Media lie of day.. 2/24/17

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by petef56, Feb 27, 2017.

1. petef56

petef56 Well-Known Member

MEDIA LIE OF THE DAY.. 2/24/17
    The White House sought out the FBI with request that they knock down Trump-Russia stories and the FBI refused because it's in violation of procedures that limit communications with the FBI.

THE LIE:
    FBI refused White House request to knock down recent Trump-Russia stories
    Updated 12:19 AM ET, Fri February 24, 2017
    FBI refused WH request on Trump-Russia stories
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/polit...st-to-knock-down-recent-trump-russia-stories/

THE TRUTH
    Listen at least from 17:45 to 19:00
    2/27/17: White House Press Briefing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJzDOXNhhW4

See folks, without even reading the CNN article, ask yourself what impression you had on this story from all you've heard in the mainstream media. Compare that to what you gathered from the full context of the White house briefing above and decide what is the truth.

-pete-

2. fizbo

fizbo Well-Known Member

The MSM has learned that they can throw out distortions and untruths, and not suffer any consequences. At best, they'll tweet out a weak retraction, but by then the damage is already done. Your example is just one of too many.

3. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

A Sean Spicer press conference is tha truth.

Interesting.

The White House admitted they asked the FBI to play propaganda machine.

4. Think for myself

Reality says in this case they wanted the FBI to play propaganda machinate to make the president look like less of a (*)(*)(*)(*)ing fool.

Sadly for Trump the FBI does have some standards, and running around braying fake news like an (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) is outside their purview, through standard of the administration.

It is not he FBI's job, at the behest of the president's whining (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)es, correct the media.

5. petef56

petef56 Well-Known Member

Agreed. So let's all work together to document each and every lie. When we have accumulated enough of them, we can publish them in one convenient package online in a place that will be most effective.

Expose a media lie and title your post: Media Lie of the Day - mm/dd/yy

-pete-

6. sawyer

sawyer Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's the leftist headline trick. You hope people only read the headline and don't read clear to the end of the article where the facts are hesitantly disclosed. This also gives you cover when people call you out, " what, we gave the whole story, eventually":wink:

Just_a_Citizen likes this.
  7. Jestsayin

Jestsayin Well-Known Member Past Donor

The only people that watch CNN and MSNBC are those mentally affected by the outcome of the election. Apparently those results have caused a huge uptick in negative posts from some individuals that cannot cope with reality.

8. fizbo

fizbo Well-Known Member

More important, reality says the FBI first approached the White House with the news that there is nothing there. The piece of the reality that the media conveniently left out.

Focus can be a btch....

9. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

Going to post this every time the Trump FanBoys whine like little children over their dude's treatment by the press -

The King of the Birthers DOES NOT get to cry about "fake news".
    End of story.

10. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

No, like I said, Trump's administration wants law enforcement to tell truth.

The rabid Left has been spewing unsubstantiated nonsense about Russian involvement for months on end.

Not one single piece of evidence has ever come up.

Whats more, we've had this conversation at least 20 times by now and neither you (nor anyone else I've had it with) has ever ...EVER ...responded with evidence.

Trump wants the FBI to come in and lay the final word down, and so do I.

Let me ask you this question.

When the FBI, the DHS, the CIA, and the NSA all finish their investigations and report to you that there is no proof ...will you accept it?

11. Think for myself

It is not the job of the FBI to protect trump from bad publicity.

12. Daniel Light

Did Trump ever accept the investigations by those same entities over the Birther Issue? Sorry - this is how it feels to be in the Oval Office. Somebody's always
    going to be second guessing your actions and decisions. Trump's just a whole lot more thin skinned about taking said criticism. And if he keeps fighting
    with the press and his fellow Republicans, he's going to end up with nothing done at the end of four years. By this time, Obama had already passed major legislation through Congress.

Meanwhile, Trumps "secret" plan to defeat ISIS is DOA.

13. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yeah that's not going to work anymore.

You do know no one is fooled by that right?

Here's proof:

Thanks Obama!

[​IMG]

14. Think for myself

I have no idea what this off topic nonsense has to do with me or anything I said. Please leave me out of the "but Obama" nonsense. I live in the present day, and refuse to excuse Trump's stupidity by trying to blame Obama for (*)(*)(*)(*) he had nothing to do with.

15. Daniel Light

I was merely pointing out that "fake news" is not new - it's been around for awhile, and since Trump was King of Birthers, he's as much
    to blame for "fake news" as anybody.

Live by the sword - die by the sword. Trump and FanBoys are going to have to grow thicker skins. Nixon went the same route - blaming the press for all his
    trouble and retreating into a siege mentality. It wasn't the way to go.

16. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I was right I just won a bet with myself!

I'll explain how it's entirely on-topic.

You see, this thread is about the media and leftists using spin and deception when making statements, which, of course, is exactly what you just did in the previous post I replied to.

I'm just letting you know that no one is falling for it, and showed you how I know.

You're welcome!

17. Lesh

Lesh Banned

SO this ends up being the Trump Administration lie of the day

18. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Well-Known Member

The truth will out.

19. fizbo

fizbo Well-Known Member

I personally don't like the term fake news. That implies something is completely made up, which I don't believe the MSM intentionally does. However, it's well documented that the MSM has ramped up sloppy, incomplete and intentionally misleading reporting since Trump came on the scene. It's reached an epidemic we haven't seen in recent journalistic history. The fact that the NYT has stated they will report on Trump through the lens of him being a demagogue and racist says it all. As slimy as the NYT is, they at least had the courage to admit what the others just silently do.

It's not a matter of thick skin, but acknowledging reality. An interesting NBC/WSJ poll that just came out shows the majority feel the press is too critical of Trump. The walls around the MSM are forming cracks that aren't going to get any smaller. It's fun to watch.

That's not the fault of anyone other than the so called "free press". It's their decision, and theirs alone. Blaming this on Trump is just disingenuous, sorry.

The Birther nonsense is over. It's like blaming your parents for bad decisions you make as an adult. It's weak and lacks substance. If it makes you feel better, the Birther stuff started with Hillary's campaign. I also find it very telling that Obama himself did everything he could to keep the "controversy" alive, because it was politically advantageous. He was laughing every time a new accusation rang out.

20. therooster

therooster Banned

Lol. Nice spin and deflect. Did you read the evidence?

21. Daniel Light

Just as Trump wants to keep the "fake news" thing in the headlines- it's red meat for his voters. It's a Shinny Penny -something Trump can point at say, "Look!" while he tries to distract your attention from his problems with his own party and lack of progress with his "secret" ISIS plan and the major problems he is having changing Obamacare.

22. fizbo

fizbo Well-Known Member

I don't disagree on Trump and fake news. He has momentum and he's milking it for all it's worth. It's not a coincidence that the NYT is offering 50% off new subscriptions and running TV ads trying to reassure people they're honest. LOL, we'll see how well that works out.

As far as problems, he's experiencing the enormity of establishing a new administration while fending off a leftist rat infestation. It's only been a little more than a month. Despite the obstacles, he's accomplished much in the economic front. The other pieces should soon start falling into place.

23. Think for myself

Yes. The White House confirmed they asked the FBI to counter the news as reported.

24. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

Ok, so ...err ...basically ...

...your answer to this question:

...is a noooooooo.

You heard it here folks, its not the "job" of law enforcement to tell the truth.

This will come back to bite you. :wink:

But to ask again...

When the FBI, the DHS, the CIA, and the NSA all finish their investigations and report to you that there is no proof ...will you accept it?

25. Think for myself

Which is not what I stated.