Teenage Iranian chess master banned from team for refusing to wear "hijab".

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Pollycy, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Pollycy

Pollycy Well-Known Member

The Islamo-Nazi theocracy that rules the government of Iran has banned a chess master from their national team, because she won't wear one of these "hijab" (head-in-a-sack) things!
    Links:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...g-to-wear-a-headscarf/?utm_term=.703bcfb74ed4
    https://www.rt.com/sport/378130-iran-chess-player-hijab-ban/

Hyperliberal "inclusive" internationalists are always raising hell about how we on the Right are always suppressing women and scheming to hold them down, etc. And yet they are 'loud and proud' of their advocacy for bringing in masses of people who actually believe in a religion that treats women this way -- in the 21st Century! As they say down South, the stench of this blatant hypocrisy would "puke a dog off of a gut wagon"....

[​IMG].Put her head in a towel? WHY?! :spin:

2. Wildjoker5

Wildjoker5 Well-Known Member

They say these Muslims are actually right wing.

3. Rosa Parks

Rosa Parks Banned

It's funny because the Left in America imitates them.

4. glloydd95

glloydd95 Well-Known Member

Good for her.

5. Fisherguy

Fisherguy Well-Known Member

Hardliners are the same intolerant people, the world over. Trump's people, the Taliban, Iranian hardliners, Russian nationalists, they're all cut from the same mold.

6. Electron

Electron Well-Known Member Past Donor

She's a champion in my eyes.

7. Sampson Simpon

Sampson Simpon Active Member

Ironically, those theocrats are right wingers. Our right wingers want to push their religious morals on people. Good thing we have the constitution, a good economy, and a strong government that prevents these people from getting their way. Even though they still try.

I fail to see what the hell this has to do with liberals? You right wingers would be OK with preventing other people's freedom.

Yes, that type of theocracy is horrible. That's why liberals fight to prevent Christians from doing that to people of this country.

8. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

Interestingly Trump's people aren't the ones violently attacking people in the streets.

- - - Updated - - -

"Liberals" have become like the fundamentalists they claim to hate. Rigid in their ideology and violent toward anyone who disagrees.

9. jack4freedom

jack4freedom Well-Known Member Past Donor

I agree. Religious fanatics from all over the world are part of a very right wing reactionary cadre which has risen over the last several decades. These Iranian nuts are akin to guys like Pence, Sessions, Brownback and other Christian fanatics here in America. The difference is that we have our constitution and our judicial branch to keep these nuts from turning the US into a authoritarian theocracy. Thank god for that.

10. Wildjoker5

Damn, I'm good.

11. Your Best Friend

Your Best Friend Well-Known Member

You forgot to add reflexively doctrinaire left wingers on your list but good point all the same.

12. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

Old school Muslims are afraid if she doesn't cover herself old men could jerk off to her on facebook. This crap has been going on for hundreds of years.

13. Day of the Candor

Day of the Candor Well-Known Member

Nice try. Now tell us why leftist liberal Democrats like Obama and John Kerry were so anxious to make it possible for insane muslims in Iran to get nuclear tech along with ballistic missiles and weapons. And while youre at it tell us why a right winger like Trump strongly disapproves of that same nuclear agreement that Obama wanted so badly. :roflol:

14. guavaball

guavaball Well-Known Member

And is hiring one of their own to lead the DNC

15. guavaball

Yeah because you can point to all the homosexuals murdered by Pence, Sessions, Brownback and other Christian fanatics here in America can't you. Or the amount of women who aren't allowed to drive and treated with the same value as camels. Or all the people they have murdered for leaving the Christian religion. Or killing their daughters for their makeup and clothing.

When you make ignorant assumptions you really should try and at least read a few things before you expose yourself.

16. Wildjoker5

Im on your side. That's why I used the term "they".

17. jack4freedom

jack4freedom Well-Known Member Past Donor

If religious whacks like Pence, Sessions and Brownback had free reign here like the religious nutbags in Iran and Saudi Arabia do, you can bet they would be hanging homosexuals and keeping women in their place. It is because of those "activist judges" you guys are always whining about that our Constitution has been upheld against the wishes of these cultist imbeciles.

BTW: If you had read my post in the first place, you would have seen that I already pointed that out.

18. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Now that is what a real person looking out for Women's Rights does. They don't wear "Vagina Costumes" they stand up against real oppression.

She is a hero.

19. guavaball

So you have no evidence supporting your BS theory. Got it. You can't even quote any of those men would do what you claim so why should I take your argument seriously when you have nothing to support it?

If that were true you wouldn't have made those ignorant comparisons in the post I quoted from you.

Face reality. You only have your own bias against Christians and conservatives to base your conclusions on while you ignore the real abusers of women at the hands of Muslims.

20. mdrobster

mdrobster Well-Known Member

how ironic is it, the same rwers that accuse others of bigotry, want laws, like refusing service to gays, and then to acclaim themselves moral

21. Marcotic

Marcotic Well-Known Member

I don't really see why this has to be a left/ right issue.

I think its terrible that this brilliant young woman can't compete because of theocracy. It makes me glad I live in a country where such theocracy is strictly forbidden. Further, it would be great if we could get that clearly very talented bright young woman a green card, as her talents are being wasted where she is. (edit) and she'd be a boon to the US.

I assume all of the people here agree with me on that?

Bringing up what the religious right would do if allowed is reaching- the simple fact is you can't know that unless you have a crystal ball. At the same time, admonishing the left for wanting to get people out of Dorsa Derakhshani's position because they could do the same thing here requires knowing that they could, and that they'd want to do it.

This is about as apolitical as it gets, Theocracy is bad, and America is awesome because it doesn't allow that crap.

22. mudman

mudman Well-Known Member

Nobody want's refusing service to gays to be the law. Nice way to twist the truth.

Wanting freedom to run a business how the owner sees fit isn't even comparable....but nice try.

It's very typical of the left to have no leg to stand on, so they just make up stuff to fit their argument and pass is off as something that millions of people believe.

23. mdrobster

mdrobster Well-Known Member

wrong, the religious freedom act has been done in a few states, most notably, north carolina. stay in denial.

24. Pollycy

Pollycy Well-Known Member

Things like this fit the mold of what the Left bashes the Right for all the time, because, as I said in my OP, "Hyperliberal "inclusive" internationalists are always raising hell about how we on the Right are always suppressing women and scheming to hold them down, etc."

But, please don't be in any doubt about the fact that I agree with you 100% about theocracies, including this very large, very dangerous Islamo-Nazi theocracy full of insanely "religious" nuts who have been running Iran for the past 37 years! Soon, thanks to Obama and Kerry, these idiots will be in possession of nuclear weapons and ballistic missile systems to deliver them anywhere on the planet. Then, they can inflict their tyrannical, insane "religious" ideas on anyone that opposes them. It's about a chess game, and, a "chess game".

[​IMG]."I have to wrap my head in a (*)(*)(*)(*)ing towel, so why shouldn't SHE?!" :roll:

25. Sampson Simpon

Sampson Simpon Active Member

Sure, because you say so without any argument to back it up with. NOthing to support it with. And you totally discredit yourself claiming Trumps people are not beating up people in this streets when there has been an increase in hate crimes towards minority since Trump was elected, many doing so in the name of Trump, and there were reporters and other beaten up at Trump rallies, while Trump condoned that behavior.