Trump's rambling rhetoric

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Sandy Shanks, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Sandy Shanks

Sandy Shanks Banned

Below are excerpts from Trump's press conference on Thursday. He should be commended for taking on all comers, but his rhetoric was rambling, schizophrenic, and very disturbing considering the fact that he is our President. His words are in italics.

But much of it is not a - the distortion — and we’ll talk about it, you’ll be able to ask me questions about it. But we’re not going to let it happen, because I’m here again, to take my message straight to the people. As you know, our administration inherited many problems across government and across the economy. To be honest, I inherited a mess. It’s a mess. At home and abroad, a mess. Jobs are pouring out of the country; you see what’s going on with all of the companies leaving our country, going to Mexico and other places, low pay, low wages, mass instability overseas, no matter where you look. The middle east is a disaster. North Korea - we’ll take care of it folks; we’re going to take care of it all. I just want to let you know, I inherited a mess.

Mike Flynn is a fine person, and I asked for his resignation. He respectfully gave it. He is a man who there was a certain amount of information given to Vice President Pence, who is with us today. And I was not happy with the way that information was given.

He didn’t have to do that, because what he did wasn’t wrong — what he did in terms of the information he saw. What was wrong was the way that other people, including yourselves in this room, were given that information, because that was classified information that was given illegally. That’s the real problem.

And, you know, you can talk all you want about Russia, which was all a, you know, fake news, fabricated deal, to try and make up for the loss of the Democrats and the press plays right into it. In fact, I saw a couple of the people that were supposedly involved with all of this — that they know nothing about it; they weren’t in Russia; they never made a phone call to Russia; they never received a phone call.

Well the leaks are real. You’re the one that wrote about them and reported them, I mean the leaks are real. You know what they said, you saw it and the leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake.

We got 306 because people came out and voted like they’ve never seen before so that’s the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan.

To disclose all the misrepresentations in his press conference would take a long time. I will attempt to be brief. In attempting to describe the "mess" our country is in he failed to mention Russia and the spy ship 30 miles of our coast. We have enjoyed 75 straight months of job growth.

Trump told reporters what Flynn did wasn't wrong. A private citizen effecting American foreign policy with an enemy power then lying about it to the Vice-President isn't wrong? According to Trump, what Flynn did was not a crime. Those that provided the truth committed a crime. That does not make sense.

"The leaks are real" but the news about them is fake? That does not make sense.

Trump was angered about the leaks. However, during the election campaign he supported them. He even encouraged them. In July, he said, "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

That he got the most electoral votes since Reagan is simply false.

With his arrogant insults Trump managed to anger nearly every news outlet in the room. Even conservative news sources were disturbed by Trump's charges. That is a very unwise course of action for a President to make.

2. Sandy Shanks

Sandy Shanks Banned

Trump held court during a news conference that lasted an hour and fifteen minutes, carving out a stunning moment in modern American political history. He displayed a sense of anger and grievance rarely vented by a President in public -- let alone one who has been in office for just four weeks.

"I have never seen more dishonest media, frankly than the political media," Trump said, later slamming leaks to the press from the intelligence community -- some of which led to the resignation of national security adviser Michael Flynn.

"The leaks are real. The leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake," Trump said.

3. Eyeswideopen1989

Eyeswideopen1989 Banned

The news is dishonest

4. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

It's unwise for a president who is constantly attacked and falsely smeared by the lying, corrupt fake news mass media to tell them to (*)(*)(*)(*) off??? Why? (*)(*)(*)(*) the mass media. Praticuarlly CNN.

5. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

Way to butcher it, worst editing job ever. Trump looked to me to be full of good humor and enjoying himself immensely, like little rabbit foo-foo with a whole room full of field mice and no fairy.

6. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Yesterday while watching CNN, Don Lemon had a psychiatrist on the show, Professor Allen Frances, one of the contributors to the DSM IV, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. There has been talk that Trump suffers from NPD, narcissistic personality disorder.

I liked Dr. Frances response in an open letter to the NY Times:

[FONT=&quot]Mr. Trump causes severe distress rather than experiencing it and has been richly rewarded, rather than punished, for his grandiosity, self-absorption and lack of empathy. It is a stigmatizing insult to the mentally ill (who are mostly well behaved and well meaning) to be lumped with Mr. Trump (who is neither).[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, times new roman, times, serif]So let's just stick to the reality that Trump is just a very bad hombre, okay?[/FONT]

7. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

My immdiate response to any Psychiatrist engaged in such a farcical, to say nothing of politically driven endeavor, would be physician heal thyself.

8. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

"The leaks are real. The leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake," Trump said.

This is stunning. It's also totally devoid of logic. But it is a phrase which now defines Trump.

9. mitchscove

mitchscove Well-Known Member Donor

A thing of beauty. He should have identified the 25 worthless Democrat Senators --- obstructionists who will be begging to continue their obstruction for another 6 worthless years. It's never too early to work on the first Republican Supermajority in almost 90 years

10. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

The BBC was obsessing and taking the (*)(*)(*)(*) out of him on Today this morning surprise, surprise. :roll: In fact the press conference consisted of 13 minutes or so of intro, and the other hour and a bit was in taking mostly hostile questions - and I always think he comes across as very statesmanlike.

The shills ain't gonna like that! [​IMG]

11. Bowerbird

Bowerbird Well-Known Member

He has basically affirmed by these words and with his Twit err I mean Tweet that the leak is correct Flynn did behave illegally but somehow he is still trying to shift that into "fake news"

The man has mononeuronis asynapsis

Mono = 1
    Neurone = brain cell
    A = without
    Synapse = connection

12. Stevew

Stevew Well-Known Member

That is what happens when people watch Dr. Phil and think he has an ability to know someone in a hour long TV show as well. Trump actually gave several examples of the difference between the "leaks are real" and the reporting of the "fake news."

You people missed the whole point of President Trump's press conference if you let the media or anyone filter what was said. It will go down in history as one of the most important press conferences in U.S. history. If you didn't watch the entire PC, then you won't understand what the point was. One of the first things he said was that he was speaking directly to the people.

But why take my word for it? I would rather dems and media keep doing what they are doing and keep losing MORE elections in the future.

Steve

13. Diuretic

In the specific context of the leaking of the info about Flynn and the fake news, can you please explain the logic?

14. Stevew

Stevew Well-Known Member

Why should I? You've already made up your mind anyway. I honestly don't know what your news sources are telling you but Trump made it clear Flynn was simply doing his job, nothing that breaks the laws. But Flynn's conversation was CLASSIFIED, and leaked to the media. That is illegal and will be dealt with in the future.

Watch the whole press conference.

Steve

15. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Were you watching Family Guy?

- - - Updated - - -

Truth sucks, don't it?

16. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Well-Known Member Past Donor

What a little snowflake he is.
    He is the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on the US.

17. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

PRESIDENT TRUMP, twisting liberals panties in a knot 24/7. Keep it up..........

18. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

No, it will go down in history as Dr.Seuss for grown-ups.

19. Diuretic

Thanks Steve. Flynn's conversation was classified. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that it shouldn't have been leaked, I think. I still can't get my head around the fake news aspect though. If it happened then that stands for itself. I don't see that as being fake news. The leak, well, someone went off piste but hey it happens. If Flynn had been verballed I would understand the outrage, but an actual conversation that really happened was leaked. It wasn't made up or he'd still be in a job eh? If Flynn had simply been doing his job then why would he need to lie about the conversation?

20. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

Stop and think for a minute, if there was anything criminal in the conversation why not actually produce the criminal section? They haven't produced it because it doesn't exist.

21. Diuretic

Maybe his quitting had something to do with that. I mean, if he'd done nothing wrong why did he quit? And why did Trump accept his resignation?

22. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

Sorry standard business practice you lie to your superior and are dumb enough to get caught you're done.

23. Stevew

Stevew Well-Known Member

It remains to be seen as to whether Flynn's conversation included anything illegal. Since it is illegal to leak classified information, I seriously doubt an in-depth written statement of what he said will be forth coming by the media or anyone else that leaked it. So the media was given the chance to pick and choose what they believed to be said, aka "fake news." Trump didn't like Flynn's back tracking on his statements to VP Pence, is why he asked for Flynn's resignation. We can't have people of trust in a position of security that aren't completely forthcoming about their discussions. It's sad and bad for us when these circumstances occur.

Steve

24. Diuretic

Of course. But what was the lie?

- - - Updated - - -

Then Flynn was sacked for what?

25. Stevew

Stevew Well-Known Member

Now you're making me repeat myself. Read it again. Flynn was an experienced military intelligence officer and it was very likely SOME people in intel didn't like him and leaked partial truths to the media, not an in-depth written statement, leaving the media to speculate about Flynn's conversation. Then Flynn back-tracked in statements to VP Pence. Trump found that unsatisfactory especially in today's hyper politically biased media. Trust is important to Trump, as it should be for any prez. Why is that difficult to understand?

Steve