America.

There are two kinds of segregation. One is the segregation of Jim Crow which you refer to; a legally enforced segregation where Black people had to sit at the back of the bus and were denied basic services because of their race.

I am not talking about this kind of segregation. I am talking about a psychological and sociological segregation which for the most part is already present in America. White people and minorities tend to live in separate areas, and send their kids to different schools. But this is not a legally enforced type of segregation.

The segregation I am referring to is not about where people sit in the bus or what restaurants you are allowed to go to. I am talking about political and social segregation, which is already a reality.

24. HonestJoe

Only to the race obsessed. There are other relevant minorities, say the physically disabled to pluck a random possibility from nowhere in particular. ;)

I think you’re misunderstanding (or misrepresenting) both nations there and while there are certainly plenty of difference between them, there are also a lot more similarities than many would like to admit.

Anyway, those difference are no reason to suggest I’m somehow incapable of understanding the basis for your assertions of what it required there.

There are trends and tendencies but none are definitive. Even areas recognised as “black” will have some non-black people there so saying they should be represented on a racial basis is surely just reversing the national-scale problem, making the non-black residents the unrepresented minorities. Local representatives should be working for all of their constituents, regardless of their race, not because of it. If representatives truly fail to treat minorities fairly you need better representatives but those don’t automatically need to be of the same minority themselves (something that is impossible where there are multiple minority groups anyway).

I’ve never seen evidence that any racial bias in politics is directly caused by that. Political parties will do and say whatever they think will win the most votes. They generally don’t care what colour people are as long as they’re getting the votes. I think the problem in the US (and to varying extents other places too) is that a lot of social division ended up follow racial lines and the political divisions follow the social ones. Racial issues are as much a symptom as anything.

Doesn’t affect as many white people. I’ve no doubt there are a few whites who have been deported and there will be loads of people of Mexican descent who are either legal immigrants or native US citizens so won’t generally be directly impacted.

People of the same race have widely divergent economic, political and social interests too. You’ve already made a big thing about how different I am from Americans despite me having the same race as so many of them and a different one from so many of my friends and colleges back here in the UK.

25. Wildjoker5

Wildjoker5 Well-Known Member

No where did I say you were black, or even imply you were. If you think it was because I claimed your grandparent fought against segregation, you do know it wasn't just blacks right?

All minorities, not just blacks. Chinese in Cali, gays, hippies, jews, etc.

Yeah, and the majority of people in America are racially harmonized. Especially in medium towns of the south. But lets focus on the fringe sects that the media reports on all the time.

Partial reality. But you still didn't answer the beginning question. "Can you even explain that in any sort of coherent way?" As in how you or minorities are going to be "in danger" of being marginalized?