Trump effect

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Crawdadr, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Crawdadr

Crawdadr Well-Known Member

You know folks I disagree with much of Donald Trumps positions. I think he is crude, emotional, and petty. But as the media, liberal groups, and others disparage him and ridicule him I seem to be trending towards him. Every day the media analyzes everything they can find about him and his administration no matter how small then they try to spin it in a way to make people disapprove or at least click on a link. Often times the people that decry him focus on his language, his well known past, and truly unsubstantial issues not upon things that matter to the country. They over do their hatred of him and assume all his actions no matter what are bad and do not seem to even consider that some of the things he proposes are not terrible. If it is from Trump, it is bad.

All of this is causing me more and more too sympathise with him and even at times support him when before I was totally against him. I even get a kind of perverted pleasure in antagonising folks that just lash out at the man no matter what the issue. Their histrionics annoys me makes me want to support him.

I know it is weird and I am trying to understand my feelings so I present them to all of you and ask if anyone else is feeling the same way and why.

2. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

I pretty much feel the same way. I'm a #NeverTrump voter (I voted for Johnson as a protest), but I can't help but to enjoy seeing the media's pantys in a wad over Trump. As a person opposed to Trump, in general, I'm kind of pissed by how stupid the media is about covering him. They need to stop with the stupid crap like the MLK's bust stuff, and concentrate on real issues. Instead, they are jumping into the mud pit with him, and he's an expert at it, they are amateurs. They've spent so much time kowtowing to Obama, that they don't really know how to be the smart opposition.

3. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

Focus on his actions. Everything else is showbiz.

4. Crawdadr

Crawdadr Well-Known Member

You would think but that is not the case here. It is 24/7 Trump is Hitler and you all must hate him news. It gets old and makes me want to support him not hate him. Only the media and the far left could make a maroon like Trump look like the victim.

5. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I just want to know why no one has asked President Trump what has enchanted him the most about his position yet.

6. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

What you need to understand are a couple of things.
    1. The media has first-hand access to current events. They are there on the scene as these developments unravel. We all learn about it second-hand. You and I would more than likely be unaware of much going on in the world if it wasn't for the media.
    2. Most of Trump's criticism is not only deserved, but self-induced. The media are not putting Trump up to faking claims of terror attacks in Sweden. That is of Trump's own doing. He simply refuses to be held accountable, and pins the accountability on the media. It was idiotic to pull out of the TPP so abruptly, no one put a gun to Trump's head, and demanded he do that. No one is forcing Trump to put the gibberish he does on Twitter either.

The raised eyebrows and criticism of ties to Russia are justified, given Trump's last three top operatives all had ties to Russia or Ukraine in one way or another.

It sounds to me that you are giving Trump sympathy because you believe he is being victimized, when in fact, he is not.

7. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

It's an interesting point. The media has to report on what he's doing. What the media needs to do is to look beyond Trump. Bannon is the key to this administration. Trump's in it for the money and the ego gratification. He is merely a cut-out figure. Bannon is the ideologue, he is the Hitler figure, not Trump.

8. Just A Man

Just A Man Well-Known Member

Bottom line -- our media has no shame. After the people rose up and elected Trump if the media had any smarts they would have changed. They are a lost cause. They are the reason newspapers and TV news programs are slowly losing readers and viewers. But when you are as arrogant as the media you will go down with the ship before manning the pumps. I speak from experience having worked with the media types for years.