Trump.... what would turn supporters against him

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by ARDY, Feb 20, 2017.

1. ARDY

ARDY Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have a simple question. Will trump supporters circle the wangons to support him no matter what? Do supporters have any inviolable expectations of trump?

For instance... the wall has been projected to cost maybe 6 billion dollars and mexico will pay for it.... what if it costs 50billion and mexico does not pay. What if proposed tariffs simply increase product costs and that therefore we all pay for the wall?

What if the coal industry does not flourish an workers remain unemployed

What if the rust belt remains essentially unchanged, crime remains unchanged, the deficit swells, what if trump send troops to Syria, or provokes some new war.

2. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

i would like to think that concentration camps for Muslims would do it.

ordering the killing of terrorists' families.

arresting members of the media

starting a useless war with China

3. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

Well what would personally turn me against him would be him going back on his word to rebuild the military. That was the main selling point for me in my book. If he does a 180 and decides to continue on with Obama's downsizing and weakening policy then he'd lose my support. But all things point to him keeping his word so far and over the past few weeks I've personally seen and experienced the results of him seemingly keeping his word. So good on him.

Dayton3 likes this.
  4. Strasser

Strasser Banned

Most Trump voters I know could less about Trump personally; if all he did for the next 8 years was sun himself on the White House lawn that would be fine. Hes' not Hillary, and the same voters would just as easily move on to another candidate for the same sorts of reasons. It was never 'All About Trump' at all, it was about busting up the stagnant cycle set up for the benefit of the establishment, Democrat and Republican both.

Of course he's surpassed all expectations by actually attempting to do nearly everything he said he would, a very very pleasant surprise indeed.

The danger now is if Trump supporters ignore an action by the RNC to do what the DNC did in the 1980's when they implemented their 'Super Delegate Rule' to shut out the influence of their Party base, all those grubby proles and patriotic Americans, who kept upsetting them by not voting in their neo-liberal and 'globalist' hack criminals and PC nazis.

5. Andrew Jackson

Andrew Jackson Well-Known Member

From what I have seen, and given the delusionally blind loyalty that his supporters exhibit?

Well, something as mundane as killing their whole family and burning down their house would have little effect.

6. Conviction

Conviction Well-Known Member

What would turn democrats away from their party?

No access to safe spaces?

7. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

Why would that even be a question? He's doing a great job. That shouldn't even be on the radar.

What you need to be concerned about as the opposition is what can you do to stop him from accumulating more supporters. Because I assure you it's happening. That's your real problem.

8. Dayton3

Dayton3 Well-Known Member

If he does a bad job as president I will turn against him.

But.

I'm not turning against him for giving the media a severe pounding that has been overdue for decades or not allowing a few hundred immigrants into the country.

9. Andrew Jackson

This thread is about Trump supporters.

It isn't about Democrats. Quit deflecting.

If you can't stay on topic, I would suggest that you don't post.

That said, feel free to start a thread about Democratic loyalty.

It may be easier for you to stay on topic there.

Just a friendly suggestion.:salute:

10. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

Trump.... what would turn supporters against him?

Easy answer. The left needs to continue to call him names,march and burn things.

11. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

I didn't vote for Trump, I didn't vote for Clinton either. I detested both and still do. But as to the core supporters, nothing either can do that would turn their core supporters against them. If stupid and wrong things Trump has done came into play and his supporters actually cared he did somethings stupid and wrong, he wouldn't have been the GOP nominee.

It is the man they love, not what he does or doesn't. But each president has their own core supporters in which nothing they ever do will be held against them and their core supporters will defend them to the end. I would estimate researching the numbers, that Trump's core supporters are between 30-35% of all Americans and he will never drop lower than that. By contrast Obama's core supporters was around 41% give or take. Even Nixon had his core of supporters which was around 25% of all Americans at the time of his resignation.

Watergate didn't phase them. It was the Democrats in congress who were overthrowing a duly elected president. To Nixon's supporters his resignation was due to what they phrased, a silent coup. But a coup nonetheless. Each president or elected official has those who will never abandon them. The number varies per each individual president and or elected official.

Anything or support over a certain number which I classify as core supporters, is soft support. Soft support can also vary per each individual president or person. It is this soft support that can make or break a president or individual. Of course you will always have those in the opposite corner, who will always be against a president or individual regardless if they turn out to be the best thing since sex and peanut butter. This anti-support or always against also varies per president. If I have the number pegged for his core supporters between 30-35% of all Americans, those anti-Trump or always against him is around 40% to a bit above it. Of course there are also soft anti or against supporters just like soft for supporters.

12. Ronstar

many Trump supporters would support him no matter WHAT he does.

he could suspend the Constitution, ban the Supreme Court, deport all Muslims.

they would still support him.

13. Andrew Jackson

Kill their whole family, torture their pets, burn down their house, etc.

14. DOconTEX

DOconTEX Well-Known Member Past Donor

If he doesn't build the wall and keep throwing out illegal aliens. I really don't care what it costs, or who pays for it. I just want it done and stop the invasion.

If he starts accepting the premises of the "global warming" hoaxers.

If he stops criticizing the PC left and the dishonest biased MSM and starts trying to get them to like him like Republicans have done in the past. (I don't think there is much chance of this).

On the other hand, as someone has mentioned, what would get the crazy left Democrats to abandon their party? Murder some Trump supporters at their riots rather than just beat them up? If one of their riots resulted in major, Ferguson style damage to downtown LA or San Francisco? Evidence that the crazy left was conspiring with Iran to create an incident to help bring down Trump?

Load up the White House with explosives to blow it up? Some leftists have been dreaming of a coup d'etat and calling for it on Facebook and Twitter. Would you fall away because of that? Because those kinds of antics are causing independents to move to support of Trump in droves, according to recent polls.

15. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

If he keeps his campaign promises (to the extent Congress allows), we are good. If he starts a war in the Middle East or contributes in any way to send troops there other than to evacuate personnel, we have a problem. If some country attacks our mainland I expect him to pay them back in spades however.

16. TRFjr

TRFjr Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump will keep his support as long as the unhinged left with their lap dog media keeps on attacking him and his supporters

17. ARDY

A few questions if you do not mind

How has trump directly impacted your life?

How much added money would you want to spend on the military?

How do you see this added expense to actually benefit the USA? Imo we seem to be adaquately able to defend our nation already

18. Ronstar

Trump could kill a man on 5th Avenue and his supporters would still support him.

That's what Trump said.

19. ARDY

In other words trump has your unconditional support?

20. Ronstar

yes, just as Hitler and Stalin had

21. Andrew Jackson

Yup, Donny nailed it right there.

22. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

I would turn against Trump if he became Obama's third term. Since he's doing what he said he would do, you know, what we elected him for, I don't mind a few rookie mistakes and things like that. Agreeing to take in the Australian refugees upset me, but then he was honoring a deal made by someone else and maybe he felt obligated to live up to it. Now if he made his own deal to take in more....

23. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

He would lose my support if he turned into a neocon, neoliberal, like Hillary, McCain and the deep state.

24. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

Can confirm.

I refuse to accept that it was an innocent man who he shot. Trump wouldn't kill an innocent man.

25. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

I wish his constant lies and insanity would do it. His fervent support in spite of all that, with people choosing to call those calling him out on his lies the real liars instead, really alarms me. We have a fledgling dictator, and more than that, a fledgling popular dictatorial movement. He could shred the constitution, and as long as he's giving them what they want, they'd cheer him on. He pretty much tried it with his travel ban and got swatted down by the courts, and look at the reaction - attack the courts!