What I find Christianity is about.

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Brett Nortje, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

As some of you may know, i am actually a pagan, but have an opinion about many religions that i will share with you. many people claim to be christians and get irritated by athiests and other religions, and, even others within their congregation about this practice.

Of course, there are many that will disagree on many points, the points usually being the correct interpretation of the texts. this is not about seeking clarity in the word of god, but rather that they understand what it means and others do not. this is because everyone wants to feel unique and special, and, they want others to agree with them, as the self image of being 'holy people' is so comely.

So, everyone that goes to church wants to feel 'holy' and like a 'good teacher,' yes? this is why they go to church. sometimes, feeling holy and seeking this image will be used to grant you special treatment from others, like demanding trust from them, due to your religious stance - "trust me, i am a christian!" some would say. this title is so sought after by some that they forget it is about loving god, not about themselves being seen understanding god, yes?

If you were to observe that some people will also bring radical notions to the fore, where they will 'claim tricks' about how to get to heaven too, or gain god's approval, then they would also challenge the bible, especially to the point of them denying "a god that needs to be worshipped." this would usually be after a long bit of protesting and trying to upset others, thinking it is their way or the highway, of course.

Now, there is one last observation i wish to share at this point - 'prosecutors of the lord.' these people will tell others how to live, that they are not allowed to do this or that, and they must do this or that. for example, i do not eat lobster, crayfish or prawns because my god venus has told me not to, and, i am sure that some other religions share this feeling, yes? if they see these things, they will go so far as to take action if you do. religion is not about what you can or cannot do, it is about loving god and bringing him into your life. it is easy to bring god into your life, for example, when yo are in traffic, you have ample time to talk to god, yes? this would be an excellent time, and slowly bringing your conversations with god into the supermarket and even your house, of course.

2. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

Communism are cruel specie against Nationalism.....

3. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

God does not force, what is that is true does not have to do more then be.

4. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

Gud are Swedish name on God.

5. Oxymoron

What does that even mean?

6. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

In English it are God. But I care about in Swedish.

7. Oxymoron

Ok continue with your absurd comments.

8. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

So you does not speaking Swedish ?!

So you did live in NYC right ?!

9. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

Self I believe I are in Colorado.

And support Cruz plus Clinton.

:thumbsup:

And Trump are so far only third best position in GOP.

:clapping:

10. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

Have you ever mistaken 'power' for 'good?' when we are born as babies, we see two faces every day - they reek of power, so we automatically assume they are good, yes? i mean, when we are helpless, any form of 'help' is surely good to our minds, of course.

Now, in our western culture, we mistake 'power' for 'evil' and 'win.' we fantasize about getting to the 'top of the pyramid' by sleeping our way up there or using drugs maybe to swoon a boss? this is evil, but people will laugh and think highly of it, of course, as it takes a lot of well through out lies and so forth.

So, if we were to mistake power for good for us, everybody would own a gun. this is the quickest way to gain power over the lives of others, often people look at the ability, not to defend yourselves with high walls, but rather hurt others as real power, empowering, and, good for us.

If you look to god and see power, this is wrong. god says he is powerful, that is not important, it is the way he makes you feel about your relationship with him that makes it love and 'a kingdom of love.' if you see someone doing wrong, and conclude them to the mercy of god, this is turning the other cheek and allowing nature to run it's course, but, what if this was to happen again - does somebody else deserve to be wronged for nature to run it's course?

So, wrath is wrong, justice for the society is right. if someone wrongs you, you need to protect others, not because you are powerful, but because you are just and love them and want to stop this evil from going to their lives.

Do not love god because he is powerful, do not love your boss because they are powerful, do not love the gangsters because they are powerful. this is all i have to say to link things together to show what our western culture has become - please be rational?

11. robini123

robini123 Well-Known Member

I think there are many different motivations to be part of a religion. Some identify with a religion because they are expected to ergo peer pressure, some have been indoctrinated, some want to be happy, some want to be righteous or self-righteous, some do it out of fear, some are just hedging their bets just in case there is a heaven and hell, and I imagine that there are many other reasons.

12. Strasser

Strasser Banned

I get along great with Christians; they only get 'irritated' by liars and idiots who know nothing about their theology and faith trying to tell them what they're supposed to believe, usually via citing verses, as if the entire bible is just a list of disconnected sayings or something, or babbling stupid nonsense about Christian history.

the fact is they should be very grateful Christians came along, otherwise Europe and the U.S. would still be mired in pagan brutalism, a far, far worse lifestyle and oppressive 'culture'. Talk about dodging a bullet, and having a much brighter and more humane path to the future spring up before one's eyes.

13. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

I support Clinton or Warren now justice for all. A female president 2020 or 2017 or early 2018. One year term for Donald Trump if he wanted with no fears to get killed, finish his mandate role to Clinton or Warren max about one year or dealings this 2017 year about half year or few weeks ago.

14. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

Near death experiencer Bruce F. MacDonald was shown that he was the reincarnation of one of the disciples,
    specifically Doubting Thomas.

His memories of that particular past life have the power to alter the way that Christianity deals with all other religions......
    especially with people who would term themselves "pagan."

http://www.thomastwin.com/7 A Thomas samples.html

15. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

My God doesn't exist so he cannot help me from evil humanity how believe Lord are their savior but Lord is not for me.

- - - Updated - - -

My voices evil Power.

:weed:

16. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

Finnish Lord Jumala is nothing and lives matters ?!

17. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

Tough breathe through me is that normality God and Jesus Christ ?!

Is it Lord or Allahu wanted this Way my God ?!

18. DennisTate

Whether the word is in Swedish or English, God is a word that can apply to
    an Intelligence with the technological capability to resurrect us from the dead.

The Tech to take us up out of The Void as reported by near death experiencers is certainly a role for Messiah Yeshua - Jesus that we Christians are impressed by.

http://www.politicalforum.com/opini...lligence-begin-matter-fundamental-energy.html

Where did Intelligence begin, in matter or fundamental energy?

I am an Evolutionary Theist........

I am of the belief that a being with "Godlike" technological capability

began, far far far far far more than 13.72 billion years ago, in
    fundamental or nearly fundamental energy that to at least some
    degree corresponds with "Energy from Quantum Vacuum."

This Intelligence learned and learned, and experimented..... .and
    designed Big Bang type events, nearly an infinite number of them,
    and eventually, around 13.72 billion year or so ago began our.......
    Big Bang event that led to the evolution plus creation of
    all the life forms that we see here on earth.

19. DPMartin

DPMartin Active Member

what you might see as Christianity and what it is supposed to be about seems to be completely different. Christianity is the acknowledgment of Jesus Christ as the Son of God, hence the Word of God made flesh. and in that acknowledgement one is born of the Holy Spirit in to the Life of Christ, who has restored to us that Life that was "lost" with Adam and Eve.

though your observations many be accurate of those who call themselves Christian, rest assured no one is Christ's unless he be called.

20. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

Universe have exist 11.000 ages and earth max 6000 ages. :beer: :beer:

- - - Updated - - -

Science isn't my Believe.

21. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

I CAN notning in science. So science lives matters.

:rock_slayer:

22. DennisTate

What about the idea of God organizing a nearly infinite number of Big Bang events over eternity in the past?

http://www.near-death.com/reincarnation/experiences/mellen-thomas-benedict.html#a05

23. Dirty Rotten Imbecile

Dirty Rotten Imbecile Well-Known Member

I do have an opinion on the following of arbitrary rules.

I studied the bible a bit and I am convinced that the main point of the Christian scriptures, escpecially the gospels was that people treat each other kindly, with forgiveness and with humility.

There are many Christians I have known who are like that. There's are also many who are more concerned with the image of being a Christian and demonstrate their Christianity by following rules whether it's not cutting their hair, only wearing a dress, notbeating pork or whatever. It's a way of taking the easy way out.

There are some who are kind and forgiving and charitable who also follow these rules to express their faith and that's ok too.

It's when that attitude of generosity and kindness is missing that people see, like such hypocrites.

24. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned