Trump cites (fake) attack in Sweden

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Can't beat them with facts?

No problem just make something up.

That appears to be what Trump did during his campaign stop last night, exhorting the crowd to look what happened in Sweden on Friday night.

Sadly, nothing appears to have happened in Sweden on Friday night. No terrorist attack, no made up rape stats, no new Lisbeth Slander books. Nothing.

So what on earth is the president talking about? Or does it not matter? Do the folks at his "rallies" simply enjoy hearing random locations throwing out in a fit of what appears to be anti Muslim nonsense? Or is this president seriously so inept he has no idea what is happening in the world?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nald-trump-sweden-attack-carl-bildt/98127056/

President Trump is taking ridicule for commenting this weekend on a terrorist attack in Sweden — because there wasn't one.

"Sweden? Terror attack? What has he been smoking? Questions abound," tweeted former Swedish prime minister Carl Bildt, a frequent social antagonist of Trump.

In claiming a link between refugees and terrorism, Trump told a political rally in Melbourne, Fla., on Saturday: "You look at what's happening in Germany. You look at what's happening last night in Sweden ... Sweden ... who would believe this? Sweden, they took in large numbers, they are having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening Brussels, you look at what's happening all over the world."

Bowerbird likes this.
  2. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Typical Trump.. He NEVER bothers with facts.

Bowerbird likes this.
  3. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm sure the Swedes are aware of the dangers associated with Islamic terrorism. They don't need Trump lecturing them on it he needs to worry about his own country first.

4. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Banned

What I find extremely amusing is that morons in the media and some other morons still don't get that he is trolling them.

5. Think for myself

Is he?

I tend to disagree. I think that he needs to be adored, and one group he finds that adores him is anti Muslim bigots. By throwing them some red meat, they clap, his ego is satisfied for a moment, it is something of a symbiotic relationship.

6. Andrew Jackson

Andrew Jackson Well-Known Member

Just like Hitler "trolled" the Jews?

Margot2 likes this.
  7. Louisiana75

Louisiana75 Well-Known Member Past Donor

8. GraspingforPeace

GraspingforPeace Well-Known Member

9. Andrew Jackson

Andrew Jackson Well-Known Member

10. HTownMarine

HTownMarine Well-Known Member Past Donor

Did he say there was a terrorist attack?

Or that they have problems?

Because one isn't true, and one is.

11. GraspingforPeace

What I find extremely amusing is that people think that a troll deserves to be the President of the United States.

Margot2 likes this.
  12. Your Best Friend

Your Best Friend Well-Known Member

Invoking Hitler! Brilliantly done, like your analysis of the recent presidential race, no doubt. Look for those boxcars filled with journalists heading towards death camps any day now. :roll:

Terrorism is Sweden? What terrorism? What can Donald Trump be talking about? Deep thinkers like Chelsea Clinton and the always reliable USA Today (reliably biased), America's favorite motel based free newspaper, all claim Trump is off his rocker! Making up lies! Completely off base!
    Terrorism? We see no terrorism! http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...is-refugee-centre-florida-rally-a7588516.html

Just as in Obama's America, where "terrorism" did not officially exist, Swedish police officer Peter Sringare has become a national hero and center of a firestorm because he's dared to open his mouth and honestly discuss how Muslim refugee residents have created a hotbed of terrorism in Sweden which the government will not officially acknowledge for fear of being considered politically impolite.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...-immigrant-crime-ignites-nationwide-firestorm

Not surprisingly all the barking seals of approval here line up and clap their fins together in unison....problems? There are no problems!

13. Your Best Friend

So Trump was off on the date
    but I don't see you denying the charge that he made...Sweden, like many other European nations, has a problem with violent Muslims taken into
    their loving and caring bosom.

I rather think that's the more salient point.

14. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Correct, and here's the main problem in general; a failure to accept reality by leftists:

[​IMG]

15. Think for myself

No, he seemed to say "last night" not "on a Thursday last month in regards to a point I was not trying to make as the parties involved were completely different"

16. Louisiana75

I'm not sure what he was referring to if it wasn't that, he should be asked to clarify it. Maybe he misspoke, I, nor anyone, can say for sure to it's addressed.

17. Think for myself

That is hilarious! Do you think he would clarify, say what incident he is referring to?

18. Your Best Friend

I seem to recall my post referring to Donald Trump being incorrect as to the exact date of the problems mentioned in his comment. Have a look.
    I can't comment on the rest because your post in unintelligible after that.

19. GraspingforPeace

Yeah, I often confuse last month with yesterday, too...

:rolleyes:

The charge he made was that something happened in Sweden "yesterday" (now two days ago).

It's too bad Trump has zero ability to convey such salience. Look, everybody knows that radicalization of Muslims is a problem. But so is radicalization of Christians. Radicalization is the problem, period, and pointing out that these countries have "problems" is nothing other than fear-mongering to rile up his base. Hell, what he's doing is giving credence to the fanatical white nationalist movement. We know there are problems, now what does President Cheeto actually plan on doing about it other than beating his chest and foaming at the mouth? He was asked about the problem with increased anti-Semitism in our country and all he could talk about was how "bigly" he won the election.

20. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

This is perfect! This is fake news from ZeroHege. Look up Peter Sringare ..

21. PrincipleInvestment

PrincipleInvestment Well-Known Member

Maybe the real headline should have been more abot the fact that a day actually passed without Swedens media reporting some refugee committing an atrocity of some kind.

22. Louisiana75

Yes, clarify.

Unfortunately, sometimes the wrong things are said. Not that it's an excuse, just saying it happens. Sort of like America has 52 states, Hawaii is in Asia, or that "it was because of a video".

23. GraspingforPeace

Here's what's confusing me about your post. Your first link is describing a neo-nazi attack on Muslim refugees, but somehow you swing that into this being a problem with Muslim refugees.. Like, what?

24. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

:) I saw Rand Paul today trying to defend Trump's LIE about "Sweden last night"....Paul stumbled around and said ""well, something happened a year ago...blah, blah, blah.......""

I guess he doesn't know the difference between "last night" and "a year ago".......:roflol:

I wonder how long it will be before Repubs will get tired of defending blatant lies....

25. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Sweden had an act of terrorism several years ago before the Syrian refugees arrived.. You have bought into the lie. Further, there are NO no go zones in Sweden.