Why Iran?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Phoebe Bump, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Pakistan HAS nukes, Iran only wants them (maybe). Pakistan has delivery systems; Iran, too (if it can find parts). Pakistan is a hang-out for Al Qaeda, Iran not so much, nay, not at all. The guy responsible for the World Trade Center van bombing was Pakistani. Damn, I can't think of the last Iranian to blow up anything. Iran and the Shia militia are rooting out ISIS in Irag. Where are the Pakis?

Say, I have a suggestion. Let's bomb the (*)(*)(*)(*) out of Iran. Israel will be our really best friend if we do.

2. Mr. Swedish Guy

Mr. Swedish Guy New Member

I sure hope you're not making the argument that since the world is already (*)(*)(*)(*) we might as well make it more (*)(*)(*)(*)ty?

3. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member Past Donor

Pakistan does not have access to half the worlds oil supply, a vital commodity which the world absolutely relies on currently.

Like it or not, we are dependent on oil and giving one nation, the possibility of having complete control over that resource, is foolhardy, especially when they have engaged in erroneous behavior in the past.

4. hoorshid

hoorshid New Member

thanks for being honest!

5. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Nope. I'm making the argument that Iran should be way down on the list of American priorities. But the real argument I'm making is that our priorities are determined in Tel Aviv.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither does Iran.

6. Lee S

Lee S Moderator Staff Member Past Donor

Why Iran? Iran has stated that one of its goals is the destruction of Israel and having the Jewish people driven into the sea. So why would one treat Iran any different than Germany in the late 30s and early 40s? We did go to war to stop those guys, so why not Iran? Iran is a religious theocracy and they have stated that one of their main theological goals was to cleanse the world with fire to pave the way for the 12th Imam of the 12th Imam, The Iranian religious leaders see the use of nuclear weapons as a logical progression to that whole cleansing the world with fire thingy. Why wouldn't America, the Great Satan, in the eyes of the mullahs, not be a logical target for that cleansing? So rather wait for that cleansing, perhaps it would be a wise intervention to take any precaution available, before New York City is a radioactive crater.

Finally, a nation run by religious loons is probably better off with less powerful weapons. Didn't we learn our lesson during the Spanish Inquisition, the 100 Year War, and the Holocaust? I don't hand out guns to lunatics and our government should endeavor to do the same. That is why Iran.

7. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

Because nuclear weapons proliferation is bad for the American people.

8. buddhaman

buddhaman New Member

Iran doesn't have half the world's oil supply either.

9. Spooky

Well once they get nukes they will be able to affect the prices of all the oil leaving the ME.

If that is not half the worlds supply it is still a large chunk of it.

10. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Support this claim with evidence.

11. Lee S

12. Questerr

Questerr Banned

13. 3link

3link Well-Known Member Past Donor

What behavior are you referring to?

14. katzgar

katzgar Banned

Pakistan hasn't threatened our existence like Iran has. Lets throw the death of Americans at Beirut, Kobar towers and Iraq war in too.

15. Spooky

If you do not know Iran's history by this point there is really no point in explaining it to you.

16. Lee S

17. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

Pakistan's nukes don't destabilize the region.

18. 3link

3link Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm not asking for a history lesson. I'm asking what behavior you consider to be erroneous. That's not a question of history. That's a question of your opinion.

I think the US did way more damage to Iran than Iran has ever done to the US.

19. hoorshid

hoorshid New Member

oh God!!!
    from where U have brought that BULL(*)(*)(*)(*)?!
    lots of Jewish are leaving in Iran!they have candidate in Parliament.most of them have good jobs and are wealth.
    the matter is not about Jewish people!
    the main problem is Israel.lots of Jewish are against Israel even in US.
    Iran is against Israel and Zionists not Jewish.

what Iran says is that if Germans brought about trouble for Jewish then why Palestinian compensate?is that democracy that someone from other parts of the world gather and decide for Palestinian people and vote for robbing their land!?
    what Iran says is that there should be an election which Palestinians can take part in and also some others who born there(not some who went there from other parts of the world!!) and they are the only people who have this write to decide for that land.

20. jack4freedom

jack4freedom Well-Known Member Past Donor

Then why not invade Israel and dismantle their arsenal?

21. jack4freedom

jack4freedom Well-Known Member Past Donor

Mr_Truth and (deleted member) like this.
  22. hoorshid

hoorshid New Member

Iran is the only independent entity left in the region of any consequence.All others are tributaries of Washington, with the exception of Syria, which has no oil and is defenseless.

after revelation Iran started to not only be independent from US but also in some cases like Palestine issue be against US.
    so it doesn't matter in which case Iran is going to improve , any improvement for Iran will be a bad example for other nations in region...

http://patrickfoydossier.com/patrickfoydossier/2007_Entries/Entries/2007/2/4_The_Bad_Example.html

23. DivineComedy

DivineComedy Well-Known Member

David Koresh or Nero’s Christians burning Rome, you are asking for evidence that religious fanatics believe that judgment day will come when things go bad, and reject the notion that those with “prophecy” cannot hasten the circumstances; the Fundamentalist Baptist Madrassa taught that a prophecy that is too easy to interpret can be worked toward, it is like subliminal suggestion.

Why Iran?

Simply because if any Party chanted “Death to Iran” I would not want them to have nukes, nor would I want them let off the hook for only wanting conventional weapons (including what “liberals” call “freedom fighters”) to carry out their message delivery, so I asked a question of the Muslim (August 30, 2001 10:35 PM):

I did not get an answer, except that another person in the topic later pointed me to the post in a topic where the Muslim did ask for forgiveness for what “they” were about to do.

Oh, and on 9/11 when I went to the Azzam link at the Muslim’s website I followed a bloody Mujahideen link to a message board where the Muslims were taking about something big coming. http://www.oocities.org/weneedallah/index.html

It was Louis Farrakhan who answered the question I asked:

September, 16th, 2001: "Whenever a nation becomes great and powerful by God’s Permission, as America has; whenever a nation becomes the undisputed ruler of the world, as America has, by Allah’s Permission; when a nation becomes the only remaining superpower, having the power to destroy other nations and people by the tens of thousands and millions, as Allah has permitted America the power to do, and that nation then has a spiritual lapse and begins to sink into moral decline, the Qur’an teaches that Allah (God) raises a messenger, but he raises that messenger from among the poor and the abject to guide and to warn the great and the powerful.

Allah (God) knows that the powerful will not heed a warning coming from their ex-slave or from the weak or from the abject, so the Qur’an teaches that Allah (God) then seizes that nation with distress and affliction, that it might humble itself. For only in humility can the proud and the powerful heed the Guidance of God, which is mercy and grace from Himself. Allah (God) used this tragedy, hopefully, to bring a great nation to Himself." (Louis Farrakhan) http://www.africawithin.com/farrakhan/farrakhan_response_911.htm

"[8.17] So you did not slay them, but it was Allah Who slew them, and you did not smite when you smote (the enemy), but it was Allah Who smote, and that He might confer upon the believers a good gift from Himself; surely Allah is Hearing, Knowing." "AL-ANFAL (SPOILS OF WAR, BOOTY)"

"[9.32] They desire to put out the light of Allah with their mouths, and Allah will not consent save to perfect His light, though the unbelievers are averse."

Sorry, but nuts are simply nuts.

24. hoorshid

hoorshid New Member

first of all some parts of Qur'an U mentioned is about hell and next world. the life after this life.it has nothing to do with Nuke bomb!!! and also God's promise to disbelievers and cruel people about what will happen to them after death.also for many many times God is saying in Qur'an that if U repent U will fined me very kind and merciful.but anyway how it is an evidence for U that Muslim will do what US government did to people all these years?or what U said :
    if U read Qur'an read all of it: "whoever slays a soul, unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men(Holy Qur'an 5 : 32 )"

and second God never ever don't want anyone be cruel or do any kind of injustice.so what US did to different nations around the world has nothing to do with God.the main matter in this case You've missed is that human as it is human should have freewill and so he is the only one who is responsible for what he did. and based on that there will be heaven or hell...

and about God's messenger, God absolutely sent it's messengers to all humans , reach and poor , powerful or slave , black or white...
    as we have that in history even before prophet Muhammad :
    ...and when he reached it, he was called by name: o Moses!(20:11)
    .....o thou unto pharaoh! lo! he hath transgressed (the bounds).(20:24)
    ....(pharaoh) said: who then is the lord of you twain, o Moses? (20:49 ) he said: our lord is he who gave unto everything its nature, then guided it aright. (20:50 )he said: what then is the state of the generations of old? (20:51 )he said: the knowledge thereof is with my lord in a record. my lord neither erreth nor forgetteth, (20:52 ) who made the earth for you an expanse and made for you therein paths and sent down water from the cloud; then thereby we have brought forth many species of various herbs (20:53 )

about prophet Muhammad we have same thing in history...

but the matter is most of powerful people who achieved their wealth unlawfully on in immoral way don't want loos that so they won't listen to God's messenger. of course all of them are not like that and we had some wealth people who have been great believers, but most of them yes.and why God raise is messengers from among poor,as U asked,
    first of all that is not true,yes God's messengers never tried catch money in immoral ways but it doesn't mean they have been poor.the main issue in this case is that poor people and someone who had to bear unjust situations accepted prophets easier because their heart didn't get dark by being cruel so can accept truth better and also they see God's structure as some savior!but again it is not about all of them there was poor people in history that didn't accept truth.

also prophets lived like poor people to show being wealth is not a glory.

25. hoorshid

hoorshid New Member

I really have great problem when some American says that!!!
    US USED NUKE BOMB!and killed 200 thousands innocent people in some seconds!and some one who did this shamefully justify what they did.US senators shamefully talk about attacking Iran and using Nuke bomb!US is producing thousands of Nuke bomb which is 100 times more powerful that what explored in Japan!and think it is their right to have it!US government USED depleted uranium (which briefly is the garbage of enriched uranium)in Iraq.and brought about collection of horrible cancers for at least 4 or 5 genders and even is not agreed to inform Iraq government in which parts exactly did that so they can clean there and stop this humanitarian disaster.US used orange agent in Vietnam and still U have many many children born with terrible cancer!how many nations around the world have some one in their family killed by US soldiers?do U have any idea?here canted that for U: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States
    don't US government dares even talk about human right!!

and now U say U are worried if, one day, Iran wants to have Nuke bomb when Iran said many many times it never ever justify use of Weapon of mass destruction because of it's belief?!!Iran never used chemical weapons in war with Saddam because of Islamic belief, at the time Iraq used that many many times and Iran also could do that.