Russia's 'probing.'

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by Brett Nortje, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

A while ago, russia annexed a portion of ukraine, and there was such a fuss. since then, there has been no problem at all, only a little moaning. there was very little fighting, and, this brings me to a new idea; unifying eastern europe.

It used to be that russia 'owned' all the united soviet states - see how i tried to make it sound like the united states of america? - then they could pursue a new capitalist united states?

The reason the soviet states wanted out was because of poverty - they gained their liberty, yes? now, russia has such a huge military, and, engages in democracy, yes? why not unify once more? lots of these people speak russian and have russian heritage, so the transition would be quick and easy, of course.

When you compare this alternative to war, yes? think of al those people dying, all that lack of food and medicine, think of all the time and resources wasted? why not have a new soviet block? this greater state would bring security, would avoid the need for such large armies and many other good things a political economist would be able to raise as pros, and i cannot see any bad points yet.

2. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

How about freedom and national sovereignty for a start?

Eastern Europe had no choice but to submit to Soviet domination, and tens of thousands died over the decades trying to get simple freedoms (like having a labor union). And when the USSR finally collapsed, they all fled and did not look back.

And now Russia is trying to take them back one at a time, and you are fine with that?

3. AGWisFAKEsillyBABYKILLERS

AGWisFAKEsillyBABYKILLERS Well-Known Member

1 step closer to 1 world government wiping out the sovereignty of these countries..

4. Brett Nortje

Better that than war, no?

5. Mushroom

No, it is not.

If that is the case, then we should have left Italy, Germany and Japan alone during WWII.

After all, what is a few dozen million killed if it can avoid war.

6. Brett Nortje

Are you suggesting that all these countries go back to communism, or, are you saying that someone is going to die?

7. Mushroom

Tell you what.

If you want to have a discussion, we can have a discussion. Feel free to let me know when you want to respond with more than 1 sentence responses.

I have absolutely no interest in participating in a Monty Python skit.

8. Brett Nortje

I am not trying to be funny, it is that there is a new form of government than communism and there is only wars far from russia. bombing iraq will be where they are improving their image - they may be ruthless, but they are not pro terrorism, are they? if everyone fell behind the new capitalist curtain, there would be a greater nation, if you ask me.

9. Mushroom

Totalitarianism is totalitarianism. Does not matter what you call it.

"Only wars far from Russia". Yea, other than the Ukraine, Maldovia, Abkhazia, Georgia, Tajikistan, Chechnea (2 times), Caucus, Ukraine...

Need I go on?

Invading other nations for territorial gain is never acceptable. Period.

And I am not accusing you of being funny at all. What I find you is disturbing and disgusting. I not only want nothing to do with totalitarianism, I will fight it in every way I can.

10. Strasser

Strasser Banned

Many of those states are even more corrupt than Russia; just because some state is smaller and weaker doesn't automatically make them more moral or principled, any more than merely being in some minority group automatically endows somebody with special moral standing or principle. Most successful 'revolutions' are those by the middle class and upper classes, not the lower classes; the latter end up mostly being butchery and anarchy, and far worse than those they overthrew.

11. Strasser

Strasser Banned

Why would anybody be concerned about the sovereignty of those states? Nothing there for us to fight a war over. They were Hitler fans, major ones; screw them, and that goes for Poland, too.The only exception in the entire area I would make is for Hungarians.

12. zoom_copter66

zoom_copter66 Well-Known Member

Reason being is that they dominated by the Soviets which wasn't something to brag about, so being " liberated" by Hitler was almost like salvation.

13. Baff

Baff Well-Known Member

You might want to ask yourself exactly what it was those people did that caused Russia to deny them the freedom to do it again.

The word "genocide" springs to mind.

Now after the fall of the Soviet Union, a good number of people, did look back. Did seek to re-join with Russia.
    Those who had been artificially nationed with their genocidal oppressors typically. Ukraine, Georgia.
    Drawing a line on a map does not a nation make.

Others, just wanted the Russian money. The Chechens for example. They are dependents. Unable to make it on their own.

And even in countries like Poland and Romania, public opinion was and still is divided. A western friendly government may not represent it's people any more than an EU friendly government did not here.