Spicer checks WH staffers' phones for leaks, vows more searches coming

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Denizen, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Denizen

Denizen Well-Known Member

Sean Spicer has become Baghdad Bob's reincarnation.

Spicer has totally lost it as Trump succumbs to the grip of megalomania and applies heat downwards in his administration.

The unity is crumbling and GOP lawmakers are starting to rebel against Trump.

Will the Trump leaks push Trump over the edge into insanity?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ones-for-leaks-vows-more-searches-coming.html

2. Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member Past Donor

I hope they find perpetrator soon. And kick his a$$ out.

3. Freedom18

Freedom18 Member

With the Trump administration struggling to achieve some level of homeostasis, they will be too-self involved to push for any of their desired conservative policies. In addition, the leaks are pretty blatantly politically motivated(shown here), spun in a way as to humiliate the Trump administration and promote the left-wing narrative of that him and his friends are a league of tyrants. Also note how Sean Spicer and Trump react to the leaks. They refuse to acknowledge the leaked issue at hand and instead spin the topic in the direction of issue that the things are being leaked in the first place. Although this does solidify the Republican position that opposes the leaks but supports the things leaked, it does not sufficiently respond to the opposing Democrat perspective, which supports the leaks but opposes the things leaked. In short, the lack of acknowledgement of the information only increases the value of the information at hand. Spicer's and Trump's reactions only make them look guilty in the eyes of the left. And it's a little sad in a way, the leaked papers given to the AP for example could be totally fake/doctored, but considering their position as the most reputable news organizations on Earth that general response is unlikely.

Embarking on a highly public. political witch hunt to take down the leaks is not a good response to the situation, I think. It even further increases the value of the information. It makes the leakers look like heroes, essentially.

But think about it, the left has already dismissed the issues of the leakers and highlighted the importance of the leaked information. What the Trump administration could do instead is be more transparent. Release things out in the open before they have the opportunity to be leaked. Hell, they could release information every day, and it would create somewhat of a deluge where actually sifting through it all for scandalous information would be rather difficult. Left wing media would be forced to backpedal and instead scold for overreleasing, yet would quickly be caught in a quagmire of hypocrisy.

But I'm well aware not going after the leaker is a huge risk in of itself. Information that seriously undermines national security (ie military tactics, cyber infrastructure, other top secret material) could be let out. But I doubt that sense my premise is that these leaks are purely American politics at work. If it does turn out the person(s) responsible is of foreign origin, then I think the action taken would be much, much more justified.

Another thing the Trump administration could do is continue to go after the leakers, but talk more about the issues at hand, such as the National Guard rounding up immigrants accusation. That's a big one, I think. One of the reasons people, immigrants, their families, and their friends are scared is because they don't know. The concrete things as to what a Trump administration will do in wake of this immigration issue are still somewhat unknown. The big pictures, such as build the wall, depart them all, are known, but most oversimplified and not 100% realistic as to what actually can happen. I think the level of fear would go down somewhat if a dialogue could be created. A back and forth between government and people I think would decrease the tension, at least a little. Again, when the government stays silent, the opposition can sufficiently run wild with accusations and speculations.

From the Republican standpoint, it makes to take down the people responsible. One of the whole reasons Trump was elected in the first place because people were so sick of half measures. The witchhunt fires up his supporters, but fails to address half of the problem. So, that's my analysis of it all.

4. The Mello Guy

The Mello Guy Well-Known Member

Nothing builds unity like treating everyone like criminals lol