Meet Arkady Factorovich

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Robert, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member Past Donor

Arkady and I first met around 1981. Later on, I opened the second real estate office and operated under my own name. My first firm was named for a city in Spain and was a corporation until the divorce from my former wife who was an officer of the corporation. I think you can see why I dissolved the firm.

I opened the new office on the corner of two main streets in my city and found out one day Arkady had rented above my office, a condominium unit he used for his architect's office. He told me his home was a mile or so distant. Anyway, we used to chat about his life in the Soviet Union. In the following video he mentions he was in the Russian army as an officer. He had to first put in one year as an enlisted man. With his university degree from Kiev, being an officer was going to be automatic, but first he must put in 1 year enlisted. He told me the dramatic difference in Russia for an enlisted man vs being an Officer.

Anyway, here he urges, as a member of the tea party to be appreciative for freedom and goes on to explain why we lack it.

This is c span so I can't do more than link you to the c span story.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?313449-1/tea-party-activists-rally-irs&start=10946