Ukraine Gets Ultimatum From The New Republics In Donbas

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by Jeannette, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

A joint statement was issued by the Lugansk and Donetsk Republics that if the blockade was not lifted in two days, they will take over the Ukrainian industries in the Donbas Republics, and stop all coal deliveries. The Republics will re-orient the industries towards Russia and other nations.

Why do I have a suspicion that Poroshenko or the Nazi militia will have some false flag attack to throw the blame of the renewal of fighting on Russia or the Republics? Maybe because they're done it before? The last time Kiev was given an ultimatum, they shot down the airliner and threw the blame on Vladimir Putin to get out of their entrapment.

I sure hope Russia doesn't stop them this time... Putin did promise that if Minsk II failed, He will allow them to go for it.
    :oldman:

The Lugansk and Donetsk People’s Republics promise to stop coal deliveries to Ukraine if the railway blockade is not lifted. This has been announced in a joint statement by the head of the LPR, Igor Plotnitsky, and DPR head Alexander Zakharchenko.

“We are compelled to declare that if by 00:00 on Wednesday (March 1st, 2017) the blockade is not lifted, then we will introduce external management at all enterprises under Ukrainian jurisdiction that are working in the DPR and LPR. We will cease to supply coal to Ukraine. Now there is neither the ability nor a payment plan for coal supplies,” the statement reads.

Zakharchenko and Plotnitsky also noted that all production processes in the republics will be re-oriented to focus on the markets of Russia and other countries, which was one of their main platform promises.

Approximately 30% of coal for electricity and heat generation that is purchased by Ukraine is in the DPR and LPR. Ukraine has practically no other option to quickly replace this coal source, nor is it capable of increasing the volume of oil drilling. Less than 9 billion cubic meters are left in its storages, which is insufficient to ensure the country’s heating and electricity needs.

http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/02/donbass-gives-kiev-ultimatum-lift.html

2. Ninian

Ninian Banned

That is a concerning development.

And the worst part of this concern - it threatens regular citizens, on both sides. Ugh.

3. zoom_copter66

zoom_copter66 Well-Known Member

What does this mean, the militia will take over the industries? This is in the LDPR, what the rebels or russian terrorists don't already control it? What other "nations" will they orient themselves? Other than Russia? Hopefully this time terrorists like mad Zak will end up like Givi and moto!

4. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

I thought Putin had all this under control. Is he the strong man of eastern Europe or not?

5. Ninian

Ninian Banned

From what I heard, president of Ukraine, that from western point of view controls these regions, claimed to have this all under control.

Apparently borth of them only achieved things getting (*)(*)(*)(*)ed up again. We'll see whithin... ...next twenty two hours.

6. zoom_copter66

Is this the same Zacharchenko that claimed Ukraine will..burn..after the death of motorola and Givi(tolstykh)?

7. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

Putin is not involved, but he did say this time if the fighting starts, he will be sending in volunteers and maybe even give advance equipment to the new republics. Poroshenko's only survival politically is to distract the Ukrainian people from their hardships by going to war. Then again it might be a ruse by Poroshenko so he could blackmail and get more money from the EU.

8. zoom_copter66

By sending in volunteers, you mean russian military and military aid to the terrorists in the LDPR.s o in other words invade, occupy, stage sham elections like in Crimea?

9. Ninian

Ninian Banned

Do not forget, there are dangerous terroristic elements on both sides here. Practical question is - which government can effectively protect people in the region from them, and stop the armed conflict. Being it ukrainian or russian, that will return security to people, and give them opportunity to make a democratic decidion over what administration they prefer.

I still insist, that crimean referendum is legit, and RF military was present to prevent ukrainian unstable and disorganized government in that period of time from sending their own soldiers, as well as to prevent rise of armed radicals, like it happened in Lugansk and Donetsk, where russian military was not present, and where Ukraine supposed to protect people and sobjugate dangerous elements in an instant.

As a side note - both governments, in my opinion, are unefficient to a criminal extent, corrupted and consist from unreliable people who not following interests of their electorate. But in Crimea not a single gun was fired, and Ukraine had armed riots in capital even before any word of possibility of referendum was spoken.

And currently my friend in Kharkov has to charge accumulators at home, because of risk of rolling blackouts.

10. Skypiercer

Skypiercer Member

The truth is Russia doesn't need Donbas coal. They are bluffing.

11. Skypiercer

Skypiercer Member

It is the same Zakharchenko who claimed that they could overrun Europe and take London but when Ukrainians broke Minsk agreement two months ago and started shelling Donetsk, he begged European leaders and United Ntions to stop them.))

12. Ninian

Ninian Banned

Do not underestimate stubborness of politicians. They may cut coal deliveries just out of principle.

And guess who will be feeding people in DNR and LNR, and who will be helping Ukraine with energy crisis.

If this will grow in prolonged act - I will not be surprised with rise of taxes. Do not sure where EU will get money for supplying energy to Ukraine, though. But have no doubts, that they will get involved.

13. zoom_copter66

Whoa..take London! Means going through France too, both countries have nukes! That cooould be a problem, lol!😃

14. zoom_copter66

IDK, how can you raise taxes when most people have almost none to begin with, Ukraine is Europe's basket case that mostly survives on IMF handouts, and maybe EU, and fighting a "war" in the east.

15. BlackHogGranolaBrown

BlackHogGranolaBrown Banned

Ukraine has had a major problem, it's called Russians.

16. BlackHogGranolaBrown

The analysis has found that a rocket launcher from Russia bought down the Malaysian plane.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-crisis-mh-idUSKCN11Y0WN

17. Ninian

Ninian Banned

I meant raise of taxes in RF, since it is likely going to support civilians in LNR and DNR, as EU is likely to assist Ukraine with energy crisis, if that conflict does not gets solved adequately.

18. zoom_copter66

Yes, not only Ukraine...Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Kazakhstan, konigsberg(Kaliningrad), Moldova(Bessarabia), Belarus???idk.

19. zoom_copter66

You got sanctions on Russia, how much more can you raise taxes there? And oil per bbl is 50-53$US right now, Russia needs oil over $100US.

20. Ninian

Ninian Banned

I'd rather say Ukraine's problem is inadequate government, incapable of proper foreign policy. If previous administrations at least managed to maintain order in country to a certain point, post-coup government appears to be not doing that.
    I'd rather say Ukraine's problem is constant foreign involvement in it's politics, that distracts the givernment, already busy, from the problems inside country itself.
    I'd rather say Ukraine's problem is lack of good infrastructure, social security and stability. And you would rather point on my own country and blame my nation, than recognize that problems I have presented above, are not getting solved by pointless blame.

21. BlackHogGranolaBrown

Ukraine had roughly half the per capita income GDP as Russia in the early 1990's, and Ukraine still has roughly half the per capita income GDP as Russia today.

But, why was Ukraine behind Russia in the early 1990's?

Who was responsible for Ukraine before that?

22. Ninian

Ninian Banned

Taxes can be raised as much as needed. Goverment under pressure does not bothers with needs of people. It may have did before, but now that choises of people have been narrowed to support of legit - even if corrupted - government, or facing fate of Middle East - what can be done? We can only tighten belts, take care of our relatives who lost jobs or homes, and wait for presidental elections to peacefully and legally elect somebody, who may really care about the needs of people more, than about playing scarecrow for sake of assisting Washington in spreading their influence in Europe.

NATO, I remind you, been founded as military alliance against Soviet Union. Without Union it looses it's meaning and turns into a show of power, an open threat to world's peace. And thus - I would not be surprised, if our alienating foreign policy in last fifteen years have been aimed to provide NATO resons for existence and expansion.

23. dixon76710

dixon76710 Well-Known Member

You dwell in an alternate reality within your own mind.

24. Ninian

Ninian Banned

Why is mainly agrarian region of Soviet Economy, that relied mainly on industry located in other regions of country, appears to be economically weaker than conjunction of majority of these regions?
    Because of that. Because economy of one country, being split in pieces, cannot go on with no consequences. Because if you cut few states from USA, and then compare them, they will have different incomes. Because country, broken, torn apart, with borders drawn where previously people travelled freely, where families being made across the half of the planet, cannot do well.

And if you think otherwise - look at hysteria over United Kingdom leaving European Union. And they were not even a single country, but an economic union. They had different citizenships and laws.

Unlike Soviet Union, that been tightly bonded as one country, one economy, one people - of various nations, ethnics, places of birth - but one citizenship.

25. zoom_copter66

I somehow think Putin will be your next president....again. He doesn't seem to have any opposition, unless he releases Navalny, and doesn't throw him in jail again, even then I doubt he'll be much of a challenge.