Retired admiral, commander of bin Laden raid, slams Trump's sentiments on media

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by PeppermintTwist, Feb 24, 2017.

1. PeppermintTwist

PeppermintTwist Well-Known Member Past Donor

It is really not necessary to have confirmation for what most of us already know, but it is good that if Congress has not yet grown the balls to throw this administration under the bus and call it out for what it is, then at least the respected higher[-ups are coming out to tell it like it is.

HereWeGoAgain likes this.
  2. fizbo

fizbo Well-Known Member

Well, I agree to some degree that Trump has gone overboard on the press thing. But that's the way he operates with just about everything -- start extreme and moderate over time.

Still, the MSM has needed a good spanking for several years. Between ideological leftist tinted news, sloppy news, and down right fake news, journalistic standards have been flushed down the toilet. The loss of a free press no longer willing to do their job with integrity is more a threat to democracy than anything Trump is doing.

Curious Yellow likes this.
  3. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

The Press isn't elected and they make no promises to uphold the Constitution. They are businesses.

Trump, on the other hand, has made an oath to defend the Constitution - which includes Freedom of Speech. Be that speech
    happen to be one he agrees with or does not. Censorship is the tool of dictators.

4. katzgar

katzgar Banned

your post is just another right wing attempt to defend an idiot. enjoy his presidency

5. Just_a_Citizen

Just_a_Citizen Well-Known Member Past Donor

I agree he should work on the delivery, but I'm sure he'll refine his style to fit politics.

Bold Bluster is a common, & honestly desired, trait in the Business world.

It's just a bit over a month in.

It's like when you (not you specifically Peppermint)joined your first discussion forum...

I'm sure infractions, and Temp. Bans flowed like the Nile...

Lol, they did for me, oh so long ago!

6. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I love to see the way the left had turned around and is now defending corporations. Trump, making America great.

7. fizbo

fizbo Well-Known Member

Trump has 1st amendment rights also. There is nothing illegal about Trump calling the press out for bad reporting. None. Just like it was perfectly appropriate for Obama to try calling out Fox News throughout his 8 year tenure. Censorship would be some sort of legislation or executive order limiting freedom of the press. I anxiously await for you to show that such actions have taken place. Please, I'm all ears....

Instead of hijacking tired talking points about "right wing attempts", why don't you outline where I was wrong in my comments? Or is that to much intellectual effort??

8. katzgar

katzgar Banned

Honest people don't defend Trump cuz there is really nothing to defend so yeah it is just really too much effort to bother with

9. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

Sounds like you're one of those individuals who respects the 'higher-ups' whether they deserve your respect or not? It's a common misconception that establishment talking heads are always intelligent. That isn't necessarily so - many are as thick as pig-(*)(*)(*)(*).

10. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

And the vast power of a corrupt or self-serving press makes it even more dangerous than a dictator, because it has that power by default rather than by electoral permission. But thankfully, in this case president Trump is on to them.

11. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Good on him for his service, but since this has really nothing to do with the military I value his opinion no more or less than anyone else's.

12. Derideo_Te

Derideo_Te Well-Known Member

Second time in as many days that the military has called out the Wannabe Dictator.

Alienating the military that he is needs to pursue his goal of eliminating ISIS is not a smart move. Interesting to note that both criticisms from the military are about Trump's failure to act responsibly when it comes to defending the Constitution. Obviously the military do not hold their new CinC in very high regard at all to be voicing these criticisms publically.

My guess is that when he decides it is time to go on an illegal warmongering binge he is going to come up against some opposition. He does have the right to fire generals and admirals until he finds a sycophant willing to sacrifice the lives and limbs of America's finest on some foolish waste of taxpayer dollars to boost his own fragile ego.

13. ColdwarVet

ColdwarVet Active Member

Yeah, just like Obama did

14. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Autocrats always go after the press. They want to control the dialogue and think you aren't bright enough to think for yourself.

15. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Bad reporting, or reporting critical of Trump and his idiocy? Seems that any negative reporting gets the tweet finger twitching and gets called 'fake'. His supporters love it. Then again his supporters don't think much beyond fawning adulation of his dumb rhetoric. Here are a few examples of their deep thought and genius:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw_V2kMOUgw

16. PeppermintTwist

PeppermintTwist Well-Known Member Past Donor

Another false equivalency from the folks that cannot defend anything that this most self-serving imposter does.

17. ColdwarVet

ColdwarVet Active Member

As a prog you wouldn't know "equivalency" if it bit you

18. Lesh

Lesh Banned

Most of what you complain about comes not from the left but actually the right. FEMA camps? ISIS invaders coming across the Texas border? and on and on....

And the purveyors of that nonsense now have a seat in the President' Cabinet (Bannon).

That said...the government ha no business attacking what should be a free press. It is up to us...and the rest of the media itself...to sort out the truth and expose the lies

19. Lesh

Lesh Banned

False equivalency is a staple of right wing debate.

Find something sorta like the thing you're trying to excuse that may or may not have actually happened as they claim and was done by .....someone....sometime and this supposedly is an excuse for the current event.

20. ColdwarVet

ColdwarVet Active Member

What's good for the goose.......................

21. Bud Bottle

Bud Bottle New Member

Don't hold your breath.

22. Lesh

Lesh Banned

Feel free to point out false equivalencies by the left on this board.

I have seen very little if any

23. Mensa164

Mensa164 Newly Registered

Totally unbelievable how crazy the liberal left is acting since Trump was elected.....FYI..Trump is POTUS...He has the Senate...He has the House...He has The Supreme Court....GET USED TO IT U SORE LOSERS

24. Fisherguy

Fisherguy Well-Known Member

A percentage of Americans, in this case a minority, yearn for a despot who will control the media and everything else. It's just the way they're hard-wired....To the majority of us, this administration looks like a dangerous clown parade.

25. ButterBalls

ButterBalls Well-Known Member

When I first began to read the article I suspected I was going to see this before it was all said and done ;)

First rule of thumb in book sales "ANY" publicity is good publicity :applause: