Russian bomber black box "broken"

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by ararmer1919, Dec 19, 2015.

1. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

So there's been all this talk from the kremlinites about how Russia is going to release this black box that will completely and totally prove that Russia has been right this whole time... And then this happened.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/russia-black-box-turkey-1.3371080

Uh-oh. Guess there isn't any proof of Russia's innocence after all. So sad that it's broken.

The actual reality of it is that Putin finally saw the data that was on it, realized that it actually proved that TURKEY was telling the truth, and so now the black box is conveniently "broken" so that when they do actually had it over to international personal we won't be able to see that the Russian plane WAS in Turkish airspace.

Well. Kremlin team. Let's hear your spins on this.

2. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

I think the main thrust of the incident is that the plane wasn't attacking, and was in Turkish airspace only for a matter of seconds anyway, so there was no justification for shooting it down. Unless, of course, anyone actually believes the 'ten warnings' spin.

3. Sly Lampost

Sly Lampost New Member

The box was opened in the presence of British and Chinese representatives. Just bear that in mind please. Also, as I have mentioned elsewhere, data can be recovered from broken chips, so let's not jump to any conclusions until after the analysis has been done.

4. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

Putin pulls a Hillary. How ironic that a democrat presidential nominee is teaching Russia the art of deception.

5. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

And it's been in Russian possession for weeks and the only people with access to it were the Russians. Plenty of time to tamper with it. That they "opened" it in front of foreign dignitaries after having already tampered with it is useless.

And we will find that the data is "to damaged to use".

6. Sly Lampost

Sly Lampost New Member

The box was externally sealed and also coated on the inside with a white powder substance that hadn't been disturbed or tampered with. Both the British and Chinese observers were present to ensure accuracy and fairness.

The damage inside the box is quite possible and reasonable given the two blows the aircraft received - once from the missile and the other from hitting the ground. No surprises there.

In the event that data can be recovered you'll find a reason to doubt it anyway. For you and other members here the Russians can never win, no matter what they do. This forum exhibits some of the worst examples of blind prejudice I've ever come across in my life -- and I lived through the entire cold war from beginning to end.

But go ahead and enjoy your conspiracy theory anyway.

7. Alucard

Alucard New Member Past Donor

Something is rotten in Denmark.

8. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

We really going to sit here and pretend that Russia couldn't pull that off? Seriously?

Such damage to black boxes that cause the data to be unreadable is not impossible but is very very rare. It actually is a pretty big surprise. Very convenient in this circumstance.

And in any case where the US was trying to prove or disprove something you and your Russian coworkers would be do THE EXACT SAME THING. For you and other members here the US can never win no matter what they do. This forumn exhibits some of the worst examples of blind prejudice I've ever come across in my life. See how easy I can turn that around? Do you deny that the Putin lackeys are like that? Do you see the hypocrisy in your statement?

9. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

From the link: Russian experts opened the plane's orange flight recorder on Friday in Moscow in front of reporters and diplomats.

Colonel Andrei Semonov said the device, located near the tail of the plane, had been damaged by the Turkish air-to-air missile as well as by its impact with the ground.

Some of its memory chips were visibly broken in places.

Officials said experts would try to analyse its contents over the weekend with the aid of special equipment before presenting their findings on Monday.

I think the point is that Russia had been warned off invading Turkish airspace... and Putin has a case of the ass over his pipeline debacle and blames Turkey.

10. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

looks like a cover-up by Putina

11. rkhames

rkhames Well-Known Member

The Russian pilot flew over a small section of territory that is claimed by both the Turks and the Syrians. This was not the first intrusion, and Turkey issued warnings before. Turkey believed that, by flying over the airspace, Russia was backing the Syrian to the territory. When Turkish radar showed the Russian bomber on a track to enter their airspace, they started issuing warnings for the pilot to deviate his course over guard frequencies that all pilots are required to monitor. The pilot refused, and entered the disputed territory. As a result, Turkey shot the plane down. After the plane was shot down, Russian forces entered Turkish territory again in an attempt to retrieve the down pilot.

The US released recordings of the Turks warning the pilots disproves Russian claims of no warnings. As far as Russia's claim that they were not in Turkish airspace is nothing more then semantics. Since the territory is disputed, both the Turkish and Russians claims can be considered true. I personally think that someone finally explained that to Putin. Turkey had already released tracking data that showed the Russian aircraft in the disputed territory. The tracking data from the black box would have shown the same thing, so it wasn't released. For Russia to be backing Syrian claim to the disputed territory would be contrary to their claim that they were only there to fight ISIS, and not there to back Assad.

But Turkey bears the responsibility for what happened to one of the pilots after the plane was shot down.

12. Fallen

Fallen Well-Known Member

Part of the box is damaged. The results will come out monday

13. DonRumataEstorsky

DonRumataEstorsky Banned

Ukraine was hiding Black boxes of MH17, then the Dutch did this, and no one accused them that they have something fake. Russia is doing everything as openly as possible.MOD EDIT - Rule 3

14. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

What? Ukraine never hid the black boxes. They were turned over to the Dutch extremely quickly. And if you had the slightest idea of what you are talking about you would know the Dutch never said anything like this. We know exactly what was on those black boxes. They weren't damaged whatsoever nor was there ever a claim they were. We even know the final words of the pilots. It's available to the public. Dutch never said they were damaged like Russia is now so how could we accuse them of anything? MOD EDIT - Rule 3

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...suffered-massive-explosive-decompression.html

MOD EDIT - Rule 3/Reply to Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Bet you my pay check I know what we will be told.

- - - Updated - - -

Should we even be surprised?

15. Fallen

Fallen Well-Known Member

Yeh, yeh. I'm not worried big it.

Like Putin said, regardless of what the flight recorder reviels, they view of Turkey will not change. They had close ties. And to shoot an aircraft for a 17 second violation is not something that neutral parties would do to each other. But a close partner? That's a true betrayal.

China has been complaining about US violating their airspace recently, should they scratch the procedure and close ties that they have developed just because they havery a "right" to shoot the invading planes out of the sky? Should China start shooting every US military airplane flying over their airspace? Why do people think Turkey can?

I just don't understand double standards

16. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

Well that depends. How many ethic Chinese has the US bombed? You guys keep forgetting or ignoring huge parts of this story. You act like this is the first and only incident that has happened between them and that this was just completely out of the blue. This is false. Russia had been violating Turkish airspace dozens of times before this, had been bombing ethnic Turks in Syria and had even on several occasions bombed targets that were actually INSIDE Turkey. Very shortly before this happened Turkey TOLD Russia that they were don't, Russia would stop doing it immediately and that any further aggression would be responseded to. And yet you guys act so completely shocked that Turkey would dare do something so horrible. Are you freaking kidding me??? No seriously, explain that to me. Explain to me the logic in that.
    MOD EDIT - Rule 3

17. Fallen

Fallen Well-Known Member

Wait, russia bombed Turkey? And America violated Chinese airspace many times before. And American planes continued to violated the airspace despite warnings.

Like I said, shooting down a jet isn't the proper procedure,ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE ALLIES

Erdoğan himself said “a short-term border violation can never be a pretext for an attack”.

according to your logic, China should start shooting down every US military air craft violating their airspace.

18. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

Once again you ignore the "bombing Turkish Tribesman" part. Probably cause it puts to big a hole in your logic. Until the US bombs some Chinese people, then there is no comparison, so stop bringing it up as if it somehow helps your position, cause it doesn't.

19. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

There is no dispute over the territory except in the 'delusional' mind of Erdogan. It is Syrian territory, that Turkey decided on its own to declare a no fly zone, even though they had no authorization and no legality to do so. It would be the same as Mexico declaring part of California a no fly zone.

Unlike the Americans and the Turks, Russia was invited into Syria by the legal president Assad, and it was their responsibility to protect Syria's sovereignty and not to have it challenged by an outlaw nation such as Turkey.

According to the surviving pilot the Turks gave no warning, which I believe wholeheartedly. Turkey has a history of deceptions and false flag operations...and even now the Turkish army is committing genocide and ethnic cleansing towards the Kurds in Eastern Turkey, and covering it up with their usual lies and filth.

According to reliable Russian authorities, (the only one I accept), the shoot down took months of planning, so it wasn't a rash decision. The information as to where the plane was and at what time, was given to the Americans by the Russians as per their agreement. The Americans then passed it on to the coalition...which makes the US suspect in the shoot down as well.

20. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

The warning was given and anyone with a Radio Frequency Channel Scanner picked up the warning.

So did the NSA, NATO and many other states.

AboveAlpha

21. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

Uh huh, and we all have to accept Obama and Kerry's word on it, because they will never show any proof...just like the airliner downed by Kiev.

22. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

They already released those to the UN genius.

- - - Updated - - -

Is she for real?

23. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

ANYONE with a scanner.

You can listen to it on the internet...run a search.

AboveAlpha

24. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well they would say that wouldn't they - it perpetuates the western narrative. Turkey has always been duplicitous, unscrupulous, and utterly untrustworthy.

25. Kiwi33

Kiwi33 New Member

stop protecting ISIS -Turkish Tribesman :oldman: