I Survived Another Black History Month

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Moi621, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Moi621

Moi621 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Does it get more racist than, Black History Month?
    Oh, Moi - you must understand their unique circumstances from slavery to freedom :blahblah:

I am waiting for Native America History Month, Latino History Month, Asian-American History Month
    because, y'know they all have unique circumstances different from the voluntary immigrant who came from Europe.

Although I was not so opposed to Black History month way back, I find myself more opposed since Harriet Tubman was tapped to replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill.

"One America
    No Hyphenated America" to paraphrase Theodore Roosevelt.​

Moi says, "Now More Than Ever". Whether feminist, LBGT, this or that - it is time to stop color, gender, sexual preference coded bean counting people of America. Stop Balkanizing America, and unite as one nation, under god ( small g, they were Deist, not Judeo-Christian.) , Indivisible (although I do support CalExit) with Liberty and Justice for all.
    Even perceived nut cases! Witness: http://www.politicalforum.com/political-opinions-beliefs/497352-ruby-ridge.html

Moi :oldman:

r > g

View attachment 47334
    Stop Creeping :flagcanada:ism
    Viva Acadia liberte
    Across an immense, unguarded, ethereal border, Canadians, cool and unsympathetic,
    regard our America with envious eyes and slowly and surely draw their plans against us.

2. TeaAddict

TeaAddict Active Member

Imagine the outcry if there was a white history month, a male history month, a straight history month, etc

Moi621 likes this.
  3. BlackHogGranolaBrown

BlackHogGranolaBrown Banned

If Black history month is designed to combat stereotypes, why isn't there a Polish history month to combat dumb Polak jokes, a German history month to combat the German Nazi stereotype, an Irish history month to combat the Irish drunk stereotype, or a Italian history month to combat the mafia stereotype.

4. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's just a way to get reasonable people to point out that Black History Month is silly and racist...

So that the Gestapo can finger you as a racist. Or an Uncle Tom if, like many blacks, you find this demeaning.

PS: Andrew Jackson must remain on the heavily inflated $20 Federal Reserve note just because you'd be hard picked to find an American who more furiously spoke out against central banks. If it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious.

5. BlackHogGranolaBrown

There might even riots over a White history month, by the same people who fight for Black history month.

It's a pure hypocrisy.

6. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

Well to be honest - As a History Major in College, that's pretty much been the other 11 months anyway.

Just say'n.

7. RonnieFan

RonnieFan Well-Known Member Past Donor

I wonder, would Democrats ever support a White History Month?

Okay, I won't be selfish, how about just a White History Week? That's not asking a lot.

8. RonnieFan

RonnieFan Well-Known Member Past Donor

So as the history major that you are, do you care to give us a little more detail about those 11 months?

9. BlackHogGranolaBrown

I'm still waiting for widespread American holidays for Polish heroes of America like general Pulaski, and general Koskiuszko, or for German heroes of America like general Von Steuben.

Instead we have Martin Luther King day about a Communist for Blacks, or Irish Saint Patricks day for Ireland, or Cinco De Mayo for Mexico, or Rosh Hashanah for Jews.

10. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

Black history month is racist. February sucks it's cold, rains/snows all the time, has shorter days and the economy is more sluggish.

White people gave black people one of the crappiest months of the year. They couldn't even get a desirable month.

11. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

omg stop shoving your privilege in my face ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing it's not December, we'd never hear the end of "We're at the back of the calendar".

Moi621 likes this.
  12. BlackHogGranolaBrown

What a privilege it was for my family to flee the Bronx, and Yonkers due to getting beat up, robbed, and burglarized by minorities.

My Irish great uncle, and his mother were the last to leave Yonkers, they were burglarized on 7 occasions.

13. Pycckia

Pycckia Well-Known Member

That's because it is actually important, not to mention interesting.

14. Belch

Belch Well-Known Member

You must have had a really bad bunch of professors if they focused entirely on whites for 11 months a year.

I studied linguistics myself, and if it weren't for youtube videos, I wouldn't know that chomsky was a white guy. Do they introduce Herodotus as a Greek white guy?

15. BlackHogGranolaBrown

A lot of Whites are clearly left out, I didn't learn about Serb Nikola Tesla, German Wernher Von Braun, or Ukrainian-Russian Sergei Korolev, or Polish-Russian Konstantin Ciolkowski in USA public schools, all important figures, but instead I learned about Black George Washington Carver who pales in comparison.

16. BlackHogGranolaBrown

A lot of the 11 months of White history, is in fact demonization of White history.

Sure, I wouldn't mind this if only others were singled out.

Such as why is the biggest genocide in history in India carried out by Muslims left out of the history books?

Why is it that we just learn about how bad Whitey was?

17. BlackHogGranolaBrown

My Irish great uncle from Yonkers grew up in the hood, well it wasn't initially, but became so.

They all called him Whitey Jay, but that just can't be racist.

Racism must be only for Whites to perpetrate.

18. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Banned

Sounds like they were just too lazy to get their own month. ;)

Are you saying there would be widespread opposition to a Polish History Month? I don't think so.

If you don't ask, then don't whine if you don't get.

19. BlackHogGranolaBrown

There is a Polish history month, but the Liberal status quo gives it no publicity, unlike Black history month.

20. felonius

felonius Active Member

well to be honest, as a white straight male, i feel guilty about my white privelege year round. So your a history major. Tell me, how did the irish do?

21. BlackHogGranolaBrown

The Irish Catholics did fine, so much so they tend to be a solid part of the productive North-East states, despite a Pogrom style attack on them in the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_nativist_riots

Funny how we also don't learn about the Philadelphia Nativist riots against Irish Catholics in our US school systems, either.

They don't seem to want you to know that White people even suffered, and understandably, the Liberal wants you to think Whites always have privilege, to make out their Black pets as equals.

22. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

It isn't a stereotype. Didn't you see The Godfather or the Sopranos?

Just kidding :wink:

23. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Banned

Then the Polish obviously don't give a sht. That is their choice.

Attention requires activism. If blacks have proven to stand up for themselves more than other ethnic groups, they should be commended for that, not chastised.

I don't remember seeing Polish people being beaten by police and run down with fire hoses. I do remember seeing that with blacks in the South.

Maybe the Poles aren't as motivated for good reason.

24. Belch

Belch Well-Known Member

I don't mind the revisionist version of history so much, as I do the racial bias that colors the revisionist interpretation. There are bad things people can do, but why is Hitler the most reviled man in all of history? Hell, he was Santa Claus compared to others. Why isn't Trump being compared to Genghis Khan? He was a bad mofo who left his DNA footprint across a large swath of Asia, whereas Hitler had Eva Braun.

And yes, the muslims have been largely ignored by the revisionists because, as you point out, they generally aren't white.

I thought the victors were able to write the history books, but it doesn't seem like that is the case these days.

25. BlackHogGranolaBrown

I'm not Italian at all, but I've had many Italian friends growing up, and I've never seen any kind of mafia connections in any of them, nor their families.

But, you got to wonder why the country of Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Vota, the leaning tower of Pisa, the Sistine Chapel, the Colosseum, and a fabulous cuisine, ended up as a butt of jokes in MTV's jersey shore, or in various Mafia movies, and TV shows.

Similar holds true for Poles, why did the nation which gave us Copernicus, Marie Curie, Chopin, Ignancy Lukasiewicz, and also a fabulous cuisine, end up as the butt of jokes as dumb Polak?