Did Huffington Post shut off it's comment section?

Discussion in 'Member Casual Chat' started by Angrytaxpayer, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Angrytaxpayer

Angrytaxpayer Banned

Any article I read there it seems there is no longer a facebook comment section. Did they turn it off?

2. monkrules

monkrules Well-Known Member

I read the other day that Huffpo is moving away from the 'anonymous' system to one in which posters have to use their real names. They feel this will result in more civil discussions. People have lots of mixed feelings about this.

With so many sites collecting information about users, I prefer to put as little info about myself as possible on the internet. I also enjoy the fact that anonymous posting allows posters to more freely express what they truly feel about a topic. A person posting under their real name might be so inhibited that they would post only messages they feel others would find acceptable, resulting in boring threads.

That said, I've become tired of Huffpo for a lot of reasons: lots of bad writing, boring blog posts, repetitive topics, too much racial stuff, etc. I don't go there much, anymore.

Try fark.com it's a much more interesting place, imo.

3. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

Even 0bama made fun of HuffPo. He correctly called it nothing but blogs.

4. daisydotell

daisydotell Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have looked at several sites with articles but no way to comment. Makes me wonder if they just don't want positive or negative feed back...mostly negative.