Do you think hell is real, or medival-style fear mongering?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Balto, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

Satan is everywhere, either being preached about in your local Church, or somewhere off in the land of popular culture. Because of this, the idea of Satan and being intimidating as a horrifying creature, has been watered down so much, this prince of darkness would barely scare anyone these days.

But this post doesn't have to do with how deluded the idea of Satan has become, but whether this portal. this eternal damnation for all sinners, this huge cauldron actually exists, or if it has been made through millions of years in fear mongering by the medieval Catholic church, a way of frightening people into acting in a certain manner? Or could it simply be a international phenomenon birthed by both Hollywood and the Catholic Church? What I believe is that hell could, or could not exist, just like how I would not downplay that hellhounds could, or could exist.

What is your view of hell? And no, its not a bad word.

2. BlackHogGranolaBrown

BlackHogGranolaBrown Banned

I'm skeptical, I would say "No" but judging by paranormal shows encounters of the Demonic, then I'd say "Maybe"
    It would be very arrogant of me to assume everyone who's reportedly encountered the Demonic must be "Delusional" therefor I stand with skepticism.

3. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

We could actually be in Hell. Think about it...You had no choice upon your entrance to life and you have no choice when you will die. From the moment you are born you are slowly dying. As you get older, the insults to your body and mind multiply...Then you die. Whoop Dee Doo.

Seriously though....Everybody makes their own Hell and its probably worse than what any Satan would do to them. Peace....

4. BlackHogGranolaBrown

BlackHogGranolaBrown Banned

I pondered once that perhaps "Life is death"

If it's true as they say that your Soul goes to a pure place like Heaven, or Hell, and is just a pure energy.

Now, that sounds more like life to me.

When you account for the fact that solids like the Human body are in fact dying energy, then it has made me ponder, to what if Life is actually death.

5. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Hell is when Granny gets riled up `bout sumpin'...
    :grandma:
    ... yeah, it's real.
    :omg:

6. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

Or we could just be getting a taste of it - try before you buy. ;)

7. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Maybe you go where you perceive you will go....

8. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

All religions have versions of hell. The biblical version of hell really isn't that bad because it's temporary. Everyone makes bail on Judgment Day. And just because you were in hell other people were in the sea or in death. And they also make bail on Judgment Day. Then you might get into the golden cube called New Jerusalem if you have the qualifications or you might get thrown in the lake of fire, which is not hell.

People's popular view of hell is actually more in line with the Islamic version of hell than it is of the biblical version. Islamic hell is the mother of all hells. But it does have a lot of women.

9. ecco

ecco Well-Known Member

Well, right now He is in Los Angeles, although He did make a brief sojourn back to Hell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer_(TV_series)

This show is clearly written by some entities who know the real inside scoop. Their knowledge of Heaven and Hell and the Primary Entities involved are very, very detailed.

10. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

I personally am not laughing at the stories told by the people who had a negative near death experience.

If we refuse to forgive others...... we cannot go into paradise..... or our attitude would begin to turn it into a purgatory hell type of place.

I do believe that the environment seen in negative near death experience accounts is temporary though... and there are ways to get out of it. Forgiveness for others.... .. is one way to escape the Void.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWuah4aephM

HELL AND HEAVEN TESTIMONY... JESUS IS REAL!