First live birth evidence in dinosaur relative

Discussion in 'Science' started by cerberus, Feb 15, 2017.

1. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

How do you get rich beyond your wildest dreams? Why it's easy - go to the BBC, tell them you're a 'scientist', dream up some ludicrous story like this one, and they'll believe you without question and pay you lots and lots of money for it. Yes really! [​IMG]

"Researchers had to consider whether the smaller animal might have been part of the adult's last meal. But it's facing forward, whereas swallowed prey generally face backwards because predators consume the animal head first to help it go down the throat."

I mean blimey, fancy that? The things 'researchers' know - how did we manage without them?? [​IMG]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-38971504

:roll: [​IMG]

2. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

What are you on? The BBC (or any other news organisation) doesn’t pay anyone for this kind of story. The scientists (and not just because “they say they are”) published their research in a journal and a BBC science followed it up because they thought it’d make an interesting article. Nobody goes in to scientific research to become “rich beyond their wildest dreams”.

I know you’re not so stupid at to believe what you’re writing so I can only ask why you’re trying to propagate such misinformation?

3. cerberus

No, but they need to justify their existences and ensure future research funding (thank you very much you taxpayers! Keep it coming!!) therefore they have to advertise their wares don't they? :roll: Anyway you're not one of them, so how do you know they're not on a nice little earner? Of course there's a quid pro quo! If our 'national treasure' [​IMG] the ancient Mary Berry gets paid for baking bloody cakes, the boffins will definitely get something for all that fake science and filling a bit of air time. Duh.

4. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

OK, you're just trolling again. Never mind.

5. cerberus

No I'm not trolling, Joe, not least because I don't need any more infractions; and I never troll anyway because I'm not so small-minded. But I have a sneaky feeling that you're reluctantly coming around to my way of thinking. And so you should! I look at it as an assault on my basic common sense to be expected to believe such trash, and as an intelligent man yourself (albeit something of a pedant too :mrgreen: ) I'd have thought you would share that resentment.