Rand Paul: US is 'lucky John McCain's not in charge'

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Robert, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member Past Donor

I am angry with John McCain. I did not favor him when he ran to be president yet voted for him as the only least hazard to the country person. I did not like it when he had lies published over George W. Bush prior to Bush defeating Gorel. I bit my tongue and voted for John post GW Bush. Obama was so bad there was no change I would vote for him.

McCain has been on his phone chatting with some pranksters who might be Russians or Ukrainians. They pretend to be the PM of Ukraine and it starts McCain blabbering like nobody else has.

Anyway, thus far no Democrat that I know of has attacked McCain for blabbing to pranksters. Wonder why not?

While this is by Rand Paul, seems he too is highly disgusted with McCain.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/19/rand-paul-us-is-lucky-john-mccains-not-in-charge.html

Merwen likes this.
  2. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I am beginning to think there is really something wrong with McCain's sanity. I could forgive that because of what he went through. God knows he suffered terribly and his body took such a beating he can't even raise his arms very high. I am thankful for his service but.....His political POV has really fragmented lately. Maybe it's time to go home...spend time with the family, etc., etc.

3. Media_Truth

Media_Truth Well-Known Member Donor

McCain is a voice of reason from a party that has gone off the deep-end. Hell, the Conservative hero, Reagan wouldn't even make it through a Republican Primary today.

4. Andrew Jackson

Andrew Jackson Well-Known Member

Given the state of Washington's current trainwreck (courtesy of the Trumpenfuhrer) I would much rather have McCain in charge.

Certainly, McCain wouldn't be my first choice as a Trump alternative--BUT, compared to the comedy of errors (and utter chaos) brought on by the current occupant of the White House, McCain seems to have the statesmanship of Winston Churchill.

5. US Conservative

US Conservative Well-Known Member Past Donor

Look who it is! How'd the election go last november? Didn't see you around after.

6. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

Rand Paul is right. McCain defines "American leadership" as threatening war everywhere. He defines "American weakness" as not being in a war. Any war is a good war as far as he's concerned. I'm actually glad he lost the election in '08. The man acts like he is truly losing it lately.

7. Merwen

Merwen Well-Known Member

Great. Vote him in and send your kids to war under him. There have been many indications in here that he was instrumental in the formation of ISIS.

Robert likes this.
  8. Robert

Maybe McCain has finally gone senile.

Part 1

[video=youtube;M_ejpEvMBH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ejpEvMBH4[/video]

Part 2

[video=youtube;Eqrw2vIvBv0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqrw2vIvBv0[/video]

9. Fred C Dobbs

Fred C Dobbs Well-Known Member Past Donor

It' really too bad what happened to this fine man. His speech seemed as though he was channeling Obama.

Robert likes this.
  10. Robert

It was bad that I felt forced to vote for McCain knowing how bad it was going to be should Obama win. And I was right that Obama was bad and now it seems McCain is equally as bad.

- - - Updated - - -

It takes some a lot longer to cry than it does others. Some heal rather quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Reagan was so fantastically great, he would top all others today.

11. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

The man is dangerous in his bellicose warmongering, and when I watched him on the campaign trail I got the distinct impression he was being driven by hysteria (as did Sanders, as a matter of fact). The sooner McCain retires from public office, the better.

Actually McCain wouldn't have been out of place in the cast of Dr Strangelove. :mrgreen:

12. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

I respect his service and sacrifice. But I've always had misgivings about him, yet I voted for him in '08. Looking back on it, I think it was the worst vote I ever cast, and if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't do it.

Yup. Sure miss him.

13. Thehumankind

Thehumankind Well-Known Member

McCain is a republican patriot, a soldier and became a POW,
    and Trump was not able to serve because he was in self induced illness because of his father's influence.
    I could see the difference, even though they are of the same camp.

14. Mr. Swedish Guy

Mr. Swedish Guy New Member

mccain has atleast served his country so he knows the seriousness of war. do you seriously believe that fat spoiled orangutan you call president would make better decisions?... trump mocks pows amd veterans while he himself dodged the draft as a rich brat. cant think of anything mpre disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

mccain has atleast served his country so he knows the seriousness of war. do you seriously believe that fat spoiled orangutan you call president would make better decisions?... trump mocks pows amd veterans while he himself dodged the draft as a rich brat. cant think of anything mpre disgusting.

15. ColdwarVet

ColdwarVet Active Member

McCain is an establishment POS. His "service" is highly dubious, considering the testimony of fellow POW's.

And what the he!! is a senator from Arizona doing in Germany? Serving his constituents?

16. PrincipleInvestment

PrincipleInvestment Well-Known Member

Because Trump didn't lock arms with iconic liberal anti war protesters, and spit in the faces of returning soldiers, he's somehow more disgusting than the tens of thousands who dodged service? Libs can't decide whether Nam was right or wrong, or whether draft dodgers are heroes or villains. McCain admitted to war crimes.

17. Media_Truth

Reagan did a good job at bringing the country together. But FOX News and other radical outlets have shifted the Republican Party off the map, and far to the right of Reagan conservative ideology. Reagan wasn't a bigot or racist. He had a very soft stance on firearms. He would be an outcast of the Party, similar to McCain.

18. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

McCain is and always has been a Hot Shot traitor.I have heard things about
    his stay at the Hanoi Hilton.His captors knew full well he was the son of an
    Admiral.I don't think he was this Big Brave captured POW.
    He certainly is a coward when it comes to his thin skin.
    He was scared silly to go up against Obama.Obama played him like a violin.
    McCain even balled-out Bill Cunningham { 7oo WLW Radio legend in Cincy,O.}
    when Cunningham was warming up a crowd for an appearance by McCain in 2008.
    Cunnungham kept calling Obama .... Barack HUSSEIN Obama.
    McCain scolded CunninghM for doing that.McCain is a DIP.
    Plus like Obama,McCain uses a trip abroad to discredit his foe { President Trump }.
    This McCain has big ego.Ever since Chris Matthews { Hardball } had McCain on
    regularly to offer his criticism of Presdient Bush.Matthews created the Moniker
    of Maverick for Little Johnny McCain.

19. Media_Truth

I ask you - who is the real traitor?
    McCain - Decorated war hero, former POW
    Trump - Draft dodger.

20. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

McCain has the statesmanship of Attilla the Hun and the reasoning skills of Don Quixote. :roflol:

21. Foolardi

McCain mise well just caucus with the Democrats.He basically thinks the same
    and votes the same.Like Susan Collins.McConnell needs to lecture them and
    discipline them off any committees.

22. Foolardi

McCain got into Annapolis on account his Father and Grandpa.
    He was a " Hot shot " show off his entire time at the Naval Academy.
    What part of the USS Forster disaster are you unfamiliar with.
    We don't know what kind of POW McCain is or was.
    But we do not one kind of Senator.He's an arrogant turncoat.
    Ask J.D. Hayworth what kind of Campaigner he is.

23. Robert

There is no way to compare McCain to Reagan. I don't mind your analysis but since i have been both a Democrat and post age 42 a Republican, I can't agree with some of it. I think Nancy would be more inclined to want humans to lose rights to gun control types.

Reagan explains gun control in ways but this is a direct quote.

"Much more recently a survey of 6000 law enforcement officers found that 80 percent fel gun control laws have no effect on crime and 83 percent believe criminals would benefit more than citizens from the banning of hand-guns. In other words, the laws would make it hard for the law abiding but not the criminal.

Reagan further asserts the a referendum to ban handguns was on the ballot in Liberal MA in 1976 and 3-1 it was voted down.

(Reagan in his own hand, pp 404)

24. Robert

It amuses me, since I got drafted, at whom Democrats call a draft dodger.

Trump was not unusual. The one who was unusual was Bill Clinton since he carried it much further than merely dodging the draft. He made a deal with an Army officer then boogied out on the deal. The officer had saved him from the draft and Clinton's reward was he fled to England. This is where the first reported rape happened by Clinton. Clinton is this nations only pardoned from a felony president. Democrats will go to their graves defending Clinton. Problem they have is they also attack others who had legal deferements. Clinton also had some legal deferements. Those never get attacked by Democrats.

25. Media_Truth

Reagan quotes:

“I think maybe there could be some restrictions that there had to be a certain amount of training taken.”

“This is a matter of vital importance to the public safety ... While we recognize that assault-weapon legislation will not stop all assault-weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals.”

“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”

“Certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited.”

“Well, I think there has to be some (gun) control.”