Cop fired at brown 6 times...paused then fired 4 more?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by The Mello Guy, Aug 26, 2014.

1. EMTdaniel86

EMTdaniel86 Banned

This is easy to disprove. That police department carries a SIG Sauer P226. The ammo is most likely a 40S&W. That type of gun for law enforcement carries a 12rds/mag. According the autopsy 6-8rds hit Brown. That means he would have 6-4rds left in the mag. That is simple math.

2. EMTdaniel86

EMTdaniel86 Banned

ummm no.

3. upside-down cake

upside-down cake Well-Known Member

I can't post word for word, but the main parts of what I said was speculating about the story.

I said that it was unlikely that a kid, no matter how big or tall, keeps charging at a police officer as that officer is unoading bullets into him.

I also drew attention to the fact that the boy was shot in the head. I speculated on two scenarios in which I asked Brew to consider when the boy was shot in the head. At the beginning or at the end. If in the beginning, is it truly possible that the kid kept charging at the cop in a life-threatening manner with gun shot wounds to the head?

If at the end, is it really possible that the kid was still in the condition to seriously harm the cop. Even so, shooting a person in the head is not easy. To be shot multiple times in the head is a bit of a red flag. And to be at the end of shooting the boy multiple times...suspicious.

And this suspicion grows if there really was a pause.

I also then speculated on the general validity of the story and wondered if this would happen or be an acceptable story if this was a White kid that was shot. I also said that had it been a rich kid, that cop would never wear a badge again, and would be lucky not to rot in jail.

I also said something about the defenses case generally being that this kid decided to rush an armed cop, and kept rushing him after the cop started firing into him. Puzzling behavior since I wondering on the motivation for this kid. Where, in between being stopped by police and before being shot does this kid decide to assault a police officer to such a determined extent?

Where is the hypocrisy? I did not submit any of my speculations as fact, I named them as speculations wheras other people seem to be making affirmations that this is what must have happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Well...who gets to count the bullets in the mag? The accused? Hmmm...

4. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Not looking good for the cop. Everyday his story shows more holes. He will be convicted in the end.

5. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

What's the matter with you??? Haven't you been reading this board?? HE DESERVED IT! He was a big BLACK MAN, a THUG with an extensive juvenile record
    with a friend who had murder 2 rap who both robbed a convenience store and beat up a clerk and beat up a cop and broke the cops face open and tried to steal his gun. He deserved to be shot 10 times. Don't you know anything??

6. EMTdaniel86

EMTdaniel86 Banned

The investigators. When there is a officer involved shooting, the officrs weapon is usually taken in to evidence with in a couple of hours after. Then it is signed for and backed. The chain of evidence is start at that point. Anyone who wants to see that evidence has to sign for it. I can tell you right now that they know how many rounds he fired. Given the fact that Brown supporters also said he was shot in the back….. I am not holding out much hope that this real. In conjunction with that here is a question this now just surfaces? Given the cirmstances surrounding this case?

- - - Updated - - -

And the same was said for Zimmerman too. How well did that turn out?

7. upside-down cake

I doubt it. I've seen cops get away with far more incriminating circumstances.

8. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

Considering that Brown only had 6 gunshot wounds (last time i heard anyways) this would be consistent with the officer firing a bunch of times and apparently missing most of them and having to fire more rounds to stop him. If anything all this does is show that the officer has a 60% accuracy rating. Trying to read anything else into it is pure partisan bull(*)(*)(*)(*).

9. upside-down cake

Well, that is how it's supposed to happen. Kind of like saying police are not supposed to work with the mafia, or bank tellers are not normally supposed to steal from the register, according to procedures. Reality is a bit messier, though...

I'm just wondering, though. I tend to not take any part of it for granted.

10. 10A

10A Chief Deplorable Past Donor

Like I said the post is deleted so I'm not going to address that further. I apologize for bringing it up.

From the autopsy information (as little as we have, so this is speculation) the final shot (or second to last, see below) was at the top of the head, as it was physiologically incapacitating according to the private medical examiner. Most of the shots were in the right arm, none of which would be immediately incapacitating though if they hit an artery Brown would have had a serious issue.

The other shot to the face is interesting, as it hit the eye, deflected off bone (presumably, the entrance angle is not clear and Brown could have had his head down) and exited the bottom of the chin and entered the top of the chest (or bottom of the neck). That may seem really odd to a lot of people but bullet deflection by bones is not uncommon. If that was the path of the bullet, it never entered the brain, and wouldn't be incapacitating physiologically. We don't know what the bullet did to the orb of the eye but looking at the autopsy diagram it is possible that the orb was intact.

Another possibility is the officer was shooting so fast (and you can believe that if the audio is authentic) that the last two shots went to the head. In that case you can swap either of the head shots as it doesn't matter which one is last. The shot on the top of the head could not have been first, or even the first 4 shots, because Brown would have been down and he was shot 4 times in the arm as though he was erect.

11. upside-down cake

Well, that is your opinion on it...

Outside of speculation, it is hard to say how a person reacts to being shot. Especially in the face. Not exactly something you push through...

But I suppose I'll let this story play itself out in full. It's kinda useless to keep projecting on every little fact or hearsay that comes in at this point unless the person is simply trying to push their view of the case.

12. 10A

"Not exactly something you push through..." Plenty of people have, but of course you're free to speculate on what happened in the particular case and push your own view of the case.

13. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Well-Known Member

Are you privy to information that the rest of us don't get to see?
    From what I gather, the shoot was legal under Missouri law. It was IAW established procedure.
    IMO, if the cop is even charged, every single LEO in this country should stand down and refuse to work for about a week, and let the country see how it feels to be free of their menace.

14. upside-down cake

There are cases where people have continued to attack someone after being shot in the face? Can you link one? Like...the eye.

15. highntight

highntight Banned

Yup six shoots while he was running, two of which must have hit, he turns and surrenders and the cop takes a breath sights in and pulls off four more rounds just the way witnesses said……..looking bad for the cop, can’t wait to read the police report

16. upside-down cake

I don't know about that. From what I read, it seems like he was hit 6 times, all the bullets being along the right side of the body- two in the head.

I don't like the way this is playing out. Aside from the autopsy itself is the polices reluctance to even release information about the case. We had to wait this long just to know how many times the boy was shot. We have to wait for basic information about this case that should have been released on the first day.

Add that to the fact that the main suspect is put on administrative leave in an undisclosed location- essentially hiding one of the key elements of the whole case...whatever happened to "don't leave town"?

17. highntight

highntight Banned

I’m assuming that all four shots in the second burst hit which you would think means that two in the first burst hit. Which is just enough info to write the story many different ways….bring on the police report

18. justonemorevoice

justonemorevoice Well-Known Member

Well, I was told (ridiculed) when I asked what was taking so long releasing stuff that the PD is too busy to do it because of rioting.

19. upside-down cake

Yeah, I'm sure one can think of many different scenario's as to what happened. There were witnesses- at least five from what I remember, but I don't know if their testimony will be used.

Doubtful.

20. justonemorevoice

Lol. Which part?

21. upside-down cake

Cops were not investigating because they were too busy rioting...that's doubtful. Especially when I review the actions of the police department ever since the shooting it would indicate the classic shuffle on the behalf of the police to hastily cover their tracks and frame their argument.

When you are telling the truth, their is no hesitation to tell your story and present the facts to questioning. Police and investigators, themselves, site this as red flag behavior when investigating crimes.

22. 10A

More than one, sorry I can't link the whole paper. In several of these cases there was a gunfight and the suspect reloaded.
    A study on head wounds that were not incapacitating (including a couple in the eye):
    http://link.springer.com/static-content/lookinside/829/art%3A10.1007%2FBF01844822/000.png
    http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01844822/lookinside/001.png

Police shoots perp, 17 total shot hits, 3 mortal shots to the head but he kept fighting
    http://www.policemag.com/channel/pa...-fired-skokie-illinois-08-25-2008/page/3.aspx

This one didn't involve shots to the head, and the suspect eventually died after fighting while being handcuffed. He was 20ft from the officers, who fired at least 107 rounds, with only 17 hitting the suspect. These included .40 pistol rounds and .223 rifle rounds. I link this only to show that bullets aren't magical killers or even immediately incapacitating. [WARNING VERY GRAPHIC PICTURES]
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/documents/officer.pdf

Shot 5 times in the face and neck, stopped attacking but lived and stumbled away from scene.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/georgia-mom-shoots-home-intruder-face-article-1.1234400

Shrapnel to the face, along with 37 puncture wounds including 2 with a bayonet, 6 shots from an AK-47. His rescue helicopter crashed...with him in it. He woke up in the hospital with his intestines hanging out and couldn't talk or move much...he had to spit in the face of his doctor before they zipped up the body bag. He lived to tell the tale and received the Medal of Honor
    http://www.psywarrior.com/benavidez.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raul_Benavidez#Medal_of_Honor

23. justonemorevoice

Did you know that xray wasnt actually wilsons?

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/art...an_Orbital_Blowout_Fracture_of_the_Eye_Socket

24. 10A

Two shots must have hit while he was running? How did those magical bullets hit him in the front when he was running away (see autopsy diagram)?

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think all 4 shots in the 2nd burst hit? Why do you think this audio is authentic?

25. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

I can draw a few conclusions from the left's eagerness to embrace this random audio file.

Even though they have tried not to let it on, they must have lost confidence in their original witness since the audio doesn't match his story. Yet by disregarding that witness, they've also made a tactical error: they've revealed that this is more about lynching the officer for them than it is about the truth because you can't rely on two conflicting stories at the same time. The appropriate response is to slow down and wait for the evidence to come in and that's not what they're doing.

It's also occurred to me that while some leftists defend the media bias as a sensationalism bias and not a liberal bias (that may be relevant here since how else do you explain the way CNN is shooting the left in the foot by making a big deal over this), these two biases are actually very close to being the same thing because sensationalism and liberalism go hand-in-hand.