+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: On to Iran

  1. Default

    A war with Iran would only bring a country that is almost bankrupt totaly bankrupt. Iran will not attack the U.S. Don't beleive everything you hear on CNN. It is talked about more in this radio broadcast

    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/urbanwa...ar-with-iran-1

  2. Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities, debt consolidation

  3. Default

    Iran has a mostly democratic government, complete with elections and a parliament and everything. They also have some legitimate grievances against the US, including Operation Ajax, our support for the Israeli occupation of Palestine, and our support for kings and dictators of Sunni countries, especially our sale of chemical weapons to Saddam during the Iran-Iraq war.

    Maybe we should realize the error of our ways; apologize for our past screw-ups; dump Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar as allies; lift sanctions against Iran; and try to get the Iranians on our side.
    I will knit you a nice S.T.F.U.
    The world needs more philosophy majors working at Starbucks.
    - Up on the Governor

    If you teach a man to fish, he may eat for a lifetime. Unless he hates to eat fish. Then you will have just wasted his time.
    - Demand Euphoria

  4. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Monarch View Post
    Iran has a mostly democratic government, complete with elections and a parliament and everything. They also have some legitimate grievances against the US, including Operation Ajax, our support for the Israeli occupation of Palestine, and our support for kings and dictators of Sunni countries, especially our sale of chemical weapons to Saddam during the Iran-Iraq war.

    Maybe we should realize the error of our ways; apologize for our past screw-ups; dump Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar as allies; lift sanctions against Iran; and try to get the Iranians on our side.
    Oh yes, they are so democratic that they had massive protests (including where people were killed by the Iranian security forces) when the last election was rigged.

    And no, we will never be their ally again. For those to young to remember, we were their ally at one time. However, they had this revolution about 33 years ago, and now to them we are the "Great Satan".

    Your post shows a great lack of understanding of both the history of the region, and the political climate that exists there.

  5. Default

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Iraq we were fighting the terrorist groups present and not the Iraqi's army so you can't compare the Iran-Iraq war. Second off the fighting in Iraq was guerrilla warfare, which I personally feel would be less prevalent in Iran if we went to war. If we go to war with them, shouldn't we support our soldiers regardless if we agree with it or not. They're the one's that are fighting it, we're not. So if we go to war, support our boys on the front line, and if we don't be glad a mom doesn't have to worry about losing her son. This is America, we should stand united regardless if its war or peace time.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urbanwarzone View Post
    A war with Iran would only bring a country that is almost bankrupt totaly bankrupt. Iran will not attack the U.S. Don't beleive everything you hear on CNN. It is talked about more in this radio broadcast

    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/urbanwa...ar-with-iran-1
    War with Iran will not bankrupt this country. America is the greatest country in the world and no one has the resolve we do. Over through of the Iranian government will break the strong hold OPEC has on the gas prices witch will improve our economy.
    Not every Liberal is a lazy person, but every lazy person is a liberal


  7. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johntherepublican View Post
    War with Iran will not bankrupt this country. America is the greatest country in the world and no one has the resolve we do. Over through of the Iranian government will break the strong hold OPEC has on the gas prices witch will improve our economy.
    The most amazing thing I think when people talk like this, is that they really have no idea what they are talking about.

    For example, do you know that only 2 of the top 5 oil producing nations in the world belong to OPEC? And that only 4 of the top 10 oil producing nations belong to OPEC? And only 11 of the top 20 oil producing countries belong to OPEC?

    The price of oil in recent decades has been much less influenced by OPEC, and more by supply and demand, and other nations. And the overthrow of OPEC would not mean as much as you think, since Saudi Arabia produces 3 times what Iran does. SA itself makes up about a third of total OPEC oil production.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johntherepublican View Post
    War with Iran will not bankrupt this country. America is the greatest country in the world and no one has the resolve we do. Over through of the Iranian government will break the strong hold OPEC has on the gas prices witch will improve our economy.
    Perhaps you misunderstood all of our posts.

    We think its a bad idea.

    Lots and lots of reasons why, but bottom line- bad idea.
    The real harm is to our children. As long as we remain suspicious of the wrong people, predators will continue to have free reign to abuse innocent children. If they remain free from scrutiny because everyone else is focusing on gays and lesbians, more young lives will continue to be shattered and more parents will suffer the agonizing heartache of learning that they trusted someone who destroyed their child’s future.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks