New Member EdwH

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by EdwH, Feb 23, 2017.

1. EdwH

EdwH New Member

Hello,

This forum is the first time that I felt the need to become politically active. I see parallels between President Trump's behavior and the beginning of a dictatorship, so I feel the need to speak out. :roll:

2. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

For the greater good, dictators are sometimes needed to recalibrate society's excesses when they've got out of control.

3. EdwH

EdwH New Member

The difficulty is, once we let the democracy go in favor of a dictator, we cannot get it back. The only one allowed excesses at that point is the dictator. Better to have an imperfect democracy.

4. EdwH

EdwH New Member

Adolph Hitler's musings during his quiet years (1926-1929): Those dreams centered around asserting the supremacy of the Germanic race, acquiring more living space (Lebensraum) for the German people, and dealing harshly with Jews and Marxists.

Donald Trump's actions during his first month in office: He maintains his campaign promise to deport all illegal aliens, acquiring more living space for 'true' Americans, and withdraws government guarantees for LGBTs .... the beginning.

When I see people of Mexican descent afraid to step to the front of the line to be seated in a restaurant and who now avoid eye contact with people, I find myself asking: Is this our America?

5. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

Welcome. Review the active threads and start sharing your concerns. Has there ever been a dictator who pushed for smaller government? Good luck on the forum.