Starbucks Brand Crashes After Announcement of Plan to Hire 10,000 Muslim ‘Refugees’

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Gatewood, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Considering the source you may take the following with a grain of salt, but then again, considering the subject one is not surprised that NO Left of Center media outlet is covering it since they would be reporting bad news regarding one of their ideological own. Sigh!

==================

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...utm_campaign=Feed:+breitbart+(Breitbart+News)

The Starbucks Coffee brand has taken a major hit since the company’s announcement that it would hire 10,000 Muslim “refugees” in response to President Donald Trump’s temporary travel moratorium in January.

Starbucks was one of those early to criticize President Trump for putting a temporary hold on immigration from a list of seven terror-torn countries flagged by the Obama administration. In response, the coffee house giant pledged to hire 10,000 Muslim refugees over five years in protest against Trump’s order.

But since the company issued its anti-Trump statement its brand name has lost its luster with customers. Perception levels of the Starbucks brand name fell by an incredible two-thirds since its January announcement, according to a YouGov survey, as reported by Yahoo Finance.
    ==========================

Interesting, yes? Times certainly have changed since by no means could ALL of the boycotters be Right of Center former customers. For that sort of heavy hit a goodly number of those unhappy people must be offended Centrists or Independents or what have you. But wait! There's more . . .

When you scroll down to the comments section you begin running into something very interesting over and over, the Black Rifle Coffee Company, which conversely is now doing a roaring business now that Starbucks drug it's own name into the sewer. Here's the information from one of the comments:

================

EyeonGod VirtualParticle • 3 hours ago[FONT=&amp]They are the BEST!
    **BLACK RIFLE COFFEE COMPANY (BRCC) is VETERANS OWNED AND STAFFED**
    They'll be hiring 10,000 more...Veterans...and...give a great portion of their profits to charity for Veterans.
    Got my last Order of *Black Rifle Coffee* last week.
    No Sharia Coffee for me.
    #MAGA.
    #WINNING

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.!!!!!!!!

[/FONT]

================
    . . . And here's an other:

================
    [FONT=&amp][​IMG][/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    Advent2016 VirtualParticle • 37 minutes agoBlack Rifle Coffee has a backlog of orders and many of its blends are sold out. Be patient. It's worth the wait.
    So-o-o-o much better than that stuff they call coffee at Starbucks--and Black Rifle Coffee is owned by one of our brave military veterans --not by a supercilious, anti-American, anti-veteran loony leftist pantywaist who wants to discriminate against American workers.

[/FONT]

================
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

Here is the Black Rifle Coffee link: http://www.blackriflecoffee.com/

What is interesting about this, though, is that had Starbucks not gone full blown Left in its hysteria then the Right of Center alternative to Starbucks would not have skyrocketed in its fortunes. But leftist nation-hating Starbucks did and patriotic Black Rifle Coffee has. Capitalism and a Democratic Republic. Finest kind. Or in other words, market forces ALWAYS win in the end.

lemmiwinx likes this.
  2. logical1

logical1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Gatewood

Yep, both consequences and poetic justice in play with Starbucks and the Black Rifle Coffee company. As Starbucks spirals down into the toilet BECAUSE they spat in this nation's face an actual patriotic company's fortunes soars. No wonder NO leftist media outlet is reporting on this.

4. Fisherguy

Fisherguy Well-Known Member

Breitbart artificial news? No thanks.

5. Channe

Channe Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have no problems with the free marking putting SJWs and companies who push their disgusting ideology in the gutter. This is about national security.

6. Llewellyn Moss

Llewellyn Moss Well-Known Member

Funny when the subject is Starbucks, it really does cater to a certain crowd. Up here is Massachusetts, it's Dunkin' Donuts territory, you can't NOT find one somewhere.

There are a few Starbucks sprinkled around and when I do stumble into one, generally on a weekend, the vibe is very...pretentious, yes the lefty show is turned way up in there. Now there's a big progressive streak here in Mass., including the outright communist, so I am not particularly sensitive to it, but it is palpable, like going to certain cultural events, or political rallies.

Seems that Starbucks is well aware of who they are catering to and have a sense of their customers political leanings. They made a corporate announcement that they thought would rally the National Public Radio listeners of the nation to drink more of the their coffee. Too bad it's not working out so well.

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Starbucks openly admitted they planned to use discriminatory practices in their hiring process. That in itself is not only dumb, but illegal. I really don't care about this situation to much, but you can't discriminate against people because of ethnicity or religion.

8. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why would Strarbucks specify hiring just Muslim refugees? I smell fake news.

9. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

My wife used to go to Starbucks about once a day, then something happened and she cut back to about once or twice a week. When I told her about the 10,000 refugees she stopped going completely. Something Starbucks did got under her skin and this appeared to be the final straw.

10. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

Starbuck's Stock is basically at the same level it was in 2015 - so I'm going to call BS on this thread.

11. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

Most people say McDonalds coffee is better plus Starbucks baristas appear to be aging rapidly.

12. Daniel Light

They're not reporting much on it because Starbuck's stock value is about the same it was before the announcement. It's a propaganda piece by Beetlebart.

13. 3link

3link Well-Known Member Past Donor

Wait wait wait. Are you acknowledging that Brietbart is unreliable? Maybe there is hope. Maybe this country is not doomed.

14. Gatewood

You can also call a cat a dog . . . but it is still a cat. The Catch-22 is that if it is real then NO Mainstream Media organization will cover it since it makes the Left look bad. But no coverage is not the same thing as . . . no . . . existence.

- - - Updated - - -

I report. You decide. Personally I give it more credibility than I would to a CNN or MSNBC hit piece on the Right; but not a vastly greater credibility latitude.

15. ButterBalls

ButterBalls Well-Known Member

How about Yahoo finance or is it just anything you don't want to know or believe?

16. Daniel Light

Why would it make the left "look bad". Starbucks has been a left leaning institution since it's inception in that leftist haven called Seattle. It's become one of the Icons of
    American business. It's stock has increased about 200% in the last 5 years. Hardly an "embarrassment " for the left.

Got to ask why you have felt the need to continue with this lie when real life market value does not back your assertions.

17. ButterBalls

To be honest I have never seen the inside of a Starbucks, I'm a simple man my coffee comes from Keurig and a Dunkin Donut KCup :) For the price they want for a cup of joe it better be served topless with some wakka wakka music playing ;)

18. Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member Past Donor

Don't tell me... you'll be going to Starbucks today and ordering double sized, iced smoked butterscotch latte just to help them out through the hard times?

Good luck.

19. Fisherguy

It's Breitbart News; they've been proud of their lies for years. The official web site of the alt-right and the White Nationalist Movement. Or so said their big honcho, Steve Bannon. Now the consigliere of Donnie Trumpf. Their potential for creating disaster in this country makes ISIS look like Boy Scouts...

20. Daniel Light

So, no coverage means no existence to you ... then wouldn't it have more truthful for YOUR news service to also let it's readers know that Starbucks ALSO has a plan
    to hire 10,000 Vets and active duty spouses by 2018 and that they have ALREADY hired 5,500 of those they promised to?

21. Fisherguy

Wrong. Never been in a Starbucks. I make my own coffee every morning. You seem to know their menu, however.

22. Daniel Light

So you're going to boycott Starbucks and put the jobs of the 5,500 military vets and active duty spouses in jeopardy (not to mention the other 4,500 vets the company has planned to hire by 2018) just because Beetlebart tweeks your nose ring and tells you to. Way to support the troops. Not.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're going to boycott Starbucks and put the jobs of the 5,500 military vets and active duty spouses in jeopardy (not to mention the other 4,500 vets the company has planned to hire by 2018) just because Beetlebart tweeks your nose ring and tells you to. Way to support the troops. Not.

23. ButterBalls

Yahoo too? I left you a clear path to the Yahoo article, no BB or nothing *ziiing thwaaap* right to the graph and everything!

24. ButterBalls

And 10,000 Muslim refugee's, WhoooooooooWe they be confident company to be sure! That or every fifth visit gets you a free cup of MethaMocha Charger!

25. Ericb760

Ericb760 Well-Known Member Past Donor