Harrison Ford in Incident With Passenger Plane at California Airport

Discussion in 'Survival and Sustainability' started by Robert, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member Past Donor

Harrison Ford may be in trouble with the FAA. This has been reported to the FAA since Ford was not authorized to land on the taxiway. As the name informs, the paved area was to taxi on, not make landings on. This could have endangered lives.

2. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

He's a Hollywood biggie you should let him off with a warning. And get his autograph while you're at it and sell it on eBay.

primate likes this.
  3. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Banned

Get a job.

4. lemmiwinx

Sources close to the investigation say Harrison Ford showed signs of dementia and had an AARP card in his wallet. He also admitted voting for Clinton in 2016.

5. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

They need to pull his ticket.. He's had four such incidents in the recent pass.

6. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Honestly I wonder if it's not an age thing. It's sad to think about but if his mind is deteriorating then his pilot's license needs to be pulled.

7. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

My favorite pilot and what a pilot he was. ... flew 3 times a week for over 60 years.. and hung it up at age 74..

8. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

IMHO, he needs his license taken away. He's been involved in too many near misses in the past couple of years. He's 74 years old....

9. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

He probably does need his ticket pulled, but parallel runways and the web of taxiways can be confusing for some pilots who forget to look at the big numbers on the end of the pavement. That said, I know of students at a local flight school who have done far worse things and managed to live to tell about it and weren't perma-banned from flying, including one who was low on fuel and lost and decided he would just land at this big old Marine Corps Base in front of him without calling them up or even knowing what it was and one who confused an international airport with a podunk airport he was flying to and sent commercial aircraft scurrying like ducks out of a pond. The flight school eventually got its plane back from the Corps--on a flat bed truck and completely unassembled and the student got to taste the concrete the day of and he and every body at the flight school of any importance got a thorough rectal exam by the gubbermint. The other person was just banned from ever entering the airspace of the airport he mistook or set foot on its property again.

10. Robert

What happens is that his aircraft number is taken down and FAA receives a report. Ford then is subject to a notice from FAA for action. I have never tangled with FAA but to be a pilot we did have to know the rules. FAA can hold a hearing. The pilot will be told to show up. FAA takes things like this as evidence of lack of pilot skills. Only upon a hearing and report would it be known what Ford had happen. Money in this case won't help him a lot. Harrison no doubt is embarrassed and is hoping FAA simply lets it slide.

primate likes this.
  11. Robert

That is funny :roflol:

In this case, we have to keep in mind that taxiways hold some large jets too. Thus a small airplane such as what Ford flew is easily accommodated by the taxiway.

But his state of health must be checked by a medical professional. We do not get medicals from doctors who lack the proper flight surgeon credential. My personal doctor lacks approval to perform physicals for pilots that are official.

Harrison will age. To call for his "ticket" to go away is not how it works. They never send some guy out to get your license back.

The pilots license, being federal is granted for life. There are specific rules on how one loses it. Physicals are required each 2 years. He may fail the physical and that is it. Since he owns his own airplanes, in his case the FAA has a process for that.

Anyway, with the law breaking condoned by Democrats, one might expect them to condone this rule breaking and since he is in the Hollywood crowd even praise him.

12. Robert

Government has it's own way to work. To remove his license is a more difficult task than most imagine. So long as Ford is an active pilot, his pilots skills should be superior to the guy like me who either flies not a bit today or others who fly once a year. A pilot who flies every 10 years is more a hazard than I assume Ford is.

13. Robert

3 times a week keeps a pilot sharp. I don't see age as a factor all on it's own. I am 78 and sharp of mind. Others are semi carrots and may not recognize an airplane. It varies with health. Severe diabetes seriously damages the body. My own doctor keeps reminding me of that fact.

14. Robert

If FAA "needs to" they will. Ford to keep using his lifetime license must prove flying skills to a certified instructor each 2 years. If the instructor won't pass him, he is not going to legally fly airplanes. Then a flight surgeon has to check him out each 2 years. There is more of a process for pilots than for drivers.

15. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Wow, seems like just yesterday he was a young man playing a minor role in "American Graffiti".

16. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have no sadness for Mr. Ford. He has led a full life at age 74. Fame and fortune.

Of course being a Godless pagan, typical of Hollywood, he will likely burn for eternity.

17. lemmiwinx

Exactly. Why can't Han Solo afford to have a private landing strip at his house like that godless Scientologist John Travolta?

18. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

I see lots of old folks with bad eyes and dementia. It's bad enough they are on the same roads as me. Having such people fly is worse.

Time to pluck his wings.

19. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Yes, I know..

- - - Updated - - -

Travolta is only 63.

20. Robert

Why? Why not defend liberty? There are so few fatal aircraft accidents....

Ford must be checked by a flight surgeon. FAA may order he return for another check up by the flight surgeon.

I just viewed his actual flight and he flew not much above an airliner. And per reports, he asked why an airliner was below him.

Time for Ford to get checked up.

Let's all examine the video showing him landing.

[video=youtube;LkaUsub9258]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkaUsub9258[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Ford probably does have a landing stip at his home. But the man flies all over the place. His flub happened at the John Wayne airport. He had taken off from the Santa Monica airport and some think he sounded confused.

21. Robert

I watched American Graffiti again within the past year or so. Drug me back to my days as a young man. Mel's drive in was once one of my favorite places to be seen on weekends. It was an awesome place to shop for lovely girls who loved to ... well, some of it is censored talk.

22. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

It's always sad when someone's mind begins to deteriorate. Honestly I would rather be dead then be like that.

23. Texan

Texan Well-Known Member

Losing his pilots license won't hurt him. My in laws suffer with dimentia and live with us. Not being able to drive, live alone, cook, or bathe yourself is a kick in the ego. It's tough on the family as well. He is rich enough that he can hire help. We all die, but he will do well the rest of his life.

Last edited: May 12, 2017