"Anti-Semitic" jokes cause YouTube, Disney to distance themselves from PewDiePie

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by ForumPoster, Feb 20, 2017.

1. ForumPoster

ForumPoster Banned

The Disney company, whose chairman and chief executive officer is the jew Bob Iger, and Youtube, which is owned by Google which was founded by the jews Larry Page and Sergey Brin, have decided to end their business ties with the extremely popular Youtube celebrity PewDiePie because he included an "antisemitic" joke in one of his videos:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ar-dropped-by-disney-over-anti-semitic-jokes/

What are your thoughts on this matter? Is it right or wrong of these companies to drop PewDiePie because he made some politically incorrect joke in his video? As always, all opinions are welcome.

2. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

From the article in the OP:

In the YouTube clip, a pair of South Asian men wearing costume loincloths held up a banner that read, “DEATH TO ALL JEWS.”

Kjellberg “showed a clip from a Hitler speech in a Sept. 24 video criticizing a YouTube policy, posted swastikas drawn by his fans on Oct. 15 and watched a Hitler video in a brown military uniform to conclude a Dec. 8 video,” the Journal reported. The newspaper also noted that he played the Nazi Party anthem in a Jan. 14 video before he bowed “to swastika in a mock resurrection ritual”; in a Feb. 5 video, Kjellberg gave a “very brief Nazi salute with a Hitler voice-over saying ‘Sieg Heil’ and the text ‘Nazi Confirmed.’

looks like they made the right decision.

such "humor", is way over the line.

3. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

this guy has posted a lot of very hateful crap, and its no suprise people have dissassociated from him.

he should grow up and stop posting nazi garbage

4. ForumPoster

ForumPoster Banned

No, I don't think that "people have disassociated from him". He's the most popular Youtube celebrity in the world, and his videos have been viewed collectively more than 14 billion times. It's jewish companies that have disassociated from him, and jewish companies have never represented the people.

5. ForumPoster

ForumPoster Banned

6. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'd been hearing about Milo the gay guy and this Pewdiepie so I looked 'em up on the net. Both were huge disappointments don't waste your time.

7. crank

crank Well-Known Member

he's poking fun at precisely this sort of delicate posturing. how is that not screamingly obvious?

- - - Updated - - -

both as unfunny as hell, and as annoying as hell. but both important and powerful, that's the thing to take away.

ForumPoster likes this.
  8. ForumPoster

ForumPoster Banned

Yes, that's the impression that I got. He's obviously not a real "Nazi".

I agree. I only heard about this PewDiePie character recently, I think that he's incredibly boring, but for some reason he's (apparently) the biggest Youtube star in the world with more than 14 billion views for his videos, so his antics matter and should be discussed on a political forum.

9. crank

crank Well-Known Member

ha ha ... good one. yes, he's very unpopular.

10. crank

crank Well-Known Member

he's a liberal atheist. sooo not a nazi, and that's the point he was making. he was laughing at the snowflakes.

I can't stand either of them (Milo or PDP), but it would be deeply foolish to want to silence them. First of all it removes voices from the conversation (civility IS conversation), and secondly it makes them forbidden fruit .. and twice as powerful as they might otherwise have been. Progs are deeply foolish :p

11. Capitalism

Capitalism Well-Known Member Past Donor

Lol. No you're the same breed of pathetic little snowflake the rest of the world has grown tired of. Literally every post you make, "He's a nazi, she's a nazi, I'm of 3rd grade intelligence".

If Pewdiepie is a nazi then Jesus was a Spartan and Ghandi was a Roman emperor.

ForumPoster likes this.
  12. Greystone

Greystone Member

This is the kind of bs people are getting sick of. Holier than thou dopes clutching their pearls at jokes that offended some people and then trying to ruin their reputations by branding them as the worst of humanity.

You hear all sorts of pathetic justifications for these witch hunts which just reveal those who partake in them to be control freaks:

"He went OVVERR THE LINEEE."

"He TOOK IT TOOO FAARRR"

"You can't say that!!!!"

Oh please, get over yourselves and relax. Sticks and stones. Comedy isn't funny when its spontaneity is stifled by people who create rigid structures about what is okay and not okay to joke about.

ForumPoster likes this.
  13. ForumPoster

ForumPoster Banned

Yes, whenever a famous non-jew says or does something politically incorrect, the jewish media always try to make it look like the public is outraged even though that's clearly not the case.

Do you remember when Mel Gibson made his famous Jesus movie The Passion of the Christ? Powerful jewish lobby groups like the ADL claimed that the movie was "antisemitic" and started a smear campaign against Mel, and they even attacked his father, Hutton Gibson, who was in his eighties at the time.

So did the people listen to jewish hate groups like the ADL and boycott The Passion of the Christ? No, they most certainly didn't. Instead they rushed to the theaters in droves, making the movie a major commercial hit that grossed 612 million dollars.

It was the same in 2006 when Mel made his "infamous" anti-jewish comments when he was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. After that he was viciously attacked by the jewish media, but despite that, his movie Apocalypto, which hit the theaters a couple of months after the arrest, became a hit. Once again, the people ignored the jewish hate campaign against Mel and rushed to the theaters to give him their money.

And I suspect that it's the same with PewDiePie. Apparently he has been making "antisemitic" videos for quite some time, yet he's still the biggest Youtube celebrity in the world, and his videos have been viewed collectively more than 14 billion times.

The jewish media and jewish companies simply don't represent the people – although they want us to believe that they do.

14. notme

notme Well-Known Member

When people make jokes about Muslims, than it's all... they should get over it, get a thicker skin.
    But when the tables are turned,.. it's all perfectly alright to go all out and nuke somebodies career.

15. rammstein

rammstein Member Past Donor

Jewish Power -- the power to silence criticism of Jewish Power.

ForumPoster likes this.
  16. ForumPoster

ForumPoster Banned

According to this article, Ben Fritz, the "journalist" who first wrote about PewDiePie's "antisemitic" videos, is himself an "antisemite":

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/29062...-over-hypocritical-tweet-about-jewish-people/

:roflol:

17. ForumPoster

ForumPoster Banned

Yes, you're right. There are countless examples of this everywhere.

18. Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member Past Donor

They run a real risk of losing their heads... literally :wall:

19. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

That's pretty much par for the course when talking about people who got popular because of Youtube.

20. Object227

Object227 Well-Known Member

I have to ask... what is Jewish power and why is it a concern to you? Or am I opening up a can of worms?

21. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

"jewish power" in this context is basically "white savior complex". i hope that translation helps.

22. Ninian

Ninian Banned

I, personally, think Disney's actions justified from commercial point of view. They need to maintain a certain, family-friendly and politically correct image.

But as a way to treat the individual, from the moral point of view - this seems too harsh for me.

23. stepmac

stepmac Active Member

I seldom hear anti-semitic jokes other than those told by my Jewish family members and friends. In my experience no one laughs at themselves more heartedly than do Jews. Nothing breeds a sense of humor like surviving terror and as we all know Jews have had their share.

24. Abandon

Abandon Member

Everyone who's done more than 5 minutes of research on this knows the accusations were bull(*)(*)(*)(*).

It was basically three journalists - who have themselves repeatedly made antisemitic jokes on Twitter - slandering a guy who made a joke by twisting the truth and taking things out of context, to the point where they used pictures of him pointing and called it a nazi salute.

It's a textbook case of defamation which he could legitimately take to court.

I refuse to believe the people in WSJ are stupid enough to believe their own presumption. The only way I can interpret what happened is an attempt from the sinking old media to take a shot at new media. Thankfully all they accomplished in the end was to make 50+ million people, mostly teenagers and young adults, despise them, and even people who previously thought Pewdiepie was an annoying (*)(*)(*)(*) to subscribe to him out of sheer sympathy.

ForumPoster likes this.
  25. ForumPoster

ForumPoster Banned

Hmm...that's strange because when non-jews joke about jews or say something "inappropriate" about them, jewish media and influential jewish activists and lobby groups start attacking them and try to get them fired or even jailed.