How can anyone be against deporting criminal aliens

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by logical1, Feb 25, 2017.

1. logical1

logical1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

How can any real American possibly be against deporting criminal aliens? It is simply not logical to keep any alien here that is actually a criminal in the first place by breaking our immigration laws. Any of these criminal aliens that for instance drives a car without a license, drunk, and injures or kills someone, we simply do not need this kind of lawless person in this country.

Yet we see liberal democrat holding rallies and riots complaining about the fact the President want them out of the country NOW. I can only think of two reasons for this. First of all if Trump is for this, the radical left that ran the serial liar Hillary for president AUTOMATICALLY will take the side against Trump. The second reason is the fact they want as many illegals in the country as possible to salt the electorate in the future for democrats. It is sad that the radical left is so anti American.

2. ColdwarVet

ColdwarVet Active Member

I believe you are correct in both conclusions

3. frodly

frodly Well-Known Member

The reason is because every intelligent and sane person in the world recognizes the fact that ethics and morality only intermittently overlap with law.

I actually support strong border security, building a wall is simply an expensive way to do it. It is basically political theater. We could do 100 things that would more cost effectively maintain border security, but people are generally easily distracted and not very politically sophisticated, and those things would be too difficult for them to understand. A wall on the other hand.... they can see a wall!! Its big and bold. Like I said, it is showmanship.

However, getting back to the first statement I made, I am a decent and moral person. Therefore I think it is immoral to deport people who have been in this country for decades, into a country where they have nothing and no one. I think it is immoral to deport a young person who came here as a child, without any real control over the decision, back to a country they have never really lived in and don't at all know. I think it is immoral to deport the mother of American citizens out of America, while her children are left in limbo. So you may be ok with immoral behavior, simply because it is "following the law," but I'm not ok with that.

robini123 likes this.
  4. SillyAmerican

SillyAmerican Well-Known Member

I agree. Anybody who thinks this through is supportive of the President's actions; those in opposition usually fall into one of the two camps you identify.

The problem is that your morality argument is noticeably one-sided. You fail to mention the people being killed by those here illegally. (Here is the list of those individuals, in case you haven't been following along). I think the immorality that concerns most reasonable Americans is the one that says it's ok to have people who are currently in the country illegally doing harm to American citizens. You want to talk about immorality, you should start there...

5. usfan

usfan Banned

I think the answer is quite simple.

What better way to overload the infrastructure of America? What better way to breed chaos & lawlessness, & see the country break down in anarchy? What better way to import useful idiots who will vote to plunder the treasury, & fleece the producers of the nation? What better way to destroy the only successful experiment in self rule, & replace it with a marxist based ideology?

Open Borders.

6. An Old Guy

An Old Guy Well-Known Member

As usual the OP completely misses the point. No one is against the deportation of those who have committed criminal offences of the more serious variety (i.e. not broken tail lights, traffic tickets etc.). What about law abiding illegal aliens, this has been punted down the road for decades, quietly left alone by both sides of the political spectrum, for good reason(s). Is it entirely fair those illegals who have been doing the right thing, working & paying taxes FICA payments, municipal taxes etc are systematically booted out? They have children who were born in the US for heaven's sake - the US will be splitting up families and so on. Now, I know the right obviously doesn't care about family values when it comes to these folks but others of us do.

Homeland Security Director Kelly is in a bind, he has to contradict his lunatic boss at every turn. Just the other day in Mexico he had to walk back "military operation" and mass deportation. My view is mass deportation is definitely on the table - Trump wants to add 10,000 ICE deportation officers - this is almost 3X the current number of 5,800. Now, you don't add these kinds of numbers unless you want something very, very close to mass deportations. If this happens the US will be seen as an international pariah..........and Kelly knows this. Should be interesting.......

7. logical1

Where does you morality stand on the dead Americans that criminal illegals have killed. I dare you to discuss your "morality" with the families that have had members of their family killed by criminal aliens.

8. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

" The only sucessful experiment in self rule" ? The world is full of sucessful Democracies many of which are by many measures much more sucessful than America. The following link will give you a good start at what actually makes a country sucessful.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Happiness_Report

9. frodly

frodly Well-Known Member

We need to have that discussion? Ok.... killing people is immoral.... Can we now move on to something thoughtful and substantive?

10. frodly

frodly Well-Known Member

Since you made the same silly and inconsequential point, I'll just paste this here.

We need to have that discussion? Ok.... killing people is immoral.... Can we now move on to something thoughtful and substantive?

11. Just A Man

Just A Man Well-Known Member

Like many "holier than thou" you ignored the OP that spoke only to "criminal aliens". Why are you changing the narrative?

12. yabberefugee

yabberefugee Well-Known Member Past Donor

So....what is exactly your "statue of limitations" for violating our nations immigration laws? Where does the slippery slope begin? It sounds a little like "moral relativity" to me. How can we convey the thought that our laws clarify our morals so therefore if you want to partake in our culture, you must first obey our laws?

13. yabberefugee

"Law abiding illegal aliens"..... will you expound on that for me please?

14. frodly

frodly Well-Known Member

Read the OP again, they make it explicit that they are criminals because they are here illegally. If this is just about criminal illegal immigrants, then Democrats are also on board. Read about the secure communities program, which led to record deportations in 2012. That program was curtailed in 2014, as it was leading to a lot of deportations because of traffic violations and other insignificant offenses, but was replaced nonetheless. No one supports keeping violent immigrants, legal or otherwise, in America. It is just a straw man to distract from more substantive issues here.

15. mitchscove

mitchscove Well-Known Member Donor

Everyone knows that 2M illegal aliens were registered to vote, were encouraged to vote by Obama, and, in all likelihood, voted in November. Whether or not they get to vote, it's very likely that they will determine the apportionment of districts in 2020 ,,, giving them electoral college votes due the recent Supreme Court ruling.

16. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

I'm for deporting illegal aliens that have broken more laws than just not having the right piece of paper to step over the imaginary line we drew on the ground. But I'm not going to sit here and actually try and pretend that people who immigrated here illegally are in the same class of criminals as those who steal, hurt, or kill.

Sorry, I prefer reality.

17. yabberefugee

Some of us have had this "hunch" for over twenty years. There had to be a reason for the non- enforcement of our borders.mThough many of us in the trades were resentful of the competition of cheap labor competing for our jobs..... we understood the underlying reason.

18. logical1

But I guess you are AGAINST morality. Why not get rid of the immoral people since they are criminals in the first place.

19. Xenamnes

Xenamnes Banned

It is physically impossible to be law abiding, while also being an illegal immigrant in a foreign nation.

- - - Updated - - -

Pray tell what are these one hundred other things that would be more cost effective at maintaining border security?

20. Lesh

Lesh Banned

When the right stops claiming they are "criminal aliens" simply because of their immigration status you'll have point.

They won't because as studies have shown...illegal aliens have a considerably LOWER rate of criminal behavior than the regular citizendry

21. Fossil Fuel

Fossil Fuel New Member

Therefore I think it is immoral to deport people who have been in this country for decades, into a country where they have nothing and no one. I think it is immoral to deport a young person who came here as a child, without any real control over the decision, back to a country they have never really lived in and don't at all know.

Was it an immoral decision when the adult stepped foot into the US for the first time illegally? They didn't know anything about the US yet they made the decision to come here. We are finding ourselves to be the arbiter of what's moral and immoral based on our personal compass but we're not taking into account how the illegal feels and on their actions.
    Was it an immoral decision when the adult brought their child illegally into the US without any real control over the decision and not knowing anything about the country they were moving to? Again, we are making ourselves out to be the final arbiters on a decision that was made long before it affected us.

22. Lesh

Lesh Banned

Stop being reasonable. It makes the right wing crazy

23. Channe

Channe Well-Known Member Past Donor

If you don't believe in having a traditional American culture, and if you despise America as a whole, you would be for wanting to keep illegal immigrants who commit crimes in this country. It makes you realize just how dangerous progressive ideology is.

24. SillyAmerican

SillyAmerican Well-Known Member

You don't think it thoughtful or substantive for someone to point out that your morality argument is bogus? Gosh, what a surprise.

When the left stops making silly arguments like the one you're trying to make here, maybe you'll have a point. I fail to understand how you argue for a person being here illegal to the family members of people like Kate Steinle et. al. Tell them all about the lower rate of criminal behavior, I'm sure that will make them feel better. I don't know why I even bother to expect a cogent argument from so-called "progressives"...

25. Right is the way

Right is the way Well-Known Member

Why can't she simply take her kids with her back to where she come from?