Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus as savior.

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Greatest I am, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Greatest I am

Greatest I am Well-Known Member

Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus as savior.

Jesus indicated that doing unto others as we would want done to us was a commandment.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, goes against the Golden Rule and Jesus’ commandment.

None of us would want to be punished for someone else’s sin, yet Christians ignore Jesus’ commandment and eagerly consent to let Jesus suffer for the sins they have done so that they might escape their just punishment.

From what Jesus said, Christians are showing that they are not fit for heaven as they do not follow Jesus’ commandment and thus do evil.

Should Christians step up and make themselves fit for heaven by rejecting substitutionary atonement?

Regards
    DL

2. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

On the other hand..... we humans learn step by step and
    it may be easiest for us to see Moshiach ben Yosef / Joseph as
    Messiah the Passover Lamb......
    before we are able to deal with the idea of Messiah / Moshiach as a
    Yom Kippur goat who is willing to go into an infinite number of time lines,
    in order to initiate Utopia in all of them.......
    in order to make the Ancient of Days the Father and the Ancient of Days the Mother (the Holy Spirit) truly happy with the creation.

http://www.chabad.org/library/moshiach/article_cdo/aid/101679/jewish/The-Personality-of-Mashiach.htm

The Personality of Mashiach

By J. Immanuel Schochet

Personally.... I consider that the being of light of NDE fame is Messiah Yeshua - Jesus in his eternal form keeping his promise to eventually.... speak plainly of the Father.

- - - Updated - - -

John 16:25

This sure sounds like future tense to me.......

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/notable/christian-andreason.html#a04h

h. Who goes to heaven?

3. Greatest I am

Greatest I am Well-Known Member

Strange to think that to Christians, Satan came from heaven, what you call a place of ultimate love.

You do know that King David never existed. Right?

Do you agree that substitutionary punishment is immoral?

Regards
    DL

4. Your Best Friend

Your Best Friend Well-Known Member

According to the bible Jesus made this act of atonement all on his own volition (he allowed it to happen) and therefore that wipes out
    your entire point. I don't understand why the death of Jesus absolves me of my wrong doings but I have to say as an act of supreme Golden Rule
    goodness, dying for my benefit, it cannot be topped, though I did not personally request it or have any control over it.

Long story short....your thread is broken and cannot be fixed.

5. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

It's all an evolution of the older concepts of sacrifice and atonement, tied with the solar astrological view of the sun dying and rising every year (giving us the seasons). Jesus does represent the sun - one sees it everywhere in the gospels, from the pattern of his life and his three-day death and subsequent resurrection and ascension, to the language used to describe him (light, life).

It's very block-headed and ahistorical to treat the gospels as history, and Jesus as a real person who walked the earth and did the things claimed.