Washington's Governor Turns State Into A Sanctuary State......

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MMC, Feb 24, 2017.

1. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

The State of Texas is making moves to eliminate sanctuary cities within the Lone Star State. Washington State, on the other hand, is taking an opposite approach: their governor has effectively declared the entire state a sanctuary state.

In an executive order signed on Thursday, Gov. Jay Inslee (D) prohibited any state agency from detaining an illegal immigrant at the request of federal officials. It also prohibits the use of state resources for the creation of a database or registry for people of a particular religion. The state will, however, continue to honor federal arrest warrants.

In a press conference, Inslee said that he did not think that Washington State should take part in "[...] promoting or carrying out mean-spirited policies that break up families and compromise our national security and, importantly, our community safety.”......snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christ...state-n2289929

My my my.....this governor is talking about mean spirited policy as an excuse to not follow the law. Oh well, stop their federal funding and when a disaster strikes. Let them fend for themselves.

2. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Stopping funding is a good start, but maybe it needs more. maybe some of these rogue officials need to be removed from Office altogether, and get people in who will follow established laws.

We have a President trying to get us back to the laws we have established, if a Governor can just say "no" and get away with it...something is wrong.

3. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

Washington receives 39% of their total revenue from the federal government, how are they going to make that up when Trump drops the hammer?

Trump needs to tell the renegade states of California, New York, Connecticut and now Washington that if their federal money is withheld it will go to other states, and once that occurs there is no way of getting it back because at that point the money's gone.

4. Papastox

Papastox Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for the non-Lib legal citizens of that state who are being thrown under the bus...if any legal citizen dies at the hands of an illegal, blood will be on Libs' hands....

5. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

They don't care.

6. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Does this mean that citizens of Washington get to pick and choose which laws to follow since the governor himself has decided to ignore the law and even endorse criminal activity?

7. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

I just had a die hard illiberal try and say that the Fed can't cut funding to a State or a City. Of course he was wrong. The best part was, I used a BO Peep DOJ man to show him just how wrong he was. That really got under his skin. :laughing:

8. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Yes, I think Washington State wants to join the Confederacy.

9. RonnieFan

RonnieFan Well-Known Member Past Donor

Seems to me that Democrats were always in favor of the big, federal government.

I guess a few million illegal immigrants helped them change their ways.

10. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

Liberals are simply amazing with their ability to cleanse their souls of their misdeeds, they'll simply blame it on guns or turn the argument around by saying not all of them are bad. Just look at how they react to Muslims murdering tens of thousands of people a year or throwing gays off buildings, their response is to call us Islamophobes for even mentioning it all while they ignore the actual murders. In their minds criticizing illegals is worse than the crimes they commit.

11. Papastox

Papastox Well-Known Member

I know. It's crazy isn't it?

12. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Anarchy is what the reality is. It is willfully disobeying federal law, and being a gov. does not exclude anyone from federal law. Trump's AG should send the FBI in and arrest the criminals and traitors to our republic. Who think we live in a banana republic and they are above the law.

If the nuts in Wa. want to riot and turn their homes into burnt out rubble, let em do it, but with not one dime of taxpayer money to help them rebuild what they destroyed.

When we get to the place where an ideological driven party thumbs its nose at federal law it is time to arrest them and try them as you would any other criminal breaking federal laws, and then to brag about it.This is not how a rule of law society operates and it has to come to an end.

13. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

So this means the Washington State Police can't detain illegals, but it has no effect on city police departments or county sheriffs, neither of which are state agencies.

14. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

I would be interested to know if this pinhead Gov. has even discussed immigration law with the WH, or attempted to sit down with President Trump to convey his concerns personally. I'm guessing no, he hasn't.
    Now, thinking back a few years, I remember Gov Brewer. After her State was told they couldn't enforce immigration law because the Obama DoJ told her "hands off, that's our job" & the situation became a tad sticky. So, what did she do? Well, she didn't "resist" & tell the DoJ to stick it, she booked a meeting at the WH to air her concerns & discuss the situation. Her efforts didn't bear much fruit, but it was right thing to do under the circumstances.
    My point in contrasting the two situations because they are very similar, yet there's zero similarity in how the two governor's dealt with them. One, the civil way, one, not so much.

15. ButterBalls

ButterBalls Well-Known Member

They have their recreational Cannabis, a simple increase in dosage will do the trick, yes I'm speaking from experience ;)

16. Labouroflove

Labouroflove Well-Known Member Past Donor

The potential blow back and liability on this is incredible. The policy will, WILL, result in an innocent victim physically harmed by a criminal illegal alien. It's not if it's when.

Cheers

17. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

Future elections in Washington state will have consequences. :grin:

18. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Ah.....the OG Kush eh? :grin:

[video=youtube;ZvmjOx4_ijQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvmjOx4_ijQ[/video]

19. Brewskier

Yes, they've already factored that into the equation. They've determined the political benefit is worth the costs.

20. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

So the whole Republican thingy about "State's Rights" was just Republicans pissing on our backs and trying to convince us
    it was raining ...

Got it.

21. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

Citizenship, it's requirements, and rule of law isn't a power vested in the states. Washington state can make them all Washington residents, but that won't make them citizens. But they are welcome to move back from whence they came and pay Washington state income taxes.

22. Brewskier

States don't have the right to violate Federal immigration laws.

Federalism died with Lincoln's war of aggression.

23. highntight

highntight Banned

How about a senator?

24. highntight

highntight Banned

Nah, we just need the workers.

25. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

States rights are fine until they start stepping on Federal responsibilities. Immigration is a Federal responsibility isn't it? States have no right to say Nah, we'll do our own thing instead.