Which Party tries hardest to Suppress Voters?

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by Media_Truth, Feb 27, 2017.

?

Which Party tries hardest to Suppress Voters

1. Democratic Party

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. Green Party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Libertarian Party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Republican Party

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  1. Media_Truth

Media_Truth Well-Known Member Donor

A simple question. In your opinion, which Party tries the hardest to suppress votes. I'm talking about the blocking of voters - could be through intimidation, could be different required registrations (photo IDs, etc.), etc.

2. monkrules

monkrules Well-Known Member

That's easy, it's the tinfoil hat party: the republicans.

Those republican knuckle draggers who are more out-of-touch with reality, more extreme, and more easily manipulated by their puppeteers, believe that anyone who would vote for a Democrat must be commiting voter fraud. It's gotten so bad that these hapless tinfoil hat crazies and beginning to look more, and more, like hopeless tinfoil hat crazies. Fewer and fewer sane people are taking these silly fools seriously.

Suppressing the vote is one of the most unAmerican things anyone could do. Yet, republicans engage in it almost all of the time. So much for their phony flag waving and their meaningless flag lapel pins. Funny, they try so hard to "appear" patriotic, but it's all an act. A sham. A huge lie. Sadly, many of the trump supporters are too dumb and blind to figure it out.

3. Pollycy

Pollycy Well-Known Member

This is another slanted, warped, crap poll. Why? Because it is spring-loaded to find a "villain" that suppresses voters instead of identifying a political party as being HEROIC in its attempts to make everyone comply with the LAWS involved in who should be eligible to vote and who should NOT.

The Democrat Party would be happy to have anybody (ANYBODY), whether a citizen of this country or not, wander around and vote whenever and wherever they please, as often as they like. Republicans and Libertarians fight against this kind of vote-pandering and the welfare handouts which Democrats offer as a reward for votes.

The Greens? Who knows? They seem devoted to returning mankind to some kind of "wonderful" Stone Age existence where people usually died before they turned 30 years old. The more I see of Millennials, the more I have to admit that may not be such a bad idea after all! :smile:

4. Media_Truth

You could certainly start a poll titled "Which Party tries the hardest to Stop Voter Fraud", which seems to be your point.

There is probably some voter fraud in this country. It's inevitable with the number of voters. However, many of these assertions have been proven over-inflated or unjustified. For example, the voting commissioner in New Hampshire, refuted Trump's assertion that illegal voters were bused to New Hampshire, from other states, to vote.

5. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

It can't be Republicans because if there was documented case we'd have been hearing about it for months.

6. Pollycy

Indeed, from "the voting commissioner in New Hampshire" I'd expect nothing else.

The Democrat Party has been proven to have been involved up to its earlobes in voter fraud since at least the end of World War II. But I honestly cannot recall a single instance of anyone even trying to charge the Republican Party with doing the same kinds of things. Start with Robert Caro's "Means of Ascent" and see what Lyndon Johnson pulled off in Texas in 1948....

[​IMG]

7. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Too hard to call. Both do it. But having a sound voter registration, requiring a birth certificate and another form of ID is not suppression. Having a picture ID is common sense in the times we live in, and it can be arranged so it should suppress no one. You cannot get by in our society without a picture ID.

Both parties purge voter rolls, , intentionally suppressing votes as happened to sanders voters in Brooklyn, hidden behind plausible deniability.

Now that I think about it, the dems are probably the worst. I just remembered the DNC and wilkileaks showing them to be banana republic bastards. That is the mentality that would suppress voters. If you give them the opportunity. They think like criminals.

8. Media_Truth

Since you started out with this statement, I'm focusing on it. For some strange reason, I would be trustful of somebody who was elected voting commissioner of New Hampshire. I would hate to have that kind of chip on my shoulder, that I wouldn't trust such a person. Of course I prescribe by the "innocent until proven guilty" tenant in my everyday life.

9. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

Notice how nobody has provided any evidence that Democrats are even trying to suppress the vote.

10. Just_a_Citizen

Just_a_Citizen Well-Known Member Past Donor

Not voting. Crap poll.

What I find odd, is requiring ID in order to vote, being considered a "bad" thing, or somehow trying to block voters.

You need an ID for just about everything, & to walk about in my state, and others, without one, is "illegal".

Most states have programs that will "fund" those strapped for cash with an ID.

11. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trying to suppress voter fraud is not trying to suppress voting.

In some places in the country, Democrats institute or try to institute "open primary" rules to insure that Republican candidates are not even on the ballot in the general election. You end up getting to choose between two Democrats. No Republicans, no third parties.... just Democrats.

12. Pollycy

Sorry, I admit that was painting with an overly-broad brush. I've gotten to the point where I see nearly everything in all of New England as disgustingly and overpoweringly liberal... and in the 21st Century that means radical Democrat. It's so bad that even the few Republicans that are elected to Congress from New England are no better than RINO's -- at best.

It's THIS kind of crap that really burns me up. I wish this liberal RINO (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) would just go ahead and become a Democrat. She bears no resemblance to any Republican that I've ever had any use for.... http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-trump-cabinet-member-and-for-obama-stimulus/

But! That's not New Hampshire. So I was wrong, strictly speaking, about New Hampshire. I do apologize for being too willing to paint with such a broad brush.

That said, it doesn't change the fact that the Democrat Party has been closely tied to election fraud for at least 70 years, and maybe a lot longer than that.

13. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

I will let a superdelegate decide for me.

14. Crossedtoes

Crossedtoes Active Member

Obviously this would have to fall on Republicans since they favor voter ID laws. But Democrats go too far in the opposite direction, it's extremely easy to register to vote in California.

15. Media_Truth

In general I'm not against voter IDs. It wouldn't change the results of an election one iota. This is just propaganda. However, if this would eliminate mail-in ballots, I am totally against it. I'm from Colorado, and I love mail-in ballots - no trip, no long lines, more people tend to vote - it's a win-win-win...

16. Spim

Spim Well-Known Member Past Donor

I voted democrats, they seem to be the ones going out of their way to not get proper ID. From my POV life would be so much more difficult without any form of ID than it would be with one in my wallet so I can only assume that those people prefer to make things hard on themselves. (93 yr old great grandmothers born by midwife in a cabin in the woods excluded from my criticism)

17. Homer J Thompson

Homer J Thompson Banned

Black panthers ring a bell?

18. Homer J Thompson

Homer J Thompson Banned

Oh I get it, if republicans want to stop illegals from voting, they're suppressing the illegal voters. Oh the audacity.

19. Media_Truth

So what do you think of mail-in ballots?

20. Homer J Thompson

Homer J Thompson Banned

I'm sure there are justifications for "some" needing to use them but I think as a general rule, showing your ID in person only makes sense.

21. Just_a_Citizen

Honestly, mail-in ballots on a limited scale are good, but showing up & providing an ID is gooder.

22. Woolley

Woolley Well-Known Member

If you want everyone to have a valid ID to vote, then vote to fund free IDs for everyone and cover all expenses related to out of pocket costs for everyone to get that ID. Then, wait for at least 99% coverage of all eligible voters before demanding we present this ID in order to vote.

23. Spim

Spim Well-Known Member Past Donor

my parents use mail in's, but I'd prefer face to face ballot with ID in hand.

Not sure how it is in other area's of the country, but its much better in my area of FL than ever before, we had a couple weeks of early voting in several area's around the city/county, I did mine when I happen to stop in at the tag office for other reasons, wife just shuffled over to the local library, combined 5 minutes worth of effort for both of us.

The lines in 08' 12' in my county were absolutely terrible, only one early voting lcoation and the lines were around the building. The supervisor fixed that problem for 2016 but we still voted her out by a wide margin due to the failures in 08' and 12'

24. Just_a_Citizen

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=ipad&p=free+state+id+cards&pcarrier=&pmcc=&pmnc=

Simple search.

There are options for people to obtain no cost ID's.

25. Media_Truth

This is a good point. Yeah, and the IDs will have to have some kind of microchip to prevent fraud. But wait - don't they want LESS GOVERNMENT???