Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Josephwalker, Oct 25, 2020.
The only people perceiving insanity are the same ones creating it.... the left.
Let me know if you want more evidence of Democrats' culpability in the 2008 financial crisis.
Your post exemplifies the extremist choices Trump & his supporters offer for everything.
1. Make America Great? As a liberal Democrat, my view of a "Great" America is one where she lives the ideals expressed in the Declaration of Independence in 1775, recognizing that "all men are created equal," but applying that ideal to every American regardless of their color, gender, religion, or economic status.
2. In 2008, Obama inherited an economy losing over 750,000 jobs per month. Over his 8 year term, he turned that devastation into a strong, healthy economy producing jobs in the millions. Trump inherited Obama's successful economy & in less than four years, has turned it into the worst disaster since the Great Depression. The illusion that Republicans are stronger leaders in the economic front is deeply rooted & hard to weed out, but in truth, the Great Depression of 1929, was the result of economic mismanagement by the Republican President Calvin Coolidge. The Great Recession of 2008, was caused by the economic negligence of Republican President GW Bush. Both of these economic disasters were fixed by succeeding Democratic Presidents. History demonstrates far superior economic leadership by Democrats over Republicans for anyone interested enough or open-minded enough to do a little research.
3. Republicans see strengthening the economy only in singular dimensions. They think if you give large corporations & America's wealthiest families huge tax breaks, they'll automatically use that extra money to build businesses that will employ more workers, & that will boost the overall economy. Democrats see strengthening the economy as a multi-dimensional process, where you do offer incentives to corporations & our wealthiest families, but you also do things to improve the income of the workers too. Increasing worker pay increases the monies they'll spend on an ever widening selection of goods & services as their ability to afford them increases. Democrats see that workers play just as important a part in growing an economy as businessmen do, but Republicans simply leave them out.
4. The U.S. had a healthy trade with a multitude of other countries scattered around the globe before Trump. But Trump has cancelled treaties, broken trade agreements, maligned our allies, & made most every country around the world, friend & foe alike, question our integrity, our dependability, our honesty, & our worth as trading partners. Trump has achieved absolutely nothing to improve trade over how it was before he became President. He's done exactly the opposite.
5. Like most Trumpsters, & even most current Republicans, you envision the worst possible scenarios for Democrats--your loyal opposition. I'm a Democrat, & I don't support anything you say in your #5 sentence. That's pure Trumpist propaganda, & as useless as the space you took to state it. American can never be "Great" again as long as it remains divided & unwilling to work together for our mutual good. Trump is a divider. I can't imagine anyone supporting Trump who is not a divider. Biden wants to heal the nation & reunite us as a people. I agree with Biden's aim, so I support him. America needs a healer, not a divider. Trump regards himself as a fighter. His actions support that conclusion. But right now America needs a peacemaker, not a fighter. Biden is a better choice for 2020.
Obama didn't "fix" anything. He actually just let things recover naturally. If we had elected bozo the clown instead, the same recovery would have happened. When Obama was elected- you didn't see any serious movement in the stock market, because investors knew there wouldn't be anything done. When Trump was elected, the market took off big time and has been setting records ever since.
The core difference between conservatives/republicans and the liberal/democrats is who is going to pay the bills. It's easier for anyone to spend other people's money- thus the democratic (and socialistic) visions of government appeal on that basis. Thus, FDR "fixed" the great depression with other people's money- people that weren't even born yet, and that debt will be inherited by your grandchildren and their grandchildren.
It's much harder to be responsible for yourself- pay your own way, refuse to lean on your fellow man and expect him to carry you. Takes a bit more pride and self-respect, but those who have what it takes do very well. I'm 79, have been dirt poor and broke with cancer- but paid all my own bills, never took so much as an unemployment check, didn't inherit. Now, I have zero debt, a healthy 7-figure net worth. Last years income taxes were only $46K; some years they have hit 6 figures. How is that possible without "socialism"? And if socialism supports us, who is going to pay for it?
There is no free lunch- never has been. But there are freeloaders, OPM addicts. Addicted to spending "Other People's Money".
IF every person took care of just ONE person, who would be left uncared for? That's the fairest possible system there is.
Biden built his campaign on a lie: he said he ran for president based on President Trump saying there were good people on both sides in Charlottesville. And he twisted those words to say that Trump was referring to white supremacist, when in fact he was referring to people like this man:
If Biden had good intentions, if he truly wanted to heal and unite, as you say, the foundation of his campaign would not be built upon such a divisive lie. So you are lying for ol' lying Joe. Biden could have been truthful and said that he was running for president because that has been what he has been doing for the last 30 years, pretty much, but he decided to use a virulently divisive lie for political gain. Disgusting.
We leftists see hate there because there is hate there. Yes, Trump is "pro-American." So am I and many of my fellow Democrats. But I am pro-America alongside pro-allies & trading partners. I don't want America to win at the expense of others. I want America to win alongside others. I want the actions of America to improve the lives of everyone everywhere, not just in America. Trump doesn't want any of that. Trump doesn't even care about other Americans. Trump cares about Trump & only Trump. He's fundamentally incapable of empathy or compassion, or caring for others. Trump is a walking nightmare. He was born into extreme wealth; has had every conceivable opportunity to do with his life anything that caught his fancy. He could have become anything he wanted to be. He could have accomplished any one from a long list of achievements with his life that could have made a difference in the world around him. But instead, he has spent his entire life focused exclusively on himself & his own personal wants & needs--his whims. He craves ever more wealth, power, & admiration, but gives nothing out to deserve any of them. He is filthy wealthy, & has the position of greatest power of any world leader, yet he is consistently miserable. Trump is the ultimate example proving that neither wealth nor power makes anyone happy. Even further, Trump is the ultimate example that even if you gain everything on Earth you regard as worthy of the effort, nothing on Earth is permanent, & nothing ever assures happiness if it comes from outside yourself. Trump is a miserable human being. Trump is a miserable President. Trump is a failed leader. Trump is BAD for America & the world, because he brings nothing positive to either. Biden is by far the better choice for 2020. Biden brings hope, healing, & a desire to reunite America. America needs that.
Here's a good hate example.
Protesters attack 'Jews for Trump' vehicle convoy in New York City
Thank you for the hate filled rant on Trump and making my point for me.
Manson is still in jail, but I would probably vote for him over Donnie Dark if he got out.
Donald Trump is the lowest form of human existence and no parole board can ever sign a document saying he has reformed and is now worth a second chance.
You blew your case when you threw in "Economic status" into the constitutional statement of equality. Since your economic status results from your efforts, but you want to gift it to all- why not include the other things? Happiness for example. We have a great happiness inequality in America. IF you are entitled to require others provide for you financial status, why not insist they make you happy?
Of course, some are already doing that. The rioters, the BLM, are all about acting out violence until somebody appeases the angry. Them, and small children throwing tantrums because their parents are liberal and tolerate it.
The right to liberty entitles you to pursue wealth- or settle for living in a tent. That is a choice anyone can make. Being equal does not entitle you to anything except the chance to make the most of yourself. No slavery. No formal social classes (like nobles and commoners). No variables in the eyes of the law. It does not entitle you to take what others have built in order to be equal- it grants you the opportunity to build for yourself. That is the equality of the constitution, and it is open to every citizen. The rest is your own life choices, and you have no business blaming others for what you failed to do for yourself.
What is hate filled in the post you replied to? The observation that Trump is incapable of empathy for others is easy for anyone to see.
And another hate post confirming the opinion expressed in the OP.
If you couldn't see the hate in that post it's because you are so immersed in hate yourself and have lost all rational perspective.
ROFL, yea right.
You had that sentience pretyped in responce to ANYTHING that man had to say that doesent just flat out say sorry your right. Hate trully is blind, and you just put that on display for everyone to see. YOU cant see it cause you dont like the reflection it casts.
Yeah no hate at all here. LOL
"Trump is a miserable human being"
"Trump is a walking nightmare."
Well it's a tricky thing. We all know that the Dem Party enjoys the political loyalty of most media outlets, which in turn equates to 'the power of political propaganda' and just how much that can or will control the perspective of voters.
If enough people BELIEVE that Trump should somehow have prevented any and all deaths from COVID-19 then that makes a difference. If enough people BELIEVE that Trump sent White Supremacists out to riot, loot, burn, mug and murder for month after month inside Dem Party controlled cities then that makes a difference. If enough people BELIEVE that Joe Biden with his sixty supporters rallies and hiding in a basement for month after month somehow means that he is superior to a candidate who routinely hits the campaign trail and fills huge rally venues all the damn time then that makes a difference. If enough people refuse to believe their eyes and ears in regards to Joe Biden's blatant dementia then that makes a difference.
So I guess it just depends on how many gullible political independents are roaming around this nation. So, yes, the Dem Party's 'We Hate Trump!' politics could work . . . if enough people are intellectually impaired.
Well, in all fairness that would not be hate winning the election, that would be Goebbels/Pravda style fascist/communist propaganda that fake news MSM has become winning the election...
But sure, they have a chance to win the election.....at least according to the polls which might well be part of that same Goebbels/Pravda style propaganda directed at the suppression of pro-Trump turnout.
Jews for Trump were just attacked in NYC
Wrong, he won because people voted against hillary.
So when did it stop being great?
Correct. One could almost call 2020 the year of leftist generated disinformation. But hatred is there as well. Every time the MSM gives camera time to a whacko Hollywood celebrity spouting lunatic hate at Trump, every time BLM Marxists are excused for THEIR hatred of police and ANY citizen defending themselves against violent ANTIFA and BLM thugs leftist generated hatred is being pushed. So the hatred is there wrapped in a warm blanket of disinformation in the form of propaganda. It's a glorious combination of . . . evils.
Yeah, I saw the news, the demonstration was amazing though.... and the last 10 seconds of this video made my weekend
Right. They come because they are against Hillary.
In the previous election yep.
It does show you the paper tiger strength of Antifa: they bully, but once you fight back, they crumple up. They're dorks, losers, but they still should be considered domestic terrorists.
Separate names with a comma.