Living in Colorado.

Discussion in 'Member Casual Chat' started by SiNNiK, Feb 17, 2017.

1. SiNNiK

SiNNiK Well-Known Member

If you could move to Colorado, where would you go?

Looking to relocate.

2. Buttons

Buttons Banned

Pueblo

3. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

Depends on what you like and your finances. Are you a rural or urban guy? If I were moving to Colorado I'd personally try to move into one of those houses in the mountains in Woodland Park. Absolutely beautiful scenery and Woodland Park is a small town that has everything you need.

But Colorado has communities for everybody. Big city in Denver, medium city in Colorado Springs, smaller city in Pueblo, and loads of towns dotted all over the state from mountainous communities to flat plains communities.

4. SiNNiK

SiNNiK Well-Known Member

I'm into mountain bikes and the wife is into kayaks. Looking forward to being able to toss my bike in the back of a truck and catch a ride to the top of the mountain and just riding my bike down. I normally gravitate towards government IT/Help Desk jobs. Not sure how much employment opportunities there are in Pueblo for me, but will certainly look into it.

Thanks. :)

5. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

Well Pueblo is about an hour and half drive to the mountains if I remember correctly. It's been about 6 years since I've lived in Colorado. As far as kayaking goes there's plenty of nice reservoirs all over the state as well as lakes and rivers. The Pueblo Reservoir is a nice recreational park with all of the amenities you'd expect. I spent many weekends camping down there. You'll never run out of trails for your biking hobby though. Driving up the Pikes Peak trail and riding your bike down is pretty common, I've seen loads of people doing that. Just pay attention to the signs on the mountain trails, there's a few places where only motor vehicles are allowed for safety reasons once you get pretty deep in the mountains. The park ranger folks don't want you exhausting yourself on a bike and passing out up there off the beaten path. You'd be surprised how much that high elevation actually does effect you until you get used to it.

You may find more luck with your career choices in Colorado Springs. There are a bunch of small towns all around the Springs so you don't have to live in the city if you don't like. It'll also put you closer to the mountains than Pueblo, but there are less kayaking spots there I think.

Good luck, I think you'll love Colorado.

6. SiNNiK

SiNNiK Well-Known Member

Just found Palmer Park northeast of Colorado Springs, looks like my kind of place!

[video=youtube;9tOwjMRfQlE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tOwjMRfQlE[/video]

Thanks!