Podcast Idea

Discussion in 'Member Casual Chat' started by Xtremenerd, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Xtremenerd

Xtremenerd Well-Known Member

So I've been on this site for almost two months, and I have an idea. I've always enjoyed podcasts and think that they are a great way to broadcast analysis and opinions, I've recently discovered podbean, a podcast app that allows people to listen and publish podcasts. I think it would be really cool and helpful if this website had it's own podcast on that website. It would be called In Control,every week it would have a different host and each week would alternate between a left wing and right wing host who would be "in control" of the podcast each week. So a person wouldn't have to put to much time into doing an episode, and we could create a google calendar to help coordinate hosts. Each week whoever the host was could comment on hot topics on this website as well as analyze news from around the political landscape.

If anyone is interested in helping me jump start this please comment below, I think this is a good idea but if y'all dont that's fine.

2. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

The biggest problem here is equipment. I tried making a podcast with a couple of friends in school and we realised we had underestimated the importance of a good microphone. Sound quality is everything and I am not sure how many of the users on here own a decent mic or how many there are who would be prepared to buy one solely for this project.

Another part of the problem that must not be undetestimated is editing. There are good free programmes like Audacity, but editing takes more time and skill than one might think.

I'd say, if you really wish to start a pod then do it! You are alteady a member of this forum and that it is big advantage when it comes to sharing it (reaching out isn't as easy as it seems either). If you get going maybe a few of the users on here can be guests in your pod. ;)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Just_a_Citizen likes this.