+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Trump's immigration policy could hurt U.S. farmers, but there is a solution...

1. Default

I love people who say that prisoners have a sweet deal other than not having their freedom. Yeah like having to watch your back every minute of the day is a really sweet deal.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana75 View Post
    Sure I have, although it's completely irrelevant to this topic. You stated that maybe we should have them work for the farmers, but most of what yall refer to as corporate welfare are in the form of tax breaks, tax cuts, or subsidies for oil exploration etc. Asking prisoners to put in a days work seems to be causing some outrage and offending some of you.
    no it doesnt. my point, if we are going to hold one group accountable, we hold all others equally, irrelevant of status

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Angrytaxpayer View Post
    We have thousands upon thousands of low level criminal infesting our prisons. Put them to work and on the payroll. It'll keep BILLIONS of US dollars in the US and these criminals will earn money and save the taxpayers a ton of money as well. Of course I'm sure the 'brown shirt' liberals and ACLU will scoff at this. But then again that's why this country has gotten so weak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmGXnwK2J4M
    We don't need prison labor to replace criminal illegal aliens. It's just another lie that we have to have them for ag labor. Less than 2% of our crops are hand-picked now, and automation is progressing nicely for that as well. We don't need to be handing out green cards, either, for any job description, including tech jobs.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...silence-fields

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Horses View Post
    I love people who say that prisoners have a sweet deal other than not having their freedom.
    I don't love them, they're full of (*)(*)(*)(*) and probably tortured kittens for fun as children, but the dire need for prison reforms is another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrytaxpayer View Post
    Yeah well every time I discuss this with a leftist in person they all cry "Slave labor!!"
    At least that type of "slave" labor is still legal.
    Obama's worldview is that terrorism is a symptom of global inequality, caused by capitalism. That is why the left believes climate change is responsible for Islamic terrorism. By controlling climate change, they can control capitalism, which will inevitably bring the richer countries down to the level of poorer countries, which will fix the issues of inequality, which they believe will end terrorism.~Brewskier

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Strasser View Post
    We don't need prison labor to replace criminal illegal aliens. It's just another lie that we have to have them for ag labor. Less than 2% of our crops are hand-picked now, and automation is progressing nicely for that as well. We don't need to be handing out green cards, either, for any job description, including tech jobs.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...silence-fields
    After reading that article it seems there's a perfect argument for using prison labor. And I'm surprised the libs aren't up in arms about the way those foreign 'slave laborers' are treated. But I guess as long as it's not in their backyard if they don't see it, it didn't happen....
    President Donald J Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrobster View Post
    no it doesnt. my point, if we are going to hold one group accountable, we hold all others equally, irrelevant of status
    Not even close. You are comparing tax breaks to corporations that sell goods and employ citizens to prisoners.

8. Default

Not even close. You are comparing tax breaks to corporations that sell goods and employ citizens to prisoners.
    corporations do get help in financial terms, and why should corporations only get tax breaks, if they get special treatment, we all should

- - - Updated - - -

corporations do get help in financial terms, and why should corporations only get tax breaks, if they get special treatment, we all should

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910