Will the Left ever acknowledge the difference between immigrants and illegal aliens?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Bow To The Robots, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Bow To The Robots

Bow To The Robots Banned at Members Request

It is true that ours is a nation of immigrants. And as a nation, we have the right to define our culture by requiring that individuals crossing our borders do so within the confines of our laws, and that they comply with them once they are granted entry.

The Left intentionally disavows the concept of an illegal alien so that it can point to those who believe in the rule of law and call them "anti-immigrant" and worse. When will they admit that they are full of BS by taking this position? Can anyone defend this position? The intental conflation of illegal aliens with immigrants is not only hypocritical and disingenuous, but is frankly a slap in the face to all who have come here legally and have been welcomed by he nation.

I predict that not one single member of this forum will be able to successfully defend this facile intellectual vapidity.

2. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

The left's irony is thick with this one considering they have an identifying label for everything under the sun except illegals, a label they refuse to acknowledge or even find offensive.

3. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm surprised Democrats haven't figured out how to tax illegals coming across the border but you know it's just a matter of time before they do.

4. Bow To The Robots

True. It is practically dissociative behavior wrapped in a patina of "tolerance."

- - - Updated - - -

Now why would they ever want to tax their favorite little pets?

5. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

The right loves illegals otherwise everify would be mandatory. But they won't even present a bill. You are being used

6. Sam Bellamy

Sam Bellamy Well-Known Member

Both sides use illegals. The left gets votes and the right gets cheap labor. Let's not pretend otherwise.

7. dadoalex

dadoalex Well-Known Member Past Donor

"Rule of Law?" Oh Abby. You do make me laugh.

Tell me oh Abagail, if a business is hiring illegals is the owner of the business more likely Republican or Democrat?

Yeah, that is one of those "inconvenient truths."

When TrumpCo, who I'm sure hires far more illegals than the average conglomerate, proposes and passes serious legislation criminalizing the hiring of illegals (e.g., a federal felony with serious jail time) I'll take his lines seriously.

Put Donny Jr. and a few Waltons in a federal prison and the problems will take care of themselves.

Till then, he's just fooling the weak minded. Yeah, Abagail, that means you.

8. Kode

Kode Well-Known Member

First tell me this: is it more important for you to find fault and argue, or to get to the truth on this?

Obviously my next response will depend on your answer.

9. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be GREAT if the wacky Right acknowledges the diference between an immigrant who by definition are legal and the illegal aliens who by definition are not legal.

Maybe the wacky left will do that right after the wacky right does it?

10. Bow To The Robots

The law already exists to go after employers who knowingly hire illegals. Unfortunately the law is rarely enforced. But that is not the topic of this thread.

11. Bow To The Robots

Agreed. However, that is not the topic of this thread.

12. US Conservative

US Conservative Well-Known Member Past Donor

Lefties can distinguish between like 50 different genders...but they can't see a difference between legal and illegal immigrants.

13. Sam Bellamy

Sam Bellamy Well-Known Member

True. I was responding to a few of the comments and not the thread topic itself. The point stands, but as to the thread topic, it is true. The left has used the term undocumented workers to avoid the fact they are here illegally.

14. Kode

Kode Well-Known Member

Ok all you righties, tell us what you feel is the correct way to deal with a person whom the government has allowed to be here for 25 or 30 years after crossing the border as a migrant farm worker whose green card expired long ago and who has committed no crime other than staying here.

15. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

I believe you would consider Obama part of the "left". Obama had thousands of Illegal Immigrants deported - which means the left DOES admit to the existence of -and deport - illegal immigrants. So I'm going to have to call BS on your OP.

16. Ph3iron

Ph3iron Banned

Here's a defense. Because at least Muslims here have better education and higher incomes than our high school white boys. They all contribute more to the economy than theaverageamerican. What's not to like ? And please don't bleat they take billions from welfare. That's garbage. Anybody wonder why they never post? It's because they are working, way harder than our average poster.

17. Ph3iron

Ph3iron Banned

Here's a false intellectual vapidity (why use one word when a blab will do). As I thought I posted Muslims have better education and income than our robot white high school boys. Immigrants contribute more to the economy ($300b net) than our high school white boys. What's not to like? And please don't quote garbage knees news about them ruining our welfare system. Us old white retired fart's take way more. "There are many ways to debate immigration, but when it comes to economics, there isn’t much of a debate at all. Nearly all economists, of all political persuasions, agree that immigrants — those here legally or not — benefit the overall economy. “That is not controversial,” Heidi Shierholz, an economist at the Economic Policy Institute, told me. Shierholz also said that “there is a consensus that, on average, the incomes of families in this country are increased by a small, but clearly positive amount, because of immigration.”
    Ever wonder why they don't post? They are working 10x harder than our postershere

18. Bow To The Robots

Well, Tiffany, the law already has provisions to go after employers who knowingly hire illegals. Unfortunately that law is rarely enforced. But that is not the topic of this thread now, is it, Tif?

19. Bow To The Robots

Ironic, isn't it?

20. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

The topic of the thread has already been disproven by the FACT the the Obama Administration deported thousands of illegal aliens, thus proving the fact they understand the term. Your OP is BS. End of story.

21. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

The gop refuses to enforce it

22. US Conservative

US Conservative Well-Known Member Past Donor

Its their globalist roots. Workers unite! :roflol:

23. Media_Truth

Media_Truth Well-Known Member

I'm LEFT, and I don't support illegal aliens. However, I think the National Guard might be a little extreme to handle this issue. I think if an American-owned business can vouch for an illegal, that perhaps an on-the-spot Green Card could be issued, on a case-by-case basis. Otherwise the actions could be too drastic, and weigh heavily on our Economy (i.e. Fruit Pickers in California).

24. Object227

Object227 Well-Known Member

So staying here is a crime? If it is, do you want the law that makes being or staying here illegal repealed or not?

25. Bow To The Robots

So let me get this straight... you're actually trying to make the claim that things like "day without an immigrant" are referring to legal immigrants and not illegal aliens. :roflol: