Trump promises border wall 'soon, way ahead of schedule'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Really. No really folks. No, this time I mean it. Really., We are going to build big, beautiful wall, Mexico is going to pay for it, and now, it will be done ahead of schedule.

Once again, Trump is renewing a promise that while he is in the midst of failing to deliver on the same promises he has made dozens of times before.

In this episode, the wall will be start soon, and ahead of schedule.

How? Well, that is a mystery, isn't it? No one seems inclined to pay for it. No one seems inclined to work with Trump to build it, and the wall has not even started on the environmental review process, which I am guessing will be another roadblock.

But it will start soon, ahead of schedule. Don says so.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39080356

US President Donald Trump has vowed to start building a wall on the Mexican border "soon, way ahead of schedule", in a speech at a conservative event.

Addressing the Conservative Political Action Congress (CPAC), he vowed to always put American citizens first and build a "great, great border wall".

He also promised to focus on "getting bad people out of this country".

Mr Trump was greeted by chants of "USA, USA, USA!" as he addressed the annual forum in Maryland.

"We're building the wall," he said. "In fact it's going to start very soon. Way ahead of schedule. It's way, way, way ahead of schedule."

His comments come a day after Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly met their Mexican counterparts in Mexico City.

2. Electron

Electron Well-Known Member Past Donor

This will be such a riot in 4 years, as Comrade Trumski runs empty handed with no wall to brag about. What promises? I never said that! Fake News!!

3. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

Fake, fake, fakey news.

4. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

God bless Trump and his wall. In the mean time why not use land mines as a temporary measure?

5. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

Environmental review? Coyote, desert rats, snail darters, lizards? I think we've got the EPA covered. Next? :grin:

6. ButterBalls

ButterBalls Well-Known Member

Sooo ;) In you vast eperiance in building a wall of this magnitude, just how much time would it take to plan it, organize labor and equipment. Again in your vast experience in construction what comes first Engineers, survey crews or just a couple bus loads of guys and gals wielding lunch buckets and shovels?

Better yet, would, a couple of busloads of guys and gals wielding shovels and lunch buckets standing around in the desert waiting on survey crews help you sleep better ;)

7. Fisherguy

Fisherguy Well-Known Member

Listening to Trumpf is worse than watching Amateur Hour. His cult members will realize that, sooner or later. For some of them, much later.

8. ButterBalls

Although if you take three steps back, tilt your head slightly to the left and squint real hard you'll see the only ones really worried about the wall is the Libby's :roflol:

9. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

lol..........you just reminded me of something and I blew Diet Coke through my nose and messed up my monitor. Trump's gonna show Obama what a "shovel ready" job project really looks like. :roflol:

10. ButterBalls

Dude I feel your pain! I think if I had to listen to one more Uh uh uh uh mm uh uh uh mmmm uh uh Puff bottom lip out uhhhhh uh uh mmmm puff lip out again speech I'd have pulled what hair I have left out! Good God Obarry was a stammering goof!

Lets just say "IT'S YOUR TURN" ;)

11. ButterBalls

LMAO, and now he's gone, that gives the word "Ready" a whole new meaning :)

12. WillReadmore

WillReadmore Well-Known Member

It's tens of billions of dollars being spent without there being a factual justification.

We have a lot of places where we could spend money today.

If we're going to spend that much money, we should at least spend it on something that has value.

13. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

WHAT schedule?

Has anybody seen this schedule that he's running ahead of?

I mean, Jesu Bleeding Christ what is WRONG with you people? A (*)(*)(*)(*)ing contractor for your new front porch couldn't get away with this type of (*)(*)(*)(*) and this is the POTUS talking about a billion dollar project.

I thought this was going to be a fairly obvious but at least plausible boondoggle, something where we maybe get at least a few stretches of something interesting to look at over the next century when we need reminders of just how insane conservatives can be.

But this, this is is going to DWARF the bales of money sent to Iraq and the mercenaries being paid ten times what our soldiers were getting. My prediction is that NOT ONE BRICK of this phantom will ever be laid AND the cost overruns will run to the TRILLIONS. The entirety of the effort spent on it will consist of the God-Emperor shaking hands with yet another crony as the dump truck full of money backs up to his mansion and the lickspittle brigade looks on, entranced by visions of refugee corpses hung on the barbed wire which is all the barrier that will ever exist.

14. ButterBalls

Well that's mighty "frugal" of you considering the U.S. spent 432 billion on interest fiscal year 2016, that's just south of 1.2 billion a day that goes *Poof*! I'm not arguing your point but I am questioning your priorities ;)

15. ButterBalls

If one concrete block was set upon two and mortared you would receive more then all eight years of debt payment bought you under Obarry.

Debt payment expenditure 7% of federal spending
    Seems a bit silly for the left to start complaining about waste and claiming concern for fiscal responsibility at this point in time ;)

16. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

Trump has such low credibility that if he announced that the sun rises in the Eastband sets in the West I would verify that.

17. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

He'll build a beautiful pet door in the wall.

18. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

There will be a wall. Yes it will be yuge.

19. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

conservatives make money from illegal immigrant labor while telling their people they support a wall, his own party won't let him build the wall.

20. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

I think it;s gonna be a fence now, not a great wall like the wall of china :)

21. Rosa Parks

Rosa Parks Banned

He's not building it for his party, he's building it for the American people.

22. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

A Mexican company already said they'd help build the wall.

23. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm not sure who you're blaming here, but if your beef is with Trump then you'll need to recalibrate your frustration because the wall, or something similar, was authorized by the likes of Obama and Clinton when they were senators. This is not Trump's idea, he didn't make it a law, he's just carrying the ball where those before him had fumbled.

24. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

American people nor the President controls the government, it is run by the rich who pay politicians to use lawful government force in their interests.

in this case the rich of both republican and democratic parties make money from the cheap labor of illegal immigrants, and since the President is not a dictator he needs permission from at least his own party to use lawful government force for a wall.

25. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump will meet the concrete wall when he starts trying to get it funded. We have 10s of millions of illegal in this nation because both parties wanted it for the elites. We have competed with slave wages via free trade because both parties want it for our elites.

This is what trump is up against. We will find out just how strongly both parties refuse to represent the People.