IRS should release Trump's tax returns

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Ronstar, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

The IRS has all of Trump's tax returns.

They could release them tomorrow.

Some patriotic employee could find them and release them to Wikileaks.

All it takes is one brave man or woman.

The info these returns provide, could shed light on Trump and his connections to Russia.

2. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

I don’t see what would be patriotic about an IRS employee illegally releasing anyone’s tax returns to the public domain. If they’ve seen evidence of criminality they could legitimately release them to the appropriate authorities and possibly publish details as a whistle-blower only if the authorities don’t take appropriate action but there’s zero indication that’s the case for Trump.

I don’t see how his tax returns would reveal anything about “connections to Russia” that aren’t already in the public domain. Business links will already be public from the businesses accounts and any other links wouldn’t be immediately apparent from tax returns.

Clearly there is a reason Trump didn’t follow the trend of Presidential candidates releasing their tax returns but I suspect that’s entirely political in that he wealth allows him to declare zero or near-zero income for tax purposes and live off capital gains which are taxed at a lower rate and benefit from rebates due to the low income. I strongly suspect that was his primary reason for turning down the Presidential salary. He’ll be far from alone in doing this though and it’s all perfectly legal (if controversial) so in itself wouldn’t legally justify any kind of leaking of his tax returns.

3. BillRM

BillRM Well-Known Member

It does not matter anymore as his actions day by day is proving he is totally unfit to be president and adding in his tax records would give us little more understanding of this child/man that is now president.

Hell it is being reports today even on fox news that US intelligence officials had come to the same conclusion as I had and are not trusting the man with some intelligence reports for fear they will fall into unfriendly hands.

The US and the world is in one hell of a mess.

4. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

Good luck finding any government cubicle rat that's willing to risk their job and pension to make you happy. Nobody cares about Trumps tax return but a fringe of the left that thinks they can make some political hay out of it. The election is over, Trump won.....get over it.

5. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

Personally, I rather see Obama's college records.

6. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

Sue him and subpoena them, Mr. Brave Man.

7. therooster

therooster Banned

Another fine example of Democrats doing anything at all , laws , morality, nothing is sacred and nothing matters. They lost and they think Trump supporters are dirt .

8. Pred

Pred Well-Known Member

Harvard should release Obama's college transcripts too=)

Publius_Bob likes this.
  9. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

An independent assessment by a tax professional might give some insight (though I still don’t think it would reveal anything surprising). If the records were just leaked, that wouldn’t happen though. It would be descended on by a mass of hacks and armchair experts to be twisted, spun and outright lied about to meet all sorts of predetermined political and/or financial motives (both for and against Trump). Any of us without the expertise to understand the intricacies of the tax records wouldn’t actually know anything new.

10. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

So you support more law breaking?

11. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump's running the IRS now or didn't you hear? Elections have consequences people should hope he doesn't use the IRS for political advantage like his predecessor.

12. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

thats only if IRS personnel choose to follow his orders.

13. An Old Guy

An Old Guy Well-Known Member

And I'd like to see Trump's....and his tax records as well. Interesting isn't it, you want to see what just about no one else has ever provided, college transcripts (and for a guy no longer in office) and I want to see what every other presidential candidate going back decades has provided - tax records. And the only person not providing tax records is the buffoonish pathological liar, Donald J Trump. You can't make this stuff up........

14. YouLie

YouLie Well-Known Member

Maybe there's another Obama holdover that will break the law again for you. I think the IRS should release YOUR tax returns, because you're politically different than me. How do you like that?

15. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yes, we need to find out if anyone is being paid by Soros to post anti-Trump rhetoric.

16. yardmeat

yardmeat Well-Known Member

The tax returns could potentially turn up something of public interest. The college records are just another wild goose chase for those gullible enough to fall for all of that birther nonsense.

17. Russ103

Russ103 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why is he obligated to release them? He didn't avoid paying taxes, he paid the bare minimum required by law, as do I, and I'm willing to bet you as well.

Unless you pay more then you absolutely have to to the IRS, you have no high ground to stand on.

18. YouLie

YouLie Well-Known Member

I want to know what did Obama know, and when did he know it. It was HIS intelligence people that surreptitiously recorded (without minimizing, as required by law) a US citizen, and for political gain. It's bigger than Watergate. How do you like that, Dan Rather?

19. An Old Guy

With this line of reasoning I'm sure Trump loves you, LOL. Even though it isn't a "law" why is it that all candidates for president since Nixon have released their tax returns? Care to guess? Let me help you, it is entirely about Nixon and his income tax shenanigans - and we wouldn't have known if an IRS employee didn't fall on his sword and blow the whistle publicly. Ever since then Americans want to know about income (amounts, types & sources) FICA and income taxes paid (amounts, types, rates), charitable donations, types of deductions and so on. It goes entirely to character....and to "square up" what the candidate is saying i.e. promises & concerns for ordinary Americans to his or her own reality. Trump is the only candidate since Nixon to not make his taxes public and I am NOT surprised at all - I'm pretty darn sure if he did, a big chunk of his supporters would vanish into thin air. Trump is very fortunate that his supporters care very little about his character. Most of us do care however, which is why I want to see the windbag's taxes.

BTW, his saying he can't release his taxes because they "are under audit" is just another Trump lie. No one, including the IRS, would stop him from releasing what he submitted to the IRS.

20. rahl

rahl Banned

why?

21. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

So you'd love to see a public servant break the law and face criminal charges and jail terms? Why don't you apply for the job and get back to us after you've done the deed?

22. Russ103

Russ103 Well-Known Member Past Donor

You're rambling on about a dead president that is completely irrelevant.

If Trump broke a law, there is no question that the IRS would have gone after him with the force of a meteor.

Are you suggesting he broke any law(s)? If not, it's completely irrelevant

23. An Old Guy

Edit to remove, absolutely no point....

24. Object227

Object227 Well-Known Member

Candidates are free to release their own tax returns. The IRS cannot release anyone's tax returns. My financial affairs are all private and this right to privacy is universally applicable. There are no exceptions in the law to the right to privacy. It's no different than voting. The government cannot release an individual ballot from an election but I am free to say who I voted for all I want.

25. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

Some people say the chosen ones have been kicked out of 109 nation's throughout history because everyone in the history of the world are naziswhowanttokillsixmillionjews.

That's what some people say.