Why the Democratic Party has no future

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by US Conservative, Feb 19, 2017.

1. US Conservative

US Conservative Well-Known Member Past Donor

[video=youtube;47Yb8TQefeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Yb8TQefeM[/video]

For multiple reasons, Dems have a tough road ahead.

Obama is still the defacto head of the democrat party, and as I posted in the latest wikileaks article-state/local dems can't stand what he's done to the party.

Additionally, other democrat leaders seem more interested in how to take the party further left, which hurts the party with centrists.

Trump also did relatively well with minority voters compared to Romney, largely due to his strong stance on illegal immigration. See link for example... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_zy585vox0

Older lefty SCOTUS justices will be replaced with young Conservatives.

The influence of the media is also in decline, an impact which is likely to contribute to future losses.

2. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

In the long run, the Democrats win.

I know it may not seem like it now, when you consider how idiotic the Dems have been, and with historic losses all across the country, consider: Hillary, one of the most crooked major party candidates in the history of country, won the popular vote. On paper, you could not have put together a worse candidate but she still was almost President.

Demographics is destiny.

3. US Conservative

I disagree. Demographics, like the political landscape is subject to change.

And they are changing.

Remember, it wasn't that long ago that cuck republicans were saying even talking about illegal immigration was the kiss of death to republicans.

4. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

Television cable news is virtually dead in political relevance. Less than 5% of voters watch any cable news network.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes BUT "demographics" can change loyalty or cease being a monolithic block. Catholics USED to be a monolithic block in the Northeast. Baptists used to be a monolithic block in the South.

5. Lil Mike

That part of the Republican civil war is still ongoing. There are still plenty of Republicans who believe amnesty uber alles. The number of elected Republicans who think like Trump on immigration are in the minority.

6. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

I see a bright future for all former Democrat party workers. Baristas, car wash detailers, Outback restaurant hostesses just to name a few. The possibilities are endless.

7. Publius_Bob

Publius_Bob Active Member

More resignation letters forthcoming...

8. Publius_Bob

Publius_Bob Active Member

If Democrats are the long run future of the U.S., that will mean the decimation of the U.S. Constitution and the nation.

9. US Conservative

Another example of changing demographics-blacks used to reliably vote Republican. Thats within the lifetime of some forum members.

The constant is change.

10. US Conservative

Its not so much a civil war as its a restructuring. For years, republicans have claimed to be against illegal immigration, but were weak and reluctant to change anything.

Trump came along and said enough of this. As did TEA Party republicans that replaced these cucks slowly but surely over several elections.

The disconnect was between what the people wanted, and what their elected representation would do-and thats changing rapidly. The genie is out of the bottle.

And besides, its a relatively small schism compared to what democrats are experiencing right now.

11. Merwen

Merwen Well-Known Member

Yup.

All the jobs they think are just fine for the rest of us.

12. Lil Mike

Well Catholics ceased voting in a monolithic block after they assimilated and became middle class. That requires several generations.

13. Lil Mike

Well we're in decline right now so that's assumed that the US Constitution joins the dodo on the extinction list.

14. PrincipleInvestment

PrincipleInvestment Well-Known Member

Well you've hit upon the only viable solution left to a desperate, and fractured party. The "browning of America, as it's been dubbed. This is why the Dems demand amnesty for illegals, and resist tight border security. Dems are impatient, and can't bide their time until 2040 when whites presumably become the minority. Instead amnesty now for potentially millions of new voters.

15. Lil Mike

Again, I would disagree. Sure Democrats have made a series of bad decisions and are continuing to do so. And in the short term, that will hurt them badly, but long term, they still win. I guess I don't see what schism you see that among the Democrats that's worse then the situation the Republicans have right now, when probably a quarter of elected Republicans are in league with the Democrats to destroy the Trump Presidency, including most of the traditional Republican intellectual writers and thinkers. I don't recall the Democrats, at least in my lifetime, ever being in such open rebellion against their own party's President.

16. Conviction

Conviction Well-Known Member

I disagree with your analysis that democrats will ultimately win in contemporary politics. If Trump and the like are able to Americanize and invigorate the job force, all they need is a minor bump with minorities each election cycle.

17. US Conservative

I remember back in 2008 or so, George Carville saying it was all over for Republicans.

You are making the same mistake now.

18. slackercruster

slackercruster Banned

OP, you got it wrong.

Fascist dems, illegals, Mexicans, Muslims, homosexuals, mentally ill transgender people, legalize dope addicts, delusional young anarchists and baby killers will outnumber the reps in the near future and all vote with the fascist dems.

Look at the facts, not wishful thinking.

http://religionnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Religiosity-Graph1-1170x780.png

Break up the USA into 2 unions with separate prez and government while you can.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...the-second-amendment-right-bear-arms-20160613

Reps and dem states. White conservatives is on the decline. Fascist dem base is growing...fast!

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...one-supreme-court-justice-repeal-david-french

19. Lil Mike

We'll know in a couple of decades.

20. Lil Mike

Maybe, but you didn't respond to the points in my post, you seem to be whistling past the graveyard.

21. SillyAmerican

SillyAmerican Well-Known Member

On the face of it, your argument sounds reasonable. However, I think you missed a critical piece of information given in the OP's video clip: 30 states have a situation in which both the Governor and a majority of the Legislature are under Republican control. Let's let that sink in for a moment: 30 states under Republican control. That didn't happen overnight. And Democrats need to understand that they can win 100% of the vote in California, New York, and Massachusetts, and still lose the presidency. That is a very uncomfortable thought for the leadership of the Democratic party. And if the party continues to pull stunts like they did against Bernie Sanders, I think they will continue to alienate younger voters, and that can't be a good thing. I don't count the Dems out in the future, but I agree that they're going to have to make some fundamental changes to the way the party operates, and at the moment, I just don't see them being willing to do that.

22. Stevew

Stevew Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think democrats have a future at all.

* Their leadership average age is higher than ever
    * Their leadership is unwilling to make the changes required to move toward the center
    * They tend to think they are smarter than anyone else (that's a real killer)
    * Or similarly, they tend to think everyone is dumber than they are
    * They rely on old tactics to win elections
    * Most of their supporters are primarily older
    * The party itself doesn't have anything new to offer
    * Their current power is at 1929 levels
    * During elections they still heavily rely on identity politics
    * They have become the brown-shirts they accuse Republicans being stifling free speech and freedom of assembly.
    * And hypocritical

Even when you read some of the posts in the forum, dems often spew insults and invective words most often against Trump and "Trumpsters" rather than make reasonable arguments. I sometimes debate them and they don't even read what I wrote, or understand it. That tells me, they either don't understand, have no real argument, or they are so angry they can't think straight.

May the democrat party rest in peace, soon! :D

Steve

23. Lil Mike

It didn't happen over night but much of the growth occurred during the Obama administration, and if I would put the blame on Democratic losses on one issue, it would be Obamacare. It was consistently unpopular and the Dems insisted on doing it anyway, leading to a purging of of almost all of the redstate moderate Democrats. Naturally that was reflected on the state level too. Like I said, they made some really stupid decisions, but still almost one the Presidency.

24. BlackHogGranolaBrown

BlackHogGranolaBrown Banned

Judging by the majority of babies born in the U.S.A being non-Whites, and then looking at Millennials, it seems Republicans are doomed in the future.
    Trump might very well be the last Republican leader.

25. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

This very simple rule explains Democrats perfectly.
    The Louder and Nastier the Democrat the more in jeopardy their Party.
    For a host of reasons.
    This is not rocket science.More like simple magic.
    Like pulling a rabbit out a hat.
    Which is why The Liberal Lion,{ Teddy Kennedy } made the call way back in 2004
    about Obama.He's their guy.He will be the future of the Democrats.
    Because he's Black.He's a Liberal.He knows how to Lie with a straight face.
    And because he believes in shaming Americans.Rubbing their wounds in his
    kinda politics.It's formulaic.Like knowing how to pull a rabbit out a hat.