+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Trump's immigration policy could hurt U.S. farmers, but there is a solution...

Quote Originally Posted by polski View Post
    That's a very good point.

Make it legal, tax it, & remove the criminal element from it.
    Give treatment to those that want it, paid for from your tax revenue.

You would start to close prisons.
    Nancy Reagan's just say no....doesn't appear to be working.
    Heroin OD's are everywhere, cities & rural area's.
    And the private prison industry and the judges and politicians they have bought would fight tooth and nail against it.
    sputterman: "Aiding the enemy? If the truth aids the enemy then we are in the wrong war."

Me: "When the people who teach our children, protect us from fires and criminals, save our lives when we're injured, and defend us with their very lives make less in a year than a guy who throws a ball for a living makes in an hour, there is something truly (*)(*)(*)(*)ed up with our country."

My Latest Mood: Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Questerr View Post
    Why not just decriminalize drugs and have the mommy state stop regulating was people do with their bodies?

But no, the private prison corporation will pour billions of dollars into the pockets of politicians to prevent that from happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Another Rightwinger who thinks freedom is so worthless that losing it is a "sweat deal".
    The sweet deal is breaking the law and then getting taxpayers to fund your entire existence not only room and board but free medical and the huge cost to keep your worthless criminal ass out of society.
    If your response to me is couched in insults and is derogatory and juvenile in nature don't expect a reply.
    THINK

3. Likes Louisiana75 liked this post
  4. Default

The private prison industry IS. The spend millions upon millions of dollars every year lobbying against deciminalization.

Not because of any belief that drugs are that dangerous, but because decriminalizing drugs hurts their profits.
    How would that hurt someone's profits if their job is to pay a handful of prisoners to farm crops?
    Pick up your rope and follow me, Air Assault infantry.
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" -COL Sanders

Courage is not being fearless. It's doing the feared. REAPER 1/50

Tom Brady is officially the greatest QB of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer View Post
    The sweet deal is breaking the law and then getting taxpayers to fund your entire existence not only room and board but free medical and the huge cost to keep your worthless criminal ass out of society.
    Yeah, what a sweat deal! No freedom whatsoever, (*)(*)(*)(*)ty food, constant threats of violence, no privacy, medical care that would be considered third world outside of prison. What isn't there to love?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySoldier View Post
    How would that hurt someone's profits if their job is to pay a handful of prisoners to farm crops?
    If private prisons no longer have prisoners, how do they make a profit?
    sputterman: "Aiding the enemy? If the truth aids the enemy then we are in the wrong war."

Me: "When the people who teach our children, protect us from fires and criminals, save our lives when we're injured, and defend us with their very lives make less in a year than a guy who throws a ball for a living makes in an hour, there is something truly (*)(*)(*)(*)ed up with our country."

6. Default

Yeah, what a sweat deal! No freedom whatsoever, (*)(*)(*)(*)ty food, constant threats of violence, no privacy, medical care that would be considered third world outside of prison. What isn't there to love?

- - - Updated - - -

Drugs are not the only minor offenses that put someone in prison. And all drugs will never be legal. Some will be decriminalized, but there will always be illegal drugs- thus prisoners.

Drugs are not the only minor offenses that put someone in prison. And all drugs will never be legal. Some will be decriminalized, but there will always be illegal drugs- thus prisoners.
    Not enough to keep private prisons in business.

8. Default

Not enough to keep private prisons in business.
    That's a 50/50 guess.

That's a 50/50 guess.
    No it's not. Private prisons make most of their money from keeping low level drug prisoners.

My Latest Mood: Cheerful

- - - Updated - - -

"If you can't do the time don't do the crime"
    If your response to me is couched in insults and is derogatory and juvenile in nature don't expect a reply.
    THINK

11. Default

No it's not. Private prisons make most of their money from keeping low level drug prisoners.
    Yes, coke head and crack heads. Two drugs that will never be legal.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/dofp12.pdf

This is in regards to federal prisons, so obviously private prisons are another story. However, coke and crack are the more serious problem with repeat offenders in any prison. That crap will never be legal.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast