Ibuprofen can destroy your kidneys

Discussion in 'Health Care' started by sawyer, Feb 10, 2017.

1. sawyer

sawyer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Just a friendly warning to people in this forum who I hope can learn from my bad experience. I wouldn't wish this on anybody, not even the leftist in here I constantly argue with and consider to be fools.
    Last summer I got shingles and the doctor told me to take maximum doses of ibuprofen until it was gone so that's exactly what I did. A month later shingles were gone but I had kidney failure. I went on a strict white rice and fruit diet that I heard could heal kidneys and so far so good. The down side was I went from 190 fit and trim pounds to 150 emaciated pounds. My last blood work showed dramatic kidney function improvement though and I'm now in the mild damage range and my kidney doctor says I may even see complete recovery. I've been adding protein to my diet and am gaining weight nicely.
    Anyway my main point here is be very careful with ibuprofen type products!!!!!!!!! Nothing gets your attention like organ failure.

2. soup nazi

soup nazi New Member

NSAIDs (like ibuprofuen/motrin, naproxen/aleve) can also cause ulcers and lead to upper-GI bleeds. Thats not to say they shouldn't be used, but they are definitely not without their downsides and should be used in moderation. Good to hear you are recovering.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  3. Kode

Kode Well-Known Member

Get a new doctor!